Signed by Cowboys Al Harris named DB Coach

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time believing Jim Hasselt won't on this staff........Hell if you believe what we've heard, he spent almost as much time with Mike as his wife last year.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McCarthy said the team is still working through specific roles here, but Maurice Linguist and Al Harris – a former Pro Bowl cornerback under McCarthy in Green Bay – are coming aboard. Harris has been an assistant with the Chiefs, and Linguist has coached defensive backs at the college level for the past 13 seasons, most recently Texas A&M's cornerbacks last year.

McCarthy said the team hasn't finalized the wide receivers coach position yet.

Leon Lett, a Cowboys defensive assistant/defensive tackles coach since 2011, will interview with the defensive staff in the coming days, McCarthy said.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mccarthy-confirms-staff-changes-al-harris-added

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
McCarthy said the team is still working through specific roles here, but Maurice Linguist and Al Harris – a former Pro Bowl cornerback under McCarthy in Green Bay – are coming aboard. Harris has been an assistant with the Chiefs, and Linguist has coached defensive backs at the college level for the past 13 seasons, most recently Texas A&M's cornerbacks last year.

McCarthy said the team hasn't finalized the wide receivers coach position yet.

Leon Lett, a Cowboys defensive assistant/defensive tackles coach since 2011, will interview with the defensive staff in the coming days, McCarthy said.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mccarthy-confirms-staff-changes-al-harris-added
We also might add 3 more secondary coaches next week

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I just want someone that can teach our DBs how to back peddle and turn and run w/ WRs......and then find the football in the air....and make a play.

I know......I'm asking for the world..:popcorn:

Aven8

Reaction score
First day on the job.......,”CATCH the damn BALL!!!!!!”

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Al Harris will join Mike McCarthy's staff as a defensive backs coach. Harris played for McCarthy in Green Bay and was an assistant in Kansas City from 2013-18. He had 21 interceptions in a 14-year career. The Cowboys will also have former Texas A&M cornerbacks coach Maurice Linguist as a defensive backs coach. No decision has been made yet on a receivers coach but Adam Henry, who was with Cleveland last year, is among the candidates.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Didn't he intercept Tim Hasselback in the infamous, "We want the ball and we're going to score" debacle?

Oneiros

Reaction score
We're setting the bar really high
Trust me, I'd prefer to see that number increase significantly.

Although Harris wasn't a ballhawk by any stretch he did seem to play big in the big moments. And it's sad when an average of just over 1 a year is an improvement over what we have.

Hopefully that changes this upcoming year.