Alec Baldwin trial update

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtb1943

Reaction score
since reenactments were brought up to try and deflect I will destroy that argument now
All the ones I ever attended did this:
every person was inspected to make sure they only had blank ammunition. For civil war that mean every paper cartridge only had powder.
For other more modern periods they were checked to make sure they had blanks and not the wooden tips
Their weapon was inspected to make sure it was unloaded as well.
By the method of putting a measured ram rod down each muzzle loading barrel to make sure no ball was in it

and further there were always distance limits to what you could fire direct at anyone. No close up shooting at a person
using muzzle loaders there were safety people watching to make sure no one fired with the ram rod still down the barrel

only criminal negligence can result in anything fatal happening there.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
no its just a case where SOMEONE DIED due to negligence
If no one does time for that then what is the point?
And once again you are making excuses for people who are negligent. I can see you really no little about how actual thinking intelligent people deal with fire arms
only the stupid and careless
Some might say it seems pretty stupid and careless to allow a 9 year old to handle a loaded gun.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
People are forgetting he was not just an actor goofing off on set ....... he was the producer aka the Boss.

Its his job to make a safe working environment for his employees ....... and he killed one of them.

Creeper

Reaction score
since reenactments were brought up to try and deflect I will destroy that argument now
All the ones I ever attended did this:
every person was inspected to make sure they only had blank ammunition. For civil war that mean every paper cartridge only had powder.
For other more modern periods they were checked to make sure they had blanks and not the wooden tips
Their weapon was inspected to make sure it was unloaded as well.
By the method of putting a measured ram rod down each muzzle loading barrel to make sure no ball was in it

and further there were always distance limits to what you could fire direct at anyone. No close up shooting at a person
using muzzle loaders there were safety people watching to make sure no one fired with the ram rod still down the barrel

only criminal negligence can result in anything fatal happening there.
I am not sure what argument you are trying to destroy. All the steps you mention for re-enactments, are the same ore similar to the precautions that are supposed to take place on a movie set. As you say, every actor in a re-enactment is supposed to be inspected. On the movie set Alec Baldwin's gun was supposed to be inspected too. So what happens if an actor in a re-enactment has his weapon inspected? Does he assume that he can safely point his weapon at the person re-enacting the other side and fire it? The answer is Yes. He can and he does in every re-enactment. There are dozens of movies and TV shows filmed all the time where prop guns are used, and fired while aiming at other actors. These accidents are rare. But they do happen.

And again, this is really tangential to the question I asked, and it is a question, not a statement. The question is, did Alec Baldwin have a reasonable expectation that his gun was safe? And if so, then is he guilty of criminal negligence? does every actor on every set check his weapon for live ammo or do actors normally rely on experts higher for the production to take care of these details?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
And again, this is really tangential to the question I asked, and it is a question, not a statement. The question is, did Alec Baldwin have a reasonable expectation that his gun was safe? And if so, then is he guilty of criminal negligence? does every actor on every set check his weapon for live ammo or do actors normally rely on experts higher for the production to take care of these details?
Tricky case.
The first rule of safe gun handling is treat every gun as if it were loaded. Always. Every time. Obviously, being on a movie set there is the necessity to violate this rule which is why they hire certified armorers to make sure things are done safely.

It's my understanding and correct me if I'm wrong, that they were setting up the scene and Baldwin was just rehearsing and there was no need for him to be waving the gun around and pulling the trigger. I believe the gun was also handed to him by someone other than the armorer.

So, even though he was on a movie set where normally there is an expectation that the standard gun safety rules will be violated under the care of some whose job is to make damn sure everything is done safely, Baldwin still acted in an unnecessary manner with a complete disregard for safety. He is also responsible for hiring the armorer who failed and allowing the protocols to deteriorate to the point where this could have happened.

It also would have taken him about ten seconds to do a final check on the condition of the revolver and determine for himself it was safe.

I don't see how he skates without being convicted of some form of manslaughter.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I am not sure what argument you are trying to destroy. All the steps you mention for re-enactments, are the same ore similar to the precautions that are supposed to take place on a movie set. As you say, every actor in a re-enactment is supposed to be inspected. On the movie set Alec Baldwin's gun was supposed to be inspected too. So what happens if an actor in a re-enactment has his weapon inspected? Does he assume that he can safely point his weapon at the person re-enacting the other side and fire it? The answer is Yes. He can and he does in every re-enactment. There are dozens of movies and TV shows filmed all the time where prop guns are used, and fired while aiming at other actors. These accidents are rare. But they do happen.

still you claim that he is not responsible despite the fact the gun was in his hand
it was his RESPONSIBILITY to personally check it
BY the way you ignore the fact that he had taken a handgun safety course on another movie before which the prosecution has mentioned
your desperate attempt to find an excuse because he is an actor is pathetic

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
still you claim that he is not responsible despite the fact the gun was in his hand
it was his RESPONSIBILITY to personally check it
BY the way you ignore the fact that he had taken a handgun safety course on another movie before which the prosecution has mentioned
your desperate attempt to find an excuse because he is an actor is pathetic
Did an actor break your heart? What makes you think anyone's looking for an excuse to pardon him, rather than just trying not to convict him because of their emotions?

This isn't O.J. It certainly doesn't seem like he had intent to murder someone, but most likely he'll be found guilty of negligent homicide or manslaughter. He won't get off Scott free, just to keep the country from rioting.

rags747

Reaction score
Did an actor break your heart? What makes you think anyone's looking for an excuse to pardon him, rather than just trying not to convict him because of their emotions?

This isn't O.J. It certainly doesn't seem like he had intent to murder someone, but most likely he'll be found guilty of negligent homicide or manslaughter. He won't get off Scott free, just to keep the country from rioting.
Country ain’t about to riot over a pretty white girl that was manslautered, I know not a word.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
At worse it is Negligent Manslaughter.

At best it is accidental "on site" death.

And there is a lot in between that it could be.

gtb1943

Reaction score

when a person dies due to negligence SOMEONE should go to jail
I am ticked off at those trying to excuse an actor for what would get anyone else put in jail
but then again he is one of the elites and there is clearly a two tier legal system

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am ticked off at those trying to excuse an actor for what would get anyone else put in jail
but then again he is one of the elites and there is clearly a two tier legal system
There you go again. Who's trying to excuse him? I personally don't know exactly what happened, and who was involved in what way, creating the particular sequence of events that led to this death. It almost certainly wasn't murder, so I'll let the courts decide what he's guilty of, and yes, he definitely holds a share of the blame. I just don't know how much, and I think that's what everyone else who isn't trying to hang him is thinking.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Loool, unhinged.

gtb1943

Reaction score
There you go again. Who's trying to excuse him? I personally don't know exactly what happened, and who was involved in what way, creating the particular sequence of events that led to this death. It almost certainly wasn't murder, so I'll let the courts decide what he's guilty of, and yes, he definitely holds a share of the blame. I just don't know how much, and I think that's what everyone else who isn't trying to hang him is thinking.
Look at his life and you will realize why so many want him to do time. He is a POS. Take a good look at this case and then try and tell me he is innocent of everything
and look at post after post saying because he is an actor he gets a bye on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.