Alice Cooper

triplets_93

Reaction score
I saw Alice Cooper for the first time on their "Killer" Tour at the Dallas Memorial Auditorium.

That Theatrical performance is one of the top 5 performances I have ever seen, by anyone, in all my years of going to rock concerts. So that's saying something.

Alice Cooper (Official Theatrical Documentary) 4K Remastered

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saw him in NO on the "Welcome to My Nightmare" tour and it was a hell of a production with a massive net, web, as a backdrop with actors portraying spiders and one of them slipped and became entangled hanging upside down and Alice looked around and just kept singing while he helped them get the actor back on the web. Crowd went nuts.

It is hard to imagine that he used to put away a case of Bud every day and he stayed slim except for that little beer belly.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I saw Alice Cooper for the first time on their "Killer" Tour at the Dallas Memorial Auditorium.

That Theatrical performance is one of the top 5 performances I have ever seen, by anyone, in all my years of going to rock concerts. So that's saying something.

Alice Cooper (Official Theatrical Documentary) 4K Remastered

Lucky you, as i have mentioned before the original band was very good and the albums from Love it to Death to Muscle of Love were awesome. Perfect mix of the macabre and teenage rebellion.
Saw him in NO on the "Welcome to My Nightmare" tour and it was a hell of a production with a massive net, web, as a backdrop with actors portraying spiders and one of them slipped and became entangled hanging upside down and Alice looked around and just kept singing while he helped them get the actor back on the web. Crowd went nuts.

It is hard to imagine that he used to put away a case of Bud every day and he stayed slim except for that little beer belly.
It was, seems every interview i seen from him in the 70s there was always a beer in his hand. His wife had a huge hand in straightening him out.

triplets_93

Reaction score

Alice Cooper / Schools Out & Killer deluxe reissues​

From superdeluxeedition.com:

3LP vinyl • 2CD deluxe

BY PAUL SINCLAIR

Alice Cooper’s 1972 album School’s Out will be reissued in June alongside the album issued before it, 1971’s Killer.

Both feature newly remastered sound and are available as expanded 3LP vinyl editions and 2CD deluxe sets with the audio content being the same across both.

Schools Out offers a previously unreleased live concert from Miami in May 1972 and a handful of ‘studio extras’ including unreleased alternates and demos. The 3LP edition features a pop-up school desk and panties – just like the original (but these ones are non-flammable, apparently!) and sleeve notes from Bill Holdship.

The Killer reissue also includes an unreleased concert, this time from Mar Y Sol Pop Festival in Puerto Rico from April 1972. Like School’s Out this edition also contains some studio extras, in the shape of alternate versions of three songs from Killer.

Schools Out and Killer are reissued on 9 June 2023 via Rhino.

CD 1

School’s Out [3:30]
Luney Tune [3:40]
Gutter Cat Vs. The Jets [4:39]
Street Fight [0:53]
Blue Turk [5:31]
My Stars [5:49]
Public Animal #9 [3:52]
Alma Mater [4:25]
Grande Finale [4:26]

CD 2

Live in Miami, FL May 27, 1972 (Previously Unissued)

Public Animal #9/Be My lover [5:32]
You Drive Me Nervous [2:22]
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [4:02]
I’m Eighteen [5:52]
Halo Of Flies [10:12]
Dead Babies [6:17]
Killer [7:38]
Long Way To Go [5:16]
School’s Out [8:28]
Is It My Body? [8:02]

Studio Extras

School’s Out (Single Version) [3:32]
Gutter Cat (Single Version) [3:49]
Alma Mater (Alternate Version) [4:10] (Previously Unissued)
Elected (Early Demo Take) [4:18] (Previously Unissued)

CD 1

Under My Wheels [2:52]
Be My Lover [3:19] (Bruce)
Halo Of Flies [8:21]
Desperado [3:30]
You Drive Me Nervous [2:26]
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [3:37]
Dead Babies [5:45]
Killer [7:03] (Bruce/Dunaway)

