Video: All-22 breakdown of the offensive line versus Texans

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hey guys if you have an hour of free time to kill this is an excellent play by play of every offensive snap we took against the Texans broken down with focus on the oline. Just some quick notes, man Tyler Smith is going to be so filthy when they kick him into LG. He plays with so much power in his game that McGovern just doesn’t have.

Losing Steele is going to hurt, he has easily been our 2nd best lineman all season, but thankfully we have Peters to step in. And yes the film verifies what we thought about Josh ball. He is ATROCIOUS. That 2nd pick of Daks was completely on Ball he got smoked as soon as the play began. We better hope he can get better fast because a lineman of that low caliber can derail your playoff hopes very quickly. Anyway here you guys go enjoy!

https://youtu.be/aZyJEL50_j0

817Gill

Reaction score
Hey guys if you have an hour of free time to kill this is an excellent play by play of every offensive snap we took against the Texans broken down with focus on the oline. Just some quick notes, man Tyler Smith is going to be so filthy when they kick him into LG. He plays with so much power in his game that McGovern just doesn’t have.

Losing Steele is going to hurt, he has easily been our 2nd best lineman all season, but thankfully we have Peters to step in. And yes the film verifies what we thought about Josh ball. He is ATROCIOUS. That 2nd pick of Daks was completely on Ball he got smoked as soon as the play began. We better hope he can get better fast because a lineman of that low caliber can derail your playoff hopes very quickly. Anyway here you guys go enjoy!

Thanks!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And Philbin just LOVES McGovern.
I personally thought Farniok was better at Left Guard than McGovern. Early in the season when Farniok filled in for the injured McGovern, our runs to the left were constantly for big gains behind Farniok and Tyler Smith paired next to him. As soon as McGovern healed up, Farniok was benched. McGovern has done ok, but he does get beat at times. Clearly, Joe Philbin favors McGovern over Farniok.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I struggle to watch Voch's breakdowns, he shoots too much from the hip and sits there going forward and backward over and over trying to see what is going on. Would be a lot better if he looked at the play off of the camera and then recorded the breakdown of the play without all the bouncing around in my opinion. Makes me dizzy and the videos end up being too long. It is a shame because he is knowledgeable.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

https://youtu.be/aZyJEL50_j0
Crazy question for you film geeks:
Could McGovern play center?
Would he be better than Biadasz?

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I struggle to watch Voch's breakdowns, he shoots too much from the hip and sits there going forward and backward over and over trying to see what is going on. Would be a lot better if he looked at the play off of the camera and then recorded the breakdown of the play without all the bouncing around in my opinion. Makes me dizzy and the videos end up being too long. It is a shame because he is knowledgeable.

That's so funny because thats the exact reason I love his breakdowns. I like going through the process of the play with him and since I'm in his patreon I get to ask live questions about plays while we are breaking them down. Different strokes for different folks for sure.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I HIGHLY doubt it. Biadasz is a fine center, slightly above average. You could easily have worse than him at Center, as most teams do.
Thanks. Has his play improved this year?
Read a lot of negative comments about his play last season.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I personally thought Farniok was better at Left Guard than McGovern. Early in the season when Farniok filled in for the injured McGovern, our runs to the left were constantly for big gains behind Farniok and Tyler Smith paired next to him. As soon as McGovern healed up, Farniok was benched. McGovern has done ok, but he does get beat at times. Clearly, Joe Philbin favors McGovern over Farniok.
None of it matters. Tyler will be at LG shortly with Tyron coming back for LT. That left side is going to be scary to run behind for opposing defenses. I cant wait to see Tyler pull from the LG position.

Reactions: BAT

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thanks. Has his play improved this year?
Read a lot of negative comments about his play last season.

the typical leap you see from 2nd to 3rd year, nothing super crazy. A lot of people form opinions about players based off a few bad plays by them, and don’t take the time to watch film afterwards to see if their opinion is based in fact or not. A rule of thumb is grade a player off 56 plays not 5 to 6 plays.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
the typical leap you see from 2nd to 3rd year, nothing super crazy. A lot of people form opinions about players based off a few bad plays by them, and don’t take the time to watch film afterwards to see if their opinion is based in fact or not. A rule of thumb is grade a player off 56 plays not 5 to 6 plays.
Makes total sense.
Thanks for the info and your film study.

Nexx

Reaction score

I cant stand his voice

CWR

Reaction score

That's a job hazard for any olineman. One or two whiffs, resulting in a pass rush getting home, and your whole day is a waste.

Stsinaz12

Reaction score

And wait for the jump into next year for TYLER!