Aikman as a coach

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He was an NFL QB coach before Jerry made him OC. That’s worlds more than Aikman has done
True. Still, I'd take Troy's HOF career experience and knowledge of the game over a guy that spent 1 year as a QB coach under Garrett's brilliant mind before getting promoted to OC.

That said, I don't want Troy as the OC.

rambo2

Reaction score
People always assume great players can transition into coaching.
People are very naive if they think players will give up their multi million tv gigs to coach. I can't think of one player that has done that,

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Troy throws his thoughts and opinions around quite a bit so heres the question: would he make a great HC or even a better OC? … not the it wiuld happen.
He might make a decent GM, the dude knows talent when a team has it and he knows the Cowboys aren't going anywhere with the TEN TOE SLOTH.

Blitzen

Reaction score
———-

He championed David LaFleur over Tony Gonzalez as TE so I for one question his scout abilities

Better QB coach, but he’d take a big pay cut so broadcast booth better for him

Romo to me better broadcaster as he calls the plays before they happen. Don’t recall Troy doing much of that.

Ha, he was also a QB at the time. He is a studious type and would work very hard to improve his skills. He has said multiple times that he would enjoy the challenge and type of work involved in managing and building a team. He also stated that he would need several years to train at the lowest levels to prove himself and hone his skills.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I hate these dumb threads ....... why would troy take a pay cut to work for a moron like Jerry

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
When was the last time an NFL team hired a HC or OC with zeroNFL or College coaching experience?

Someone earlier recommended Kurt Warner, it’s like “…what….?” There’s a world of difference between watching games so you can speak on them for network entertainment, and you getting a lockerroom of grown men with families to accept being subservients to your ego.
So you're saying the 1000 head coaches we have here on CZ aren't qualified to coach? LOL

Mannix

Reaction score
I'd take Romo as the HC if I thought he would be up for putting in more than 1 - 2 hours work per week.

rynochop

Reaction score
———-

He championed David LaFleur over Tony Gonzalez as TE so I for one question his scout abilities

Better QB coach, but he’d take a big pay cut so broadcast booth better for him

Romo to me better broadcaster as he calls the plays before they happen. Don’t recall Troy doing much of that.
Lafleur went to school not too far from here, boy that was brutal.

They for what ever reason take shots at Romo for calling plays before they happen

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I'd take Romo as the HC if I thought he would be up for putting in more than 1 - 2 hours work per week.

The guy who would make a good HC is Jason Witten.

Romo used to get bullied in the locker room by T.O, unless Jason Witten would grab T.O and pin him against the locker.

Plus, Witten knows this game in all forms more so than Romo.

jnday

Reaction score
These threads reek of desperation.
I think the 49ers game opened a lot of eyes. Many posters finally saw that Dak is not the elite QB that they thought he was, and now they are desperate to see major changes take place because the current Cowboys team can not win these big games. Desperation is all they have left.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Troy throws his thoughts and opinions around quite a bit so heres the question: would he make a great HC or even a better OC? … not the it wiuld happen.

He'd get the team's attention and, like fiery Jimmy, would not hesitate to cut the players below "star" status.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The guy who would make a good HC is Jason Witten.

Romo used to get bullied in the locker room by T.O, unless Jason Witten would grab T.O and pin him against the locker.

Plus, Witten knows this game in all forms more so than Romo.
I think Deion has more coaching experience.:rolleyes: