Aldon Smith now a 287 lbs Monster Who 'Bonded With Military Vets'

FaSho

Reaction score
I know he is 30 but we shouldnt forget that he didnt play for almost 5 years which means his body in terms of wear and tear of NFL Pounding is only 25.

If he and Gregory get reinstated and have turned around we should have one of the best D-Lines i the NFL

You are exactly right about the wear and tear. I remember Priest Holmes being super effective well into his 30's because he had little wear and tear before that.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's hope he's more like

James-P-Sullivan-82620.gif

And not like

tumblr_mopl87BBeQ1qloazbo1_500.gif

J-man

Reaction score
I hope the guy has turned himself around for good. Same goes for Gregory. I'll be surprised if they're reinstated.
I do not expect either one of them to be a difference maker on the field for us this year. Hope I'm wrong.

IMHO, we're going to battle with D-Law and Armstrong as the starting DE's. Crawford and Anae as their primary back ups with Jackson and Jelks as the 3rd string.

Sydla

Reaction score
I know he is 30 but we shouldnt forget that he didnt play for almost 5 years which means his body in terms of wear and tear of NFL Pounding is only 25.

If he and Gregory get reinstated and have turned around we should have one of the best D-Lines i the NFL

Well in those 5 years, he didn't sit in a cryogenic chamber and not age. He's 5 years older and hasn't played football. So whatever gain people think he may have from not playing for years is probably offset from the fact he's still going to be 31 and basically is starting a football career from scratch after not playing for a long time. How many guys do you know that have done that or could do that?

That's not to say we shouldn't give him a shot but I think people (and this front office) are banking on him making the 53 and making an impact and I think it's kind of foolish to bank on that result at this time.

RamziD

Reaction score
Glazer seems to have some motive to pump Aldon Smith up because all he’s been doing is talking about the guy like he’s superhuman.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Not trying to piss on your cornflakes but tap the brakes! Smith begin to decline the last two years he was in the league. No player has ever resurrected their NFL career after being booted from the league for almost 5 years. A player can’t stay away from the game that long battling off the field issues and get back to the level they were as a young player. This isn’t Roger Staubach and Chad Hennings who started their NFL careers in their mid/late20s. Smith has only been sober for nine months and some are acting like his problems are far behind him and he still has another 19 sack season left in him. lol As for Gregory he’s pretty much ruined what could have been a great NFL career with multiple suspensions that’s eaten away 5 years of his career.

The Cowboys haven’t even laid eyes on him in over a year. His football development has been severely stunted by repeated suspensions. He’s already proven that football isn’t very important to him. You’re not going to build a great DL with a couple of players who’ve had dependency problems for years and haven’t played football in a long time. If you want to live in a fantasy world thinking both of these players can reach the pinnacle of football excellence, giving the Cowboys the best DL in the league after spending the last 5 years battling suspensions and rehabbing drug/alcohol problems dream on!

johneric8

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...7-pound-monster-bonded-with-military-vets-nfl

This sounds very Positive. I hope he gets a chance to prove that he changed.

If he really is that fit and gets the Football Part of the Game back he could be a huge improvement for our D.

""We had him on these resistance cords connected to the wall on a machine called the Raptor. I’ve had a ton of guys on it — big huge guys, monsters. Smith ripped it off the wall ... No one has ever done that. He is an absolute freak of nature. I don’t know who to compare him to because he’s 287 with a V. It’s ridiculous.''" - Jay Glazer
I posted the same thing a couple weeks ago! Got a lot of likes to :) good reporting the hoss!
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...7-pound-monster-bonded-with-military-vets-nfl

If he really is that fit and gets the Football Part of the Game back he could be a huge improvement for our D.

