Video: Al Bundy vs Rodger Staubach

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jack Tatum was the only NFL player who scared me as a child.
And I HATED Roger Staubach he was so good at scrambling. As a Commanders fan, I wanted to grow up to play just so I could knock him out of the game. And then the Cowboys drafted Tony Dorsett, and I instantly became a Cowboys fan. And the rest, they say, is history.
Wow, a convert from a Commander fan to a Cowboy fan at a peak time in the rivalry.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Being born in 84’ it sucks that I only could see Mr Staubach on old footage
I had the privilege to grow up with Roger Staubach as my football hero of the Dallas Cowboys and watch him win both of the Dallas Cowboys Super Bowls in my home town. That was when being a Dallas Cowboys fan in New Orleans was a sign of intelligence. Now in New Orleans, being a Saints fan instead of an Arlington Jonesboys fan is a sign of intelligence.

Roger the Dodger, Captain America, and Captain Comeback never let us down. The stories we hear about him never let us down.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had the privilege to grow up with Roger Staubach as my football hero of the Dallas Cowboys and watch him win both of the Dallas Cowboys Super Bowls in my home town. That was when being a Dallas Cowboys fan in New Orleans was a sign of intelligence. Now in New Orleans, being a Saints fan instead of an Arlington Jonesboys fan is a sign of intelligence.

Roger the Dodger, Captain America, and Captain Comeback never let us down. The stories we hear about him never let us down.
You weren't an Archi Manning fan? lol

I actually think Archie was a pretty good QB who got stuck on a very bad team.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Having spent ~6 months at NAS Pensacola for my MOS training, man, I hope it was not a hot an humid day.

We had indoor hotel like barracks there, and when I would leave the quarterdeck (aka lobby) of the barracks to go outside, it would be like hitting a brick wall of moisture.

That was a great story though. I wish I knew Rodger was stationed at Pensacola when I was there, I might have enjoyed it more. (probably not, they treated the students there like crap).

Turk

Reaction score
You weren't an Archi Manning fan? lol

I actually think Archie was a pretty good QB who got stuck on a very bad team.
There is no telling how good he could have been. By the time he escaped the Aint's he was all broken down. Yet his last year or so there were flashes of what could have been.