Akers out, Cortez in

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
WIP in Philadelphia is reporting that David Akers is out for this weeks game in Denver and Jose Cortez will handle the place kicking duties. :lmao:

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
:laugh2:

That's all I can do.

Seriously, if Cortez costs them a game, Eagles fans may torch Reid's house.

Rich..............

btcutter

Reaction score
I bet you Cortez will nail some 50 yarder and be perfect when Phili plays us...like all other kickers.

CoCo

Reaction score
I know we were all frustrated with Cortez but I wouldn't just assume that frustration will all subside because we have someone different. It felt good to cut Cortez loose but there is no evidence at this point to suggest we've upgraded our kicking game.

Hoov

Reaction score
should be a close one in denver, could come down to a FG

Hiero

Reaction score
man that would be so awesome if cortez blew it for them like he was blowing it for us.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
If Cortez is kicking he will blow it, he's money on that, maybe he'll take on TO and make the highlight reel...

JPM

Reaction score
btcutter said:
I bet you Cortez will nail some 50 yarder and be perfect when Phili plays us...like all other kickers.

No bet, he'll nail it.

Bryan8284

Reaction score
Going to Philly in 3 weeks, Cortez is going to hit a 60 yard game winner against the wind, in snow, sleet, and hail with a tornado warning in effect.

I mean, what else would happen.

jsond

Reaction score
Hiero said:
man that would be so awesome if cortez blew it for them like he was blowing it for us.

or he may "get up" for a game against the visible, popular cowboys like all other teams kickers do and win a game winning fg vs us. I think Cortez is a joke. but considering how every other teams kickers' get up vs the cowboys and cant miss anything I can envision him doing the same and hitting a few against us that we know he never could do while he was with us.

joseephuss

Reaction score
coco2 said:
I know we were all frustrated with Cortez but I wouldn't just assume that frustration will all subside because we have someone different. It felt good to cut Cortez loose but there is no evidence at this point to suggest we've upgraded our kicking game.

The kicking game may not be improved. It could be worse. I just couldn't stand his attitude. Kickers shouldn't be calling out other players in the middle of a game. Especially mediocre kickers.

Zman5

Reaction score
Bryan8284 said:
Going to Philly in 3 weeks, Cortez is going to hit a 60 yard game winner against the wind, in snow, sleet, and hail with a tornado warning in effect.

I mean, what else would happen.

Have LA out there to block his kicks or at least to scare the s*** out of him.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Only bad thing is by the time they play us, Akers will be back. Cortez could have been just the guy to end our opponent's streak of never missing field goals.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
I think we can do alot better than Cortez, but 12 of 16 isn't horrible.
It's just that there is no excuse for missing a 29 yarder - and one of his other misses kept us from going up 16-0 on Washington.

I think the league avg. for FG kickers is 80% and Jose was at 75%. But he was only 50% (3 of 6) from beyond 40 yards.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Bach said:
It's just that there is no excuse for missing a 29 yarder - and one of his other misses kept us from going up 16-0 on Washington.

I think the league avg. for FG kickers is 80% and Jose was at 75%. But he was only 50% (3 of 6) from beyond 40 yards.

He was at 75% but keep in mind he's never had that percentage for a season before. Career 70% kicker.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Bach said:

Didn't they show a carreer stat of 48% from beyond 40 yds? He may make a few kicks, but he'll miss a couple of gimmes, and even extra points are an adventure. I can honestly say I have never been more uncomfortable with a kicker that wasn't in high school. :bang2:

Smashmouth24

Reaction score
Bach said:

So what is the league average from beyond 40?

Dallas31

Reaction score
Hoov said:
should be a close one in denver, could come down to a FG

that would be great if Cortez missed a FG (especially a short one) to win the game....

especially after France was like 6 for 7 so far.....

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
he has 0% chance of missing a game winner against denver.

point blank period