Twitter: Aikman: Cowboys haven't played a complete game; Likes what the Defense is doing

morasp

Reaction score
It would be great if we could win every game 30-10 but that's not how it works in the NFL. Especially against a divisional rival that's built to beat the other teams in the division and is more familiar with their tendencies.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It would be great if we could win every game 30-10 but that's not how it works in the NFL. Especially against a divisional rival that's built to beat the other teams in the division and is more familiar with their tendencies.

The problem is the trend since Denver and not style pointing 1 game at Washington.

I’m surprised some of you don’t get that.

Nobody was freaking out after the Denver game. It’s the recent trend that has people talking about our offense and our struggling QB.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Defense has the mo on their side.
Can the dak lover's chosen one play up to league standards?

6 game slump: Can he shake it or is this who he is?
151-for-239 (63.2%) on pass attempts for a total of 1,568 passing yards, eight passing TDs, six interceptions and an 82.8 passer rating.
The Boys are 3-3 in those games, with an average of 25.8 points scored.

Last edited:

morasp

Reaction score
The problem is the trend since Denver and not style pointing 1 game at Washington.

Nobody was freaking out after the Denver game. It’s the recent trend that has people talking about our offense and our struggling QB.
Olsen Said the same on Sunday as Aikman. Olsen was saying even with the three WRs back it takes some time to get the timing and chemistry back. Changes to the offensive line have also been an issue. As SJ said they want to get cohesiveness before the playoffs and are evaluating the OL this week. I haven't made it through the whole game but Dak had a couple bad passes, one bad decision on the second INT. There were several drops, one may have been too hot to Zeke. One overthrow looked like he did it on purpose to protect Zeke from getting blown up.

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
he's not wrong.
the difference with this team is a defense generating a consistent pass rush and take-aways that would make Thurman's Thieves proud.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Olsen Said the same on Sunday as Aikman. Olsen was saying even with the three WRs back it takes some time to get the timing and chemistry back. Changes to the offensive line have also been an issue. As SJ said they want to get cohesiveness before the playoffs and are evaluating the OL this week. I haven't made it through the whole game but Dak had a couple bad passes, one bad decision on the second INT. There were several drops, one may have been too hot to Zeke. One overthrow looked like he did it on purpose to protect Zeke from getting blown up.

Buy that “it takes time” BS if you want.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I would say the Falcons game was a complete game.

They need to be more consistent overall though.

The Falcons defense is bad. That’s the problem. It’s very easy to throw all over them.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

If it's recent, why the constant hate, even when he played well? Be objective and not just rip on one guy.....

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Olsen Said the same on Sunday as Aikman. Olsen was saying even with the three WRs back it takes some time to get the timing and chemistry back.

They has a lot hitting at one time: WRs in and out, a shuffling O-Line, RB1 & 2 injured, QB1 possibly injured. They need to figure it our and overcome, though. Good stretch now to do so. Luck we have a defense now that came take some of the heat off.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score

Many on here have been freaking out on Dak every time he sneezes in the wrong direction. I mean I get your point and agree that the recent trend is troubling but this is a guy that's been a top 5-8 QB since he entered the league. Defenses didn't just figure out how to play him after 5+ years in the league. It seems like his confidence is shot but it only takes one good game to fix that. "The sky is falling" narrative while the team is 9-4 and in complete control of their playoff destiny is getting pretty old.

Trendnet

Reaction score
Defense has the mo on their side.
Can the dak lover's chosen one play up to league standards?

6 game slump: Can he shake it or is this who he is?
151-for-239 (63.2%) on pass attempts for a total of 1,568 passing yards, eight passing TDs, six interceptions and an 82.8 passer rating.
The Boys are 3-3 in those games, with an average of 25.8 points scored.

It's who he is, his current performance is just reverting to mean.

The best the Cowboys can hope here is that Dak can have an Eli Manning/Joe Flacco type performance in the playoffs. They need to get the most out of the defense on their current rookie contracts, because Dak's contract is going to hamstring the team significantly in the future.

When Micah contract is up, the Cowboys will hopefully have developed a young QB to step in for Dak and his inevitable release. Dak's future is a backup QB for a team with a young QB.

morasp

Reaction score
Buy that “it takes time” BS if you want.
Time will tell, it's not like it's something to lose any sleep over. It's a game for crying out loud and it's been 25 years since we've done anything in the playoffs.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Lack of run game. Lack of commitment to the run from our genius offensive coordinator.

when the O was humming we ran the ball well.

How much is fox paying Aikman?

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Best time to “slump” is now. They’ve got a few games to figure it out. The NFC Least is in the bag. Just have it right by playoff time. This is where Magic Mike is gonna earn his money and prove his worth.