CD 2

Live at Mar Y Sol Pop Festival, Puerto Rico, April 2, 1972 (Previously Unissued)

Public Animal #9/Be My lover [5:24]
You Drive Me Nervous [2:25]
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [4:17]
I’m Eighteen (5:27)
Halo Of Flies [9:55]
Is It My Body? [7:39]
Dead Babies [5:51]
Killer [8:57]
Long Way To Go [9:50]
Under My Wheels [5:54]

Studio Extras

You Drive Me Nervous (Alternate Version) [2:18]
Under My Wheels (Alternate Version) [2:33]
Dead Babies (Alternate Version) [5:39]

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

Alice Cooper / Schools Out & Killer deluxe reissues​

From superdeluxeedition.com:

3LP vinyl • 2CD deluxe

BY PAUL SINCLAIR

Alice Cooper’s 1972 album School’s Out will be reissued in June alongside the album issued before it, 1971’s Killer.

Both feature newly remastered sound and are available as expanded 3LP vinyl editions and 2CD deluxe sets with the audio content being the same across both.

Schools Out offers a previously unreleased live concert from Miami in May 1972 and a handful of ‘studio extras’ including unreleased alternates and demos. The 3LP edition features a pop-up school desk and panties – just like the original (but these ones are non-flammable, apparently!) and sleeve notes from Bill Holdship.

The Killer reissue also includes an unreleased concert, this time from Mar Y Sol Pop Festival in Puerto Rico from April 1972. Like School’s Out this edition also contains some studio extras, in the shape of alternate versions of three songs from Killer.

Schools Out and Killer are reissued on 9 June 2023 via Rhino.

CD 1

School’s Out [3:30]
Luney Tune [3:40]
Gutter Cat Vs. The Jets [4:39]
Street Fight [0:53]
Blue Turk [5:31]
My Stars [5:49]
Public Animal #9 [3:52]
Alma Mater [4:25]
Grande Finale [4:26]

CD 2

Live in Miami, FL May 27, 1972 (Previously Unissued)

Public Animal #9/Be My lover [5:32]
You Drive Me Nervous [2:22]
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [4:02]
I’m Eighteen [5:52]
Halo Of Flies [10:12]
Dead Babies [6:17]
Killer [7:38]
Long Way To Go [5:16]
School’s Out [8:28]
Is It My Body? [8:02]

Studio Extras

School’s Out (Single Version) [3:32]
Gutter Cat (Single Version) [3:49]
Alma Mater (Alternate Version) [4:10] (Previously Unissued)
Elected (Early Demo Take) [4:18] (Previously Unissued)

CD 1

Under My Wheels [2:52]
Be My Lover [3:19] (Bruce)
Halo Of Flies [8:21]
Desperado [3:30]
You Drive Me Nervous [2:26]
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [3:37]
Dead Babies [5:45]
Killer [7:03] (Bruce/Dunaway)

CD 2

Live at Mar Y Sol Pop Festival, Puerto Rico, April 2, 1972 (Previously Unissued)

Public Animal #9/Be My lover [5:24]
You Drive Me Nervous [2:25]
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [4:17]
I’m Eighteen (5:27)
Halo Of Flies [9:55]
Is It My Body? [7:39]
Dead Babies [5:51]
Killer [8:57]
Long Way To Go [9:50]
Under My Wheels [5:54]

Studio Extras

You Drive Me Nervous (Alternate Version) [2:18]
Under My Wheels (Alternate Version) [2:33]
Dead Babies (Alternate Version) [5:39]

Two of my favorite Alice Cooper albums.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I love Alice Cooper. I have a bunch of his albums that I bought on vinyl from RCA Music Service (remember them?). I never got to see him live. I remember the Christian high school I went to had some objections to his lyrics, especially the ones from Cold Ethyl:

Ethyl's cold
Ethyl's frigid in bed
Ethyl should be
Because Ethyl's dead

I laughed at those lyrics. They did not turn me into a necrophiliac.