Al S (Singleton) "HAS EXPERIENCE" !!!

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
And seems to be the only LB Parcells isn't worried about at OLB (Per BP Press Confrence)

discuss..

aikemirv

Reaction score
That is just a prod to Burnett - Singleton is gone - can't you see BP's hidden comment there! :rolleyes:

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
The only thing about Singleton is he does make some $$$ for a backup.. I think the boys need Al as a starter or a backup.. Just too much experience to get rid of IMO

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Burnett will be starting. He (Als) has experience creating no plays.

BP also said as many as 4 rookies could be starting.....

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Nors said:
Burnett will be starting. He has experience creating no plays.

BP also said as many as 4 rookies could be starting.....
How do you explain the competition at center being even?.....per Bill Parcells latest press conference.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Al stays this year and is gone next IMO.

You do not cut a guy that you consider solid, even if he is not dynamic, when you are talking about depth.

morasp

Reaction score
At the Arizona game I thought he looked good. Which was different than my impression from watching televised games. Mainly he was in position and a sure tackler.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
This is Al's last year on his contract, correct?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Theoretically, I'd prefer to see AL win the starting gig because Gurode has value as a backup at both guards and center. If Gurode wins the starting position, then Al better learn to play guard, and quick....I'm not sure you can afford to have a backup center who can't do anything but play center...that's a tough one.

My guess is the competition is still in full swing...the minute Gurode wins the starting gig, if he does, AL will have to start taking some reps at OG, imo.

doomsday_II

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

You do not cut a guy that you consider solid, even if he is not dynamic, when you are talking about depth.
:hammer:

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Avery said:
This is Al's last year on his contract, correct?

No, he is signed through 2006. I agree with BrainPaint. Al stays this year and is gone next.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

I think they will renegotiate his last year and keep him

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
Theoretically, I'd prefer to see AL win the starting gig because Gurode has value as a backup at both guards and center. If Gurode wins the starting position, then Al better learn to play guard, and quick....I'm not sure you can afford to have a backup center who can't do anything but play center...that's a tough one.

My guess is the competition is still in full swing...the minute Gurode wins the starting gig, if he does, AL will have to start taking some reps at OG, imo.

not Al johnson silly! Al Singleton!! haha

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

I agree with this completely. Right now at OLB we have Al, a rookie transitioning from DE, another rookie, a 2nd year guy who is in his 2nd year working at LB after playing DE, and a vet DE trying to make the move to OLB.

We need AL's experience for at least one year until these younger players have a better feel for the game. Whatever anyone's opinion may be of Singleton, he's the only truly experienced player we currently have on the outside.

He may not be starting at the end of the year, but that doesn't mean it's not worth it to have him around.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

I think you are right on the money. When it happens someone we all know will claim he told us this. Completely forgetting (conveniently) that he made the prediction of a TC cut because of salary.

That is how you twist stuff to fit.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I think you are right on the money. When it happens someone we all know will claim he told us this. Completely forgetting (conveniently) that he made the rpediction of a TC cut because of salary.

I think he is already starting the spin to Burnett starting. Then when Burnett starts, which obviously should happen at some point, he can crow about that.

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I think you are right on the money. When it happens someone we all know will claim he told us this. Completely forgetting (conveniently) that he made the rpediction of a TC cut because of salary.

Particularly when you're seemingly obsessed with being right or proving a point. The sad thing is, there are so many more important things in life than being right, let alone going out of the way to prove that you are.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
junk said:
I think he is already starting the spin to Burnett starting. Then when Burnett starts, which obviously should happen at some point, he can crow about that.
Every single person in this forum knows Burnett will start at some point. It isn't a revelation, but we all "should have listened."

:spanking:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DLK150 said:
Particularly when you're seemingly obsessed with being right or proving a point. The sad thing is, there are so many more important things in life than being right, let alone going out of the way to prove that you are.
:hammer: