Twitter: Aikman: Cowboys haven't played a complete game; Likes what the Defense is doing

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
If you look at most teams, they go through a slump. Even Troy's Superbowl teams went through a bit of a slump for a period. Remember that embarrassing '95 game v. Philly? That was not a standalone game. There was a real concern around the team, especially the offense. Then, we take care of Arizona going into the playoffs and everything clicked again. Even this year the top teams have gone through phases. Remember when the WFT beat Tampa?

Troy is right, if we can keep the defense playing well and the offense can get back to clicking, like earlier in the year, we have a good chance to make a deep run.

Jipper

Reaction score
i honestly think if dak doesnt throw that pick 6 with 4 mins to go up 13 and they just run it out, or even punt it back, then they still win and the convo is just more meidocre. My biggest issue is that decision that Dak made to throw a terrible ball at a terrible time when all he needed to do be safe with the ball....that is my biggest worry.

Beaker42

Reaction score
The problem is the trend since Denver and not style pointing 1 game at Washington.

I’m surprised some of you don’t get that.

Nobody was freaking out after the Denver game. It’s the recent trend that has people talking about our offense and our struggling QB.
Uhhh, I was freaking out after the Denver game and now I know why. Dak’s still playing the Broncos.

tunahelper

Reaction score
The problem is the trend since Denver and not style pointing 1 game at Washington.

Nobody was freaking out after the Denver game. It’s the recent trend that has people talking about our offense and our struggling QB.

Agreed. Washington played cover 2 and controlled the ground game with 7 man fronts. Then played cover 2 and Dak has to be patient and we have to run the ball.

Also it appears Dak is making his reads slower and holds the ball. Then the rush gets to him and he forces his throws. Some of the pass rush is Dak holding the ball.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Defense has the mo on their side.
Can the dak lover's chosen one play up to league standards?

6 game slump: Can he shake it or is this who he is?
151-for-239 (63.2%) on pass attempts for a total of 1,568 passing yards, eight passing TDs, six interceptions and an 82.8 passer rating.
The Boys are 3-3 in those games, with an average of 25.8 points scored.

As much as Dak deserves his share of the blame for those numbers, it's important to remember that it's a team game. There have been some route issues, there have been some drops, there have been some blocking issues and there have been some running issues. All those things make it tougher for a quarterback.

He's clearly not playing at the level he was before his injury, but the high level he was playing at shows what he's capable of. Hopefully, he and the rest of the offense can find themselves again and get back to that level before the playoffs start.

morat1959

Reaction score
It's who he is, his current performance is just reverting to mean.

The best the Cowboys can hope here is that Dak can have an Eli Manning/Joe Flacco type performance in the playoffs. They need to get the most out of the defense on their current rookie contracts, because Dak's contract is going to hamstring the team significantly in the future.

When Micah contract is up, the Cowboys will hopefully have developed a young QB to step in for Dak and his inevitable release. Dak's future is a backup QB for a team with a young QB.
Nailed it!

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am kinda pissed off about it,we finally have a good D but our high flying offense has decided to completely go off the reservation .

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
It would be great if we could win every game 30-10 but that's not how it works in the NFL. Especially against a divisional rival that's built to beat the other teams in the division and is more familiar with their tendencies.
It's not how the league works but you can at least play a close game and not look like garbage doing it like we did against the Saints and Washington.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
I’m rolling with Troy
My glass still half full. I truly think we’re fixing to get on a roll. Slumps come and go with players as well as teams. This team is just too good and has showed it....not to snap back.
The defense is most encouraging. I’m a defensive guy and stick to the old adage of defense wins championships...
Barring major injuries....I look for this team to start clicking as a total unit in one or two more games and get on a roll we haven’t seen in many years
Puro Cowboys

Streifenkarl

Reaction score

Very good point and what I have been saying for weeks. The Denver loss was looking like a freak accident at the time and the sound win vs Atlanta supported that assumption. Nobody including me was worried after that crash against Denver.

But it's downhill ever since. And that is the problem. A consistent struggle by the offense until what we saw vs Washington.

morasp

Reaction score
It's not how the league works but you can at least play a close game and not look like garbage doing it like we did against the Saints and Washington.
There's a good chance to offense will get back on track soon. In the mean time try not to lose sleep over it. Go look up Brady's stat line against The Football Team. it was about the same as Dak's except we won.

starfan1

Reaction score
i honestly think if dak doesnt throw that pick 6 with 4 mins to go up 13 and they just run it out, or even punt it back, then they still win and the convo is just more meidocre. My biggest issue is that decision that Dak made to throw a terrible ball at a terrible time when all he needed to do be safe with the ball....that is my biggest worry.
Ya that throw and the missed throw to brown in ot against raiders

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I thought the complete game was 43-3 vs. Atlanta. Regardless of the level of competition, it showed what this team is capable of. Dominant offense, dominant defense, and a special teams touchdown. How much more complete does it get?

starfan1

Reaction score
Ya let me give this a thought for a minute: Troy Aikman and Greg Olson or the zone fanboys that maybe played pee wee ball?

ya I think I’m going with the Troy and Greg NFL is a week to week league it can change that quickly

RonWashington

Reaction score
I thought the Falcons beating was complete and the Eagles and Giants were Tko’d by round 3 , same as the Panther game. Not sure Troy has watched these games .