Ahhh... no complaining allowed!

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I don't want to see any tears over the Pro Bowl selections. While many fans in here were posting thread after thread encouraging people to vote and showing what fans of other teams were doing we had more then our fair share of posters clamoring that the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest and they don't watch it anyways. Even more so this or that player does not deserve it but now with the release of the rosters I'm seeing all kinds of complaining.

If you don't vote don't complain. I vote for every Cowboys at every position just because they are COWBOYS. If we all did that we would have nothing to complain about.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2500089 said:
I don't want to see any tears over the Pro Bowl selections. While many fans in here were posting thread after thread encouraging people to vote and showing what fans of other teams were doing we had more then our fair share of posters clamoring that the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest and they don't watch it anyways. Even more so this or that player does not deserve it but now with the release of the rosters I'm seeing all kinds of complaining.

If you don't vote don't complain. I vote for every Cowboys at every position just because they are COWBOYS. If we all did that we would have nothing to complain about.

I love the Cowboys but when I vote, I vote for players who I think deserve it. I'm glad to see guys like Ratliff make the Pro Bowl and Ware was a no brainer.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
I'm not going to vote for a Cowboy if they dont deserve it.

Romo - Deserved it
MBIII - Did not deserve it
Witten - Yup
TO - Nope
Flo/Bigg/Gurode - Sure I guess...I dont know anything about other Olines

Ware - Oh absolutely
Ratliff - Yes
James - Quite possibly yes
Newman - Ehh, I'm torn

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2500109 said:
I'm not going to vote for a Cowboy if they dont deserve it.

Romo - Deserved it
MBIII - Did not deserve it
Witten - Yup
TO - Nope
Flo/Bigg/Gurode - Sure I guess...I dont know anything about other Olines

Ware - Oh absolutely
Ratliff - Yes
James - Quite possibly yes
Newman - Ehh, I'm torn

Vikings and Giants are the only other team who has an O-line like ours imo.

Newman deserved it as did james.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
It is a popularity contest. We had 13 pro bowlers last year and 5 this year and what does that mean? It means that people thought 13 people were cool last year and only 5 this year. It really means nothing about how they really played.

That is what bugs me when people say "how can the Cowboys not play better with 13 pro bowlers". It isn't a real measure of quality. Just opinion. It is not even based on stats.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
How did Newman deserve it? He only played half the games. James? Maybe, but not Newman.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
The only real beef is Folk and maybe James. James came on too late IMO. He may still go as some may back out and he should be in that hunt. Maybe Newman, too. Doubt him though.

Folk should have gone.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Paniolo22;2500395 said:
How did Newman deserve it? He only played half the games. James? Maybe, but not Newman.

Romo's first year making the pro bowl he only played half the games. did he not deserve it?

StarHead69

Reaction score
I would like to know why people think that Folk should go to the Pro Bowl? In my opinion, Folk is a clutch FG kicker but since he never gets touchbacks he isn't a pro-bowl candidate.

just sayin' :cool:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
noober;2500567 said:
I would like to know why people think that Folk should go to the Pro Bowl? In my opinion, Folk is a clutch FG kicker but since he never gets touchbacks he isn't a pro-bowl candidate.

just sayin' :cool:

That's legitimate. I just think he's money. I don't remember him ever missing a game winning kick. Is that true?

DFWJC

Reaction score
jobberone;2500406 said:
The only real beef is Folk and maybe James. James came on too late IMO. He may still go as some may back out and he should be in that hunt. Maybe Newman, too. Doubt him though.

Folk should have gone.

who would james have replaced?

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
I'm glad we didn't have 13 this year.

Contract negotiations are a lot harder and more expensive when guys make the popularity contest.( Pro-Bowl)

Agent says......But Jerry, my guy is a pro-bowler, that is way to low an offer for a pro-bowler.

:jackpot: :money:

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Fans voting don't matter that much, unless it is a close voting by Players/coaches and the media. So complaining or not complaing by fans who voted or didn't vote, is not an issue.

How many Commanders got voted to pro-bowl again? Since had their whole roster in pro-bowl according to fan voting.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
the kid 05;2500525 said:
Romo's first year making the pro bowl he only played half the games. did he not deserve it?

He threw for 3000 yds and 19 tds in those games. He also had the 3rd highest passer rating, led the league in yards per attempt, and beat out QB's that at the time were either on bad teams or injured. Plus, there are only 16 QB's overall to choose from, where as there are up to 48 CB's to choose from if you count nickel corners.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
jobberone;2500406 said:

Folk should have gone.

I'd say the biggest beef is Eli over Romo. Romo is the top rated passer in the NFC and is 8 and 3. His 3 losses were all very close too. Eli has been solid - NOT an All-Star. He's like the 16th rated passer in the NFL! His running game and D have been big all year and he has been decent. He already got enough gifts in that Super Bowl (MVP, helmet glue, and dropped picks on his big drive) and people feel compelled to make him a Pro Bowler?! I think this will be the first year he actually has a rating of over 77 and it will only be in the 80s at that. What a joke.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Since TO is not that good and is not good enough to be a pro bowler, the defensive coordinators may as well stop double-teaming him, you know since he's average and all. ;)