Alex Smith as Drew Bledsoe reboot

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Mods, feel free to move if needed.

I know that this is yet another QB thread, but here's an angle I'm thinking. I would LOVE to keep Dak if we can. However, if he leaves, then we, of course, need a new QB. I personally suspect that he goes to Chicago. But that's for another thread. This thread is talking about an idea I had if we do have to let Dak go. That is what we shall get into now.

So, I saw a thread earlier stating that Alex Smith is expected to be let go from the WFT. My plan would be to essentially sign Alex Smith as sort of a reboot of Drew Bledsoe. If you recall, we had Drew Bledsoe after Vinny Watchthebirdie to help Romo develop until Romo took over. I'd essentially reboot that with Alex Smith with hopefully better decision making with players along the way. This would mean that we could keep 10 for drafting defence, which we desperately need, while also drafting Kyle Trask in round 3 (as we should have 2 3rd round picks). Full disclosure, I wasn't high on Kyle Trask beforehand, but I do think, with development, he can become a solid starter for us. Alex Smith would allow us a year with a veteran QB to develop Trask into what we need him to become for us. Funny enough, Trask kinda reminds me of Romo a bit with the way he throws (but he is taller than Romo).

Here's a video on Trask:

Thoughts?

Bledsoe was not brought here to tutor Romo. He was here to be the starting QB. He was terrible and Parcells pulled the trigger and removed him and put Romo in. Bledsoe was pissed and never talked to the media again.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Bledsoe was not brought here to tutor Romo. He was here to be the starting QB. He was terrible and Parcells pulled the trigger and removed him and put Romo in. Bledsoe was pissed and never talked to the media again.

Oh? I didn't know that.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Mods, feel free to move if needed.

I know that this is yet another QB thread, but here's an angle I'm thinking. I would LOVE to keep Dak if we can. However, if he leaves, then we, of course, need a new QB. I personally suspect that he goes to Chicago. But that's for another thread. This thread is talking about an idea I had if we do have to let Dak go. That is what we shall get into now.

So, I saw a thread earlier stating that Alex Smith is expected to be let go from the WFT. My plan would be to essentially sign Alex Smith as sort of a reboot of Drew Bledsoe. If you recall, we had Drew Bledsoe after Vinny Watchthebirdie to help Romo develop until Romo took over. I'd essentially reboot that with Alex Smith with hopefully better decision making with players along the way. This would mean that we could keep 10 for drafting defence, which we desperately need, while also drafting Kyle Trask in round 3 (as we should have 2 3rd round picks). Full disclosure, I wasn't high on Kyle Trask beforehand, but I do think, with development, he can become a solid starter for us. Alex Smith would allow us a year with a veteran QB to develop Trask into what we need him to become for us. Funny enough, Trask kinda reminds me of Romo a bit with the way he throws (but he is taller than Romo).

Here's a video on Trask:

Thoughts?

Heres a tip Furboy,,,
Dont start off your post with "Mods feel free to move"
Believe me they will if they feel so inclined even when you dont feel you have done anything to break the rules...lol
Most here like me enjoy reading everything you post,, just keep it coming and roll with the punches.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We are fine at TE.. I really like our TE's.

But i'm not passing on a potential stud just because we are fine at TE and need a corner.
Indeed, everybody gets caught up with no,, not a TE but Pitts,, man thats a hard pass but I get it,, but most that pay attention know who Travis Kelce is.
Those that hate on that pick need to take a brief moment and watch a bit of tape on Pitts.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It depends if you're serious about winning. If you're serious about winning then no. If you are serious about tanking? Then no. I don't see any scenario where Fitzpatrick is a good option. If I'm going to contend I need a good quarterback. If I'm going to tank...then I need a young guy in there. Fitzpatrick is where I go if I have dreams of going 7-9.
In a rebuild you do that, its understandable that you still need to present a product, you have to have somebody at QB.
Problem with fan base is vast majority of course always wants to win now, thats the problem.
Smart FO builds the team in today build model and then inserts a real leader at QB,, TB did it, and watch them repeat, if not the Rams are going to be there to.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Heres a tip Furboy,,,
Dont start off your post with "Mods feel free to move"
Believe me they will if they feel so inclined even when you dont feel you have done anything to break the rules...lol
Most here like me enjoy reading everything you post,, just keep it coming and roll with the punches.

Will do, and I'm glad you enjoy my posts. Yeeee!!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In a rebuild you do that, its understandable that you still need to present a product, you have to have somebody at QB.
Problem with fan base is vast majority of course always wants to win now, thats the problem.
Smart FO builds the team in today build model and then inserts a real leader at QB,, TB did it, and watch them repeat, if not the Rams are going to be there to.
Buccaneers never were in rebuild lol. And neither were the Rams. I would never emulate what those two teams did because you can’t do what they did. Rare situations.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Buccaneers never were in rebuild lol. And neither were the Rams. I would never emulate what those two teams did because you can’t do what they did. Rare situations.
Say what you will, but this is a copy cat league, always has been, and we would be fortunate to be in either situations...lol
you wouldnt emulate another Lombardi?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Say what you will, but this is a copy cat league, always has been, and we would be fortunate to be in either situations...lol
you wouldnt emulate another Lombardi?
You can’t emulate what those teams did lol. This is how teams fall into the trap. They try to emulate these Super Bowl winners...it always fails. Always. Buccaneers didn’t follow some blueprint. They built their team from the draft and got lucky Brady wanted to play there. Rams lucked into McVey. Cowboys can’t emulate the Rams or Buccs because for starters they don’t have that level of coaching.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You can’t emulate what those teams did lol. This is how teams fall into the trap. They try to emulate these Super Bowl winners...it always fails. Always. Buccaneers didn’t follow some blueprint. They built their team from the draft and got lucky Brady wanted to play there. Rams lucked into McVey. Cowboys can’t emulate the Rams or Buccs because for starters they don’t have that level of coaching.
But you just said what Im agreeing with you about,, you build it and they will come.
You think the GOAT just stumbled into that situation,,, he chose to go there.
But I digress, and yes agree,, its too bad that we dont have the same level of coaching.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But you just said what Im agreeing with you about,, you build it and they will come.
You think the GOAT just stumbled into that situation,,, he chose to go there.
But I digress, and yes agree,, its too bad that we dont have the same level of coaching.
While true...Brady only became available because he was 45 years old. Do we wait for Mahomes to turn 45 and bring him in lol? I just think every SB winner is different. Hard to emulate.