Ajm

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Your team might be better. Infact, we both know it. But let me tell you one thing. LJ smith is unworthy of holding Witten's jockstrap!

Reaction score
RW31 said:
Your team might be better. Infact, we both know it. But let me tell you one thing. LJ smith is unworthy of holding Witten's jockstrap!

RW31,

Your "CHAT" post made me curious. So, out of curiosity, I looked at your age in the profile. If your birthdate is accurate, you are a very bright young boy.

I would like to formally apologize to you for being mean or for attacking you in any way. I think yo are doing a great job of holding your popint, attacking opponent team fans, and overall posting.

As a true Eagles fan, I'm sort of impressed with you. But I'll still have to grab you by the scruff of your collar once in a while. ;)

AJM1613

Reaction score
RW31 said:

Agreed.

He looks real good...LJ has been disappointing since he had that rotator cuff injury three weeks ago.

Reaction score
I don't know if I would say he's unworthy of holding Witten's jock or not. Smith has looked like a great young TE when he's in there. It's a shame he's hurt. I would take Witten over him at this point, but I think they are both going to be players.

Reaction score
Smith and Witten are both professional NFL players -- forget-a-bout the jock strap crap! Meet the Freak!

90138617368.jpg

Reaction score
Hey, Greg Ellis has more sacks than your boy Jevon. Don't get me wrong, I'd take Kearse 8 days a week over Ellis, but it's funny that Kearse isn't dominating on a defense with a much better D-Line and that is blitzing to help him. Some of that could be other guys hogging up the sacks too though, cuz I know the Eagles have racked up quite a handful of them so far as a team.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Joshmvii said:
Hey, Greg Ellis has more sacks than your boy Jevon. Don't get me wrong, I'd take Kearse 8 days a week over Ellis, but it's funny that Kearse isn't dominating on a defense with a much better D-Line and that is blitzing to help him. Some of that could be other guys hogging up the sacks too though, cuz I know the Eagles have racked up quite a handful of them so far as a team.

If you watched the games you would realize the effect (effect or affect?). He is dominating, not just racking up the blitz sacks Douglas had when he was here the first time around.

He was the "Horse Trailor Player of the Game" against the Vikings, with no sacks. He has 6 on the season...still top 5 I believe, I think he's tied with Ellis.

We have the most sacks in the league, compare that to last season when we could never apply any pressure on the oposing QBs, and really he is the only addition. The loss of Taylor/Vincent would hurt it...theoretically (Brown/Sheppard do have 3 sacks).

Reaction score
Oh don't get me wrong, I understand the kind of impact he was having. I remember watching him against Minnesota and thinking I can't believe the right tackle he is up against is an NFL player. He gets around his man every single play. If he didn't have an injury history like he does, I would have loved to see the Cowboys put out the money for him. He's worth every penny healthy.

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
He is dominating, not just racking up the blitz sacks Douglas had when he was here the first time around. He was the "Horse Trailor Player of the Game" against the Vikings, with no sacks. He has 6 on the season...still top 5 I believe, I think he's tied with Ellis.

We have the most sacks in the league, compare that to last season when we could never apply any pressure on the oposing QBs, and really he is the only addition. The loss of Taylor/Vincent would hurt it...theoretically (Brown/Sheppard do have 3 sacks).

We are really going to Need the Freak during the "tin men" game. Their run game is looking good; but it can be shut down. We need to close the gaps, get some sacks, and keep their offense off balance -- our offense will do the rest.

What do you think?

arm-logo.gif

Reaction score
I think that's a pretty good assessment. Stopping Duce won't be enough though. You will have to be in Roethlisberger's face all day or he will make you pay. Plaxico Burress suddenly found his ability this year, and at 6'4, or 6'5 or whatever he is, you're not going to beat him on too many deep balls.