News: Alex Albright says Ryan taught recognition, Kiffin teaches fast play

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
-- Carlos Mendez

Linebacker Alex Albright is sidelined by a back injury, but when he returns, he is eager to apply what he learned in Rob Ryan’s defensive scheme to Monte Kiffin’s defensive scheme.

“Rob was more about strengthening your mind, and now we’re more about strengthening just your football skills,” Albright said. “And I think it’s good. Guys who got to go through both systems, it made them more complete players.”

“Rob was about identifying everything so you could play fast,” Albright said. “Going through Rob’s stuff makes you just pick up on stuff so much quicker now and store it in the memory bank quicker. Kiff just wants you to go out and play, and you can do that because you’re used to learning a thousand things and now you’ve only got to learn however many things, and you can just go play. That’s what Kiff preaches – just go play, and go play fast.”

Read more here:
http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...st-play-and-it-makes-for-more-complete-p.html

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Albright sounds like a good kid, a good soldier, .. staying loyal to both old and new regime.

I like that.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Albright sounds like a good kid, a good soldier, .. staying loyal to both old and new regime.

I like that.

Hopefully, he gets back on the field soon. There is a lot of competition at the LB position.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Its always nice to hear a player give credit to his former coach as well as his new coach.