Al Harris Cowboy contract

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It appears there is some confusion regarding assistant coaches' contracts......please read below.
In short......an assistant coach with a current can interview for a head coach and/or coordinator position WITHOUT their current team's approval. It has to be a promotional opportunity. In other words, a coordinator under contract CAN NOT interview for the same position with another team, but he can interview for an HC job.

So, since Quinn has hired Whitt as his DC, he can not contact/hire Al Harris without Jerry's approval.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...aches-to-interview-for-coordinator-positions/

NFL owners approve resolution that allows assistant coaches to interview for coordinator positions​

A big change is coming to the NFL's hiring process​

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
I doubt he stays with a new DC. Why would we saddle a new DC with a coach they may not want?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I think most just assume Jerry won’t keep people here who don’t want to be here, though he has in the past I’m not sure he would now and btw Whitt hasn’t been hired by Washington yet

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Like Jerry won't be dumb enough to do it :facepalm: For me that's no safety net with Jerry around...