Alaska Inside Passage

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Was looking at cruises from Seattle to Alaska inside passage and back to Seattle. Has anyone done this before? Can lots of stars be seen from the balcony at night when out at sea, is it usually cloudy with little visibility? Inside passage too far south still to see Northern lights? Was looking at a late September 2020 trip.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Was looking at cruises from Seattle to Alaska inside passage and back to Seattle. Has anyone done this before? Can lots of stars be seen from the balcony at night when out at sea, is it usually cloudy with little visibility? Inside passage too far south still to see Northern lights? Was looking at a late September 2020 trip.

I’d imagine you’d have some of the best star gazing opportunities you could imagine.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Most of the videos i been looking at of people who did this cruise it seems to be very cloudy and foggy. I'm most likely going regardless of how cloudy or rainy it will be. The sights do look amazing.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Best cruise I’ve ever taken
Yes, star-gazing was epic when out on the open water.
Lots of great excursions seeing whales, glaciers, various towns, etc.
Highly recommend it.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Damn shame they are going to destroy a world class salmon site, Alaska is such a wonderful world resource.

jsb357

Reaction score
Did this one a few years back late in the season.

Too cloudy for any sky viewing but that would obviously be hit and miss. Balcony well worth it on the forge section. Only saw whales from a great distance. Skagway railroad was worth the extra cost.