Twitter: Aikman: Kellen accepted Boise job but backed out

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
New Headline?
Little orphan Kellen runs back to Daddy Warbucks.

:p

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I am not buying this. Sounds fishy. Every job interview I had basically came down to salary. How much are you paying me and where will I be working. What else is there really to negotiate?

We are talking guaranteed contracts here at $2M plus per year. I am guessing it was all about salary.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If you don't mind the cold its a great job, I think eventually they end up in the pac 12.
I love every person I've met from Idaho and had a long time workout buddy who was a BSU guy.

All that said the amount of P5 spots are likely near capped out and when the P5 breaks off as seems inevitable it'll tough to ever leap into.

BSU and other schools in that 40-65 range should absolutely be money whipping the football teams and trying to finish top 20 every year between now and 2024 to ensure they keep or land one of the precious few spots.
Its one of the reason you see so few truly harsh attacks on the CFP.
A school like Cincy or UCF or Boise or BYU wants to fight their way into a P5 D1.

As a P5 member it would be easier for BSU to recruit in many ways but also perhaps tougher to land the JUCO kids who have starred there as guidelines change a lot under P5 conf rules.

Sammy

Reaction score
How would Aikman know if Kellen accepted or not? I'd guess the only people who'd know for sure are Kellen, his agent, and Boise State reps.