Airpods are not good for your brain

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe they are.
Maybe they are not.

One vid of a guy with an app attached to his phone as it beeps is not proof.

I would think if this is truly an issue, and it could be, there would be something that appears to be a tad more scientific in testing it.

For the record. I am not defending Air Pods or apple. I don't like that style of wireless ear buds. Don't like the small buds that are pretty much all in the ear either. Neither tend to have more that six hours of playing time per charge and some of them are just not comfortable.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Maybe they are.
Maybe they are not.

One vid of a guy with an app attached to his phone as it beeps is not proof.

I would think if this is truly an issue, and it could be, there would be something that appears to be a tad more scientific in testing it.

For the record. I am not defending Air Pods or apple. I don't like that style of wireless ear buds. Don't like the small buds that are pretty much all in the ear either. Neither tend to have more that six hours of playing time per charge and some of them are just not comfortable.
I don’t like the tendency for Airpods to fall out of my ear - causing me to ponder spending the equivalent plus an EXTRA $100 to get the Pros.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I wondered about that propeller sticking out my ear.....

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don’t like the tendency for Airpods to fall out of my ear - causing me to ponder spending the equivalent plus an EXTRA $100 to get the Pros.
I have have Samsungs Live, Plus, and Pro. Oddly the the one I never have that problem with is the cheapest (Live). The Pro isn't terrible as far as falling out, but the plus sure is

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Have the same issue with AirPods. Got Cambridge Audio Melomania 1’s and they fit much better. They have a bunch of different tips you can put on them to fit your ear. They can be had for about $60 on Amazon and they sound better than AirPods IMO.

https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/usa/en/products/headphones/melomania-1

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I have Raycons, and I've never had them fall out.
How do you like them? I have a few YouTube channels I follow, and while their sponsors seem to rotate, it seem like they're sponsored by Raycon a lot. Have always been curious about them and their sound quality.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How do you like them? I have a few YouTube channels I follow, and while their sponsors seem to rotate, it seem like they're sponsored by Raycon a lot. Have always been curious about them and their sound quality.
I've only had very inexpensive ones before these, which were the "Everyday" earbuds, for about $80, so I don't have much to compare them to, but I like them a lot. I had a pair of Sony earbuds that were okay, but started doing this weird thing where I could only get one bud at a time to work. Then I got Skull Candy, which just suck. The Raycons have nice features, such as being able to change the sound from Bass to Balanced to Pure Sound. There's also an "Awareness Mode", where it doesn't block out the sounds around you as much. They're waterproof and have a battery life of I think 32 hours. I recharge them after every 2 visits to the gym, even though they still have more than a 3/4 charge left.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I've only had very inexpensive ones before these, which were the "Everyday" earbuds, for about $80, so I don't have much to compare them to, but I like them a lot. I had a pair of Sony earbuds that were okay, but started doing this weird thing where I could only get one bud at a time to work. Then I got Skull Candy, which just suck. The Raycons have nice features, such as being able to change the sound from Bass to Balanced to Pure Sound. There's also an "Awareness Mode", where it doesn't block out the sounds around you as much. They're waterproof and have a battery life of I think 32 hours. I recharge them after every 2 visits to the gym, even though they still have more than a 3/4 charge left.
Noted! Thanks!

I remember when Skullcandy first came out, they had some good stuff. The last earbuds I ever had from them though were indeed just OK (to be fair they were like $20). They just had a muffled sound. I do still have an over-ear pair that takes a AA battery, and those things have BASS!! Very impressive bass, but, again they could use some tuning in the actual sound department.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I’ll take my chances. I like my AirPods…of course they are not in my ears all day either…