AJM, I was wrong...

AJM1613

Reaction score
RW31 said:
The eagles are better than the seahawks...

Yeah at the beginning of the game I agreed with you, they looked good.

5 interceptions by their starting CBs? We have one INT on the season by our nickle linebacker on the last play of the Minnesota game.

Their defensive line looked really good today, except for Wistrom who was whiped (OMG I would love to sign Pace or Jones after this season even though Jones is a tad bit overrated).

Hopefully they can pull together and beat New England...

BTW: When I clicked on this thread I thought you were talking about another team I thought was better than a certain team that happened to beat that certain team by 16 points today... ;)

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Yeah at the beginning of the game I agreed with you, they looked good.

5 interceptions by their starting CBs? We have one INT on the season by our nickle linebacker on the last play of the Minnesota game.

Their defensive line looked really good today, except for Wistrom who was whiped (OMG I would love to sign Pace or Jones after this season even though Jones is a tad bit overrated).

Hopefully they can pull together and beat New England...

BTW: When I clicked on this thread I thought you were talking about another team I thought was better than a certain team that happened to beat that certain team by 16 points today... ;)
Look at the other thread...

Reaction score
If/when we play Skittle C'Hawks, it will be in the post season. I watched the game too -- Skittle clicked offensively and defensively. But I've always realized that the Eagles appear to be a better team. Although, Alexander is a beast, and Skittle's corners were all over the place. Their zone was also extremely tight.

There's a formula now available to beat them -- and if I can see it, I'm sure the Eagles defensive coach (Jim Johnson) knows exactly how to exploit them.

I'm looking forward to meeting Skittle in the post-season. :cool:

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
If/when we play Skittle C'Hawks, it will be in the post season. I watched the game too -- Skittle clicked offensively and defensively. But I've always realized that the Eagles appear to be a better team. Although, Alexander is a beast, and Skittle's corners were all over the place. Their zone was also extremely tight.

There's a formula now available to beat them -- and if I can see it, I'm sure the Eagles defensive coach (Jim Johnson) knows exactly how to exploit them.

I'm looking forward to meeting Skittle in the post-season. :cool:
Formula? What is it, have the best passing talent in the game and make an improbable comeback?

Reaction score
RW31 said:
Formula? What is it, have the best passing talent in the game and make an improbable comeback?

From the eyes of a Head Coach, I would think that the simple formula is ... score points, shut down their offense, and keep their defense on the field as long as possible. Keep their team out of a rhythm to prevent them from getting momentum. Minimize your penalties, and stay in your game plan.

I realize that unless you play the "perfect game" you will not be able to accomplish all Of those items above. Coupled with the fact that certain things are already understood. For example ...

You have an offensive line able to put points on the board from the "red-zone."

You have an offensive line capable of protecting your QB; giving Him time for a Play to develop. You have a Qb that can scramble and deliver the Long ball.

Your team has something to prove; their hungry for one win at a time!

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
score points, shut down their offense, and keep their defense on the field as long as possible. Keep their team out of a rhythm to prevent them from getting momentum. Minimize your penalties, and stay in your game plan.
Sorry to break this two your, but that is the basic formula for every game. A formula is, how do you shut down their offense? How do you control the ball, how do you score points?

Reaction score
RW31 said:
Sorry to break this two your, but that is the basic formula for every game. A formula is, how do you shut down their offense? How do you control the ball, how do you score points?

No denying; you're right about that being a basic formula for every game. But those components aren't always executed in every game. Besides, every team has their own "scheme," "roadmap," "methodology," "tricks," or "formula" to shut down an opponents offense and control the ball. Sometimes it's Not even a matter of shutting down an offense; for example, a "shoot-out," when both teams are placing huge points on the board, their may be little emphasis placed of defense, and major focus on scoring more than your opponent.

One more reason why one "formula" is not conducive to all teams is because of confounding variables. E.g., injuries, turnovers, personal factors (such as paternity, steroids, drugs, legal woes, etc)., coaching, player talent levels, etc.

The best team one week, many not able to beat the same team next week; or coming weeks -- in some stances! That's why I don't get too much angst about team performance; as long as they keep pulling off ...the "win!" :cool:

Maybbe it's time for that team in question, to go back to basics. :rolleyes:

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
No denying; you're right about that being a basic formula for every game. But those components aren't always executed in every game. Besides, every team has their own "scheme," "roadmap," "methodology," "tricks," or "formula" to shut down an opponents offense and control the ball. Sometimes it's Not even a matter of shutting down an offense; for example, a "shoot-out," when both teams are placing huge points on the board, their may be little emphasis placed of defense, and major focus on scoring more than your opponent.

. :rolleyes:
Sigh...stay on topic....Are you serious with the score more than your opponent line?

Reaction score
RW31 said:
Sigh...stay on topic....Are you serious with the score more than your opponent line?

No, no; I wasn't being facious. In a shoot out; both teams area scoring with the objective of being the last to score. Are you messing with me? Because I'm sure you already know that. And I thoiught this was cease fire of soughts. :cool:

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
No, no; I wasn't being facious. In a shoot out; both teams area scoring with the objective of being the last to score. Are you messing with me? Because I'm sure you already know that. And I thoiught this was cease fire of soughts. :cool:
The last two paragraphs seemed like you were just pondering thoughs. You have no idea how annoying that gets. I see what you mean in the shootout scense, although it doesn't make sense against the seahawks who have a great defense.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:

Sorry...but it had to be done.

TODMlove.jpg

:p

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Now that's funny! :D I'll get you back for that One Mod-Squad! :rolleyes:

I just wonder if some of these new NFL photographers have some twisted gay agenda....the Williams/Ditka picture with the wedding theme and know this TO/McNabb one, which really does like kind of gay, more TO then McNabb.

Reaction score
I just wonder if some of these new NFL photographers have some twisted gay agenda....the Williams/Ditka picture with the wedding theme and know this TO/McNabb one, which really does like kind of gay, more TO then McNabb.

Sure ... :rolleyes:

It's been great everyone; have a good season ...

DALLAS-QUEERS.jpg

BrownSugar

One Classy Lady
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Sorry...but it had to be done.

TODMlove.jpg

:p
ROFlmao!!!! That's a good one Brain, if I didn't have my cousin in my sig line I would definitely borrow that one from you!!