""We had him on these resistance cords connected to the wall on a machine called the Raptor. I’ve had a ton of guys on it — big huge guys, monsters. Smith ripped it off the wall ... No one has ever done that. He is an absolute freak of nature. I don’t know who to compare him to because he’s 287 with a V. It’s ridiculous.''" - Jay Glazer

nice reporting Hoss, but I made this post couple weeks ago, got a lot of likes to :)
Not trying to piss on your cornflakes but tap the brakes! Smith begin to decline the last two years he was in the league. No player has ever resurrected their NFL career after being booted from the league for almost 5 years. A player can’t stay away from the game that long battling off the field issues and get back to the level they were as a young player. This isn’t Roger Staubach and Chad Hennings who started their NFL careers in their mid/late20s. Smith has only been sober for nine months and some are acting like his problems are far behind him and he still has another 19 sack season left in him. lol As for Gregory he’s pretty much ruined what could have been a great NFL career with multiple suspensions that’s eaten away five years of his career.

The Cowboys haven’t even laid eyes on him in over a year. His football development has been severely stunted by repeated suspensions. He’s already proven that football isn’t very important to him. You’re not going to build a great DL with a couple of players who’ve had dependency problems for years and haven’t played football in a long time. If you want to live in a fantasy world thinking both of these players can reach the pinnacle of football excellence, giving the Cowboys the best DL in the league after spending the last 5 years battling suspensions and rehabbing drug/alcohol problems dream on!

Hey bro, nice reporting.. I posted this a few weeks ago already so most have seen it..

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/jay-glazer-reveals-some-exciting-details-about-aldon-smith.455604/

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Glazer seems to have some motive to pump Aldon Smith up because all he’s been doing is talking about the guy like he’s superhuman.

Jay Glazer sounds like an idiot. He’s a tough guy wanna be with that shaved head and goatee. I heard he tried to start a fight with Peyton Manning. I also heard he did MMA with Richie Incognito. He’s nothing but a fast talking loudmouth.

Last edited:

btcutter

Reaction score
Meh, as with Gregory, wait and see if they get a legitimate chance and then evaluate them. Not massively hopeful for either of them. Anae on the other hand is a prospect I am excited about.

Yeah, I am tired of listening to coaches who touts great traits coming out of college but little production over past few years (looking at you Armstrong, Russell and Tapper of recent drafts). Time to see if some of these kids who actually produced can do.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
For all it's worth, the Cowboys signed a few decent free agents, had a terriffic draft, and still are depending on 2 former criminals to help with the left side of the defense. Add to that how poorly Lawrence played last year (just 5 sacks) but forgive me for being a bit pessimistic.

Big_D

Reaction score
I'm actually excited to see what Smith can do. He was an absolute stud. If they brought in Shante Carver after a 4 year layoff, it'd be a different story. They brought in a productive player on a low risk deal motivated to do well.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
The only possible downside would also mean good news for the 2020 season. If he's everything the Cowboys had hoped for, they probably won't be able to re-sign him.

Why not?

We have plenty of cap space and no big FA names next Spring. Sure, a lot of our secondary will be up, but I think we are planning on letting the CBs go and safeties run cheap.
If Gregory and Smith are good to go, at least one of them comes back in 2021.

Flamma

Reaction score
Why not?

We have plenty of cap space and no big FA names next Spring. Sure, a lot of our secondary will be up, but I think we are planning on letting the CBs go and safeties run cheap.
If Gregory and Smith are good to go, at least one of them comes back in 2021.

I'm just trying to find something to whine about. No seriously. Can the Cowboys afford to have another high paid DE? I hope you're right and maybe he won't demand as much as Tank. Either way, this would be a good problem to have.

I don't see Gregory getting a huge deal in the near future.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I'm just trying to find something to whine about. No seriously. Can the Cowboys afford to have another high paid DE? I hope you're right and maybe he won't demand as much as Tank. Either way, this would be a good problem to have.

I don't see Gregory getting a huge deal in the near future.

Gotcha, unless they completely explode in 2020, I don't see either getting a big deal right away.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I’m rooting for him. Not just with the cowboys but in general. Sometimes you take wrong routes in life and if you have the chance to right them, make the best of your opportunity.

Cmac

Reaction score
When I see him on the field....I might get excited. For now, he and Gregory are just hope.....to get eligible, and to stay eligible.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

At first, I didn't want him back. But, it's obvious he has put the bear back in the cage. He deserves a chance. More power to you big guy.