Al Woods anyone? DT

Mr_437

Reaction score
Al Woods, yessir. 1 yr. deal and some much needed protection for the MLB. Better than Big Hank imho, and we saw the impact #95 made last season.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
He played better than Gallimore and Bohannan last year. Release one of those two, or both, and sign Woods.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Band-aid. Draft a DT.

The DTs we've drafted haven't been great. Gallimore was a third or fourth I believe. For whatever reason this FO never seems to find value in the first couple rounds.

Consequently I hope we sign someone and DRAFT.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Band-aid. Draft a DT.

They do draft them, just that when they do it's the rounds where the DT's have a low floor and an unknown ceiling
Yep. In the last few years we have drafted quite a few. A 2nd, a couple of 3rds, and a couple of late day selections. The only one that has turned out is Osa.
I am not sure if it's the one position where Will McClay struggles, or if it was Rod's influence, but we strike out alot at DT.

jnday

Reaction score
They do draft them, just that when they do it's the rounds where the DT's have a low floor and an unknown ceiling
Those late round DL picks are not working out too good for them. I want to see them draft a DT that is as close to being a sure thing as it gets.

Sydla

Reaction score
Band-aid. Draft a DT.
You have to do both.

Thinking the draft solves DT is typical Cowboys front office BS. One, where they pick there aren't a lot of sure fire solution type DTs. Kancey in the first? He's a 3T and likely needs some development? Bresee? Another project who had an up and down career at Clemson. Ika? He's not a first round guy and might not make it to your pick in the 2nd.

And whose to say when you pick, the DT you want is still going to be on the board?

It would be typical Cowboys stupidity to just assume the draft will solve all their needs.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yep. In the last few years we have drafted quite a few. A 2nd, a couple of 3rds, and a couple of late day selections. The only one that has turned out is Osa.
I am not sure if it's the one position where Will McClay struggles, or if it was Rod's influence, but we strike out alot at DT.
The only real high value pick we used was Hill. And he was overdrafted because he was a pet cat of Marinelli.

This franchise refuses to put real assets into the DT position. They clearly view positions like WR, CB and egads, RB as more important.

phildadon86

Reaction score
The only real high value pick we used was Hill. And he was overdrafted because he was a pet cat of Marinelli.

This franchise refuses to put real assets into the DT position. They clearly view positions like WR, CB and egads, RB as more important.
They do sell more jerseys!

kskboys

Reaction score
Those late round DL picks are not working out too good for them. I want to see them draft a DT that is as close to being a sure thing as it gets.
And for all that's holy get a DT who can anchor. We love to draft tall dudes who get washed out due to anchoring issues. STOP.

kskboys

Reaction score

They have the fan base already screaming for TEs and WRs in the 1st.