Alex Spanos RIP

csirl

Reaction score
The Chargers are temporarily based in LA - and Rams will only let them be tenants in the stadium currently under construction. Is there a possibilty the team will be sold and relocated?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Chargers are temporarily based in LA - and Rams will only let them be tenants in the stadium currently under construction. Is there a possibilty the team will be sold and relocated?

I wasn't aware that the Rams were the landlords to the Chargers. The new stadium will be for both teams much like Staples Center for the Lakers and Clippers.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Spanos family are scumbag owners. Maybe an ok guy but still scumbag owners

csirl

Reaction score
Then why don't the Chargers move back to San Diego? Moving to LA for them made no bloody sense to me.

SD wouldnt give them a stadium deal. Their long term options are:

1. Wait for one of the counties between SD and LA to do a stadium deal.

2. Relocate.

There's a German billionaire seeking to buy a NFL team and move it to Frankfurt. Jax owner is in the process of buying Wembley Stadium in London. Could get interesting.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
SD wouldnt give them a stadium deal. Their long term options are:

1. Wait for one of the counties between SD and LA to do a stadium deal.

2. Relocate.

There's a German billionaire seeking to buy a NFL team and move it to Frankfurt. Jax owner is in the process of buying Wembley Stadium in London. Could get interesting.

You know? With how many NFL Europe teams there were in Germany, I'm awfully surprised the NFL HASN'T played International games in Germany during the International Series. I mean, American football is PERFECT for Germany for the same reasons we like it. It's a good time to have beer, and Germans love their beer.

csirl

Reaction score
You know? With how many NFL Europe teams there were in Germany, I'm awfully surprised the NFL HASN'T played International games in Germany during the International Series. I mean, American football is PERFECT for Germany for the same reasons we like it. It's a good time to have beer, and Germans love their beer.

GFL is big enough that NFL is seen as a commercial rival as opposed to something that compliments the domestic scene ala UK. Events such as the German Bowl (played yesterday) and EuroBowl give German fans the big stadium event football experience.

In the past there were bad vibes between GFL and NFL. NFL Europe and GFL were rivals - playing in similar stadia with similar crowds for bigger games. Relations seem to be thawing.

An interesting note - Frankfurt Universe (formerly NFL Europes Frankfurt Galaxy) played in the German Bowl yesterday.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
GFL is big enough that NFL is seen as a commercial rival as opposed to something that compliments the domestic scene ala UK. Events such as the German Bowl (played yesterday) and EuroBowl give German fans the big stadium event football experience.

In the past there were bad vibes between GFL and NFL. NFL Europe and GFL were rivals - playing in similar stadia with similar crowds for bigger games. Relations seem to be thawing.

An interesting note - Frankfurt Universe (formerly NFL Europes Frankfurt Galaxy) played in the German Bowl yesterday.

I did not know that. Are they really that big into football? I'd love to see a preseason game played between an NFL and GFL team in that case along with XFL (Japan) v NFL teams in the preseason. That would be cool. A bit like how the NBA will play Chinese, Australian, and Spanish teams in the preseason.