Al Harris Appreciation Thread

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

This brother deserves his flowers. He has turned two different dbs into the best ballhawks in the league.

Trevon Diggs was a WR turned DB in Alabama that recorded 4 INTs in 4 seasons. He gets to the Cowboys and has recorded 18 INTs in less than 4 seasons.

Daron Bland was in the FCS at Sacramento State and recorded 3 INTS in 3 seasons until he transferred to Fresno where he recorded 2 INTs in his sr year. He gets to the Cowboys and leads the league in picks since he entered the league and set the NFL record for pick 6s in a season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's doing some good work with our corners for sure. I'm just waiting for someone to scoop him up or Quinn to take him with him when he gets a head coach job...hopefully he stays..he's working with some solid young corners....

So I'm today years old when I find out he was an Eagle. Yuck.

ShortRound

Reaction score

This brother deserves his flowers. He has turned two different dbs into the best ballhawks in the league.

Trevon Diggs was a WR turned DB in Alabama that recorded 4 INTs in 4 seasons. He gets to the Cowboys and has recorded 18 INTs in less than 4 seasons.

Daron Bland was in the FCS at Sacramento State and recorded 3 INTS in 3 seasons until he transferred to Fresno where he recorded 2 INTs in his sr year. He gets to the Cowboys and leads the league in picks since he entered the league and set the NFL record for pick 6s in a season.

I fear someone’s gonna steal him for a DC spot.

817Gill

Reaction score
I would get him locked up asap, knowing that Quinn is most likely gone after this year. Al should be able to step up to DC if Quinn leaves.
We say this every year lol I feel like we don’t pay attention to these things as a fan base and just spout what ESPN would say. He got a raise and had opportunities to leave twice.

He has said himself he enjoys being a DC for this group of guys. He did the HC thing and it stressed him out. Some guys are coordinators and it’s ok. Vic Fangio for example.

Not to mention the low success rate of defensive head coaches. He’ll get interviews sure, but teams want bright offensive minds that can bring out the best in their QB. Quinn will remain a DC for the rest of his coaching tenure in NFL barring some stylistic change to the game.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

One thing I wonder with Harris is since he is a millionaire, if he actually seeks a promotion or just enjoys coaching. Taking a DC job will involve long hours he might not want to do, and doesnt need to to make a living

One things Jones does well is pay coaches. I could see him paying Harris equal to top DB coaches even though he only coaches CB's

Carter

Reaction score
Will be tough to keep him. DC Offers will fly in after the season. Maybe replacement for Quinn if he leaves.

But would be nice to keep both to have a better chance at a SB