Twitter: Aikman, Randy Moss, John Lynch on Cowboys

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 39m
Troy Aikman on the Dallas Cowboys: "They've got some pieces. But they got to stay healthy and they got to keep their quarterback upright."

Jimmy Johnson said he sincerely believed Cowboys were gonna make playoff run the last 3-4 years. "Ive been disappointed the last few years."

John Lynch said Bucs needed time to transition into Tampa 2: "You can only learn through trial and error and learning to trust the system."
Lynch: Any time [Tampa2] has been great, its included a guy...in the middle...that just wrecks things. I'm not so sure [Cowboys] have that."

Randy Moss: "If Dallas could put it together and stay healthy, they'd be hard to stop. But that division could be on the health of RGIII."

blackbull

Reaction score
Who did bears have at dt who was so special? We don't need to be the 2002 bucs John

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tommy Harris was pretty good in the middle there for 6-7 years in CHI.

blackbull

Reaction score
Tommy Harris was pretty good in the middle there for 6-7 years in CHI.

Bears d was good the last two years. Don't tell me Henry Melton is THAT good. Hatcher just has to step his game up.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
You need a quick gap DT, rangy good to better Mike and a big time safety. That's what I see simply but you need more than that and the offenses know how to attack the Tampa 2. Don't know for sure what we will see and it will be complex enough I won't understand a lot of it anyway. Doesn't hurt for all the LBs to be fast and able to get to the ball.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bears d was good the last two years. Don't tell me Henry Melton is THAT good. Hatcher just has to step his game up.

I'm not too worried about our DTs, honestly. Lynch knows better than I do, but I think we'll have enough pressure on the QB, and I don't think we're going to get run on up the middle. We've got good personnel for this defense.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Who did bears have at dt who was so special? We don't need to be the 2002 bucs John

They had Tommy Harris who went to the Pro Bowl in 2005, 2006, and 2007. He was a key lynchpin of the Bears team that went to the Superbowl.

295 lbs and ran a 4.68 fourty coming out of college.

More recently they've had Henry Melton who has 6 sacks in 2012 and 7 sacks the year before.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Aikman said a week ago that he expects the Giants to make the playoffs. He should be on Francesa tomorrow talking about the game so I'll have to give a listen.

Questfor6

Reaction score
Anytime the names Randy Moss and Dallas Cowboys are in the same sentence I just want to cry. Hopefully with 6 weeks to rest and heal Ratliff is rejuvenated to be our version of Warren Sapp.

Aven8

Reaction score

I agree. From running back at UT to dominant Dlineman? Come on Marinelli!

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
I agree with Lynch in that it may take time to really execute the Tampa 2. I'm sure they are just seeing what they can do with the current personnel and only scratching the surface of the capabilities of this scheme. However, I disagree with needing "someone in the middle" to wreck things. We don't necessarily need that. We need sure tacklers and I think we have that.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikman said a week ago that he expects the Giants to make the playoffs. He should be on Francesa tomorrow talking about the game so I'll have to give a listen.

He will be on the Ticket tomorrow morning also, starting his weekly segment with them. Use to be 7:55 CST but not sure it will be same time this year.