All I can think about is Joey Galloway when I hear #1 Pick for a WR

Youngan

Benched
Reaction score
We now have to lock up bigtime coin in Roy Williams for 5 seasons. We now have no number 1 pick in this upcoming draft , right? What happens if we go 6-10? - 8-8? we have a huge amount of injuries , do we not? we could lose 3 in a row , would you be shocked? I wouldn't.

Why, oh why , did we not get a cover CB? heck we needed a cover CB when Pacman was here with Henry. Henry has been terrible, just flat out cut worthy terrible. Who is going to cover those Rams WR's? Mike Jenkins?

I ask, has Jerry now given up this year and is looking at life without TO and Roy Williams as our ACE WR for the new stadium?

We needed a coverman folks, not just RW.

Let me also say, I love that Roy W has come home to Texas, I just wish it was under better circumstances.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
what cb was available? and i doubt we go 0-3 and I bet Romo will return for the giants game.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
Youngan;2339855 said:
We now have to lock up bigtime coin in Roy Williams for 5 seasons. We now have no number 1 pick in this upcoming draft , right? What happens if we go 6-10? - 8-8? we have a huge amount of injuries , do we not? we could lose 3 in a row , would you be shocked? I wouldn't.

Why, oh why , did we not get a cover CB? heck we needed a cover CB when Pacman was here with Henry. Henry has been terrible, just flat out cut worthy terrible. Who is going to cover those Rams WR's? Mike Jenkins?

I ask, has Jerry now given up this year and is looking at life without TO and Roy Williams as our ACE WR for the new stadium?

Let me also say, I love that Roy W has come home to Texas, I just wish it was under better circumstances.

Too much vitriol for a first post.
Bad omen.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Actually, it was two #1 picks for Galloway. But the Galloway situation and the Roy Williams situation isn't even comparable. The Galloway trade was far worse than the current one, just based on the fact that it required TWO #1 picks.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
The difference is, we actually have a lot of young talent on the team. I remember reading that we have one of the youngest teams in the league.

Who would you rather have, a proven WR or a rookie who might not get much playing time in his first season?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Youngan;2339855 said:

I have news for you, IF we hadn't traded away for Roy, we would have drafted a WR with our #1 anyways. Would you have taken your chances with a rookie wideout next year, when, in fact, it takes them a good 2-3 years to develop?

BTW-were they ANY cover corners available in a trade? And for that matter, IF we had traded for one, how soon would have they have learned OUR scheme? They have would been ready for the Rams game? Right...

speedkilz88

Reaction score
We drafted Mike Jenkins and Orlando Scandrick, no need to trade for some corner some other team doesn't want.

Youngan

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2339870 said:
I have news for you, IF we hadn't traded away for Roy, we would have drafted a WR with our #1 anyways. Would you have taken your chances with a rookie wideout next year, when, in fact, it takes them a good 2-3 years to develop?

BTW-were they ANY cover corners available in a trade? And for that matter, IF we had traded for one, how soon would have they have learned OUR scheme? They have would been ready for the Rams game? Right...

That is a very fair point, however maybe a top tier CB would have been there?

Deion was just on, and he killed this deal. According to Neon Deion , he hears that RW is NOT known as a hardworker and he's also not sure if RW is losing some speed early in his career.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I fail to see how this compares. We gave up TWO 1sts, not ONE; he got injured and when he came back had who throwing to him? Since then he has had 1000+ yard seasons and at least 6 TDs the last 3 years. Trading for a WR doesn't make it compare to a trade that didn't work out as planned.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Youngan;2339889 said:
According to Neon Deion , he hears that RW is NOT known as a hardworker and he's also not sure if RW is losing some speed early in his career.

Sounds like he will fit right in...

Consider the source though...

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Youngan;2339889 said:

Deion was just on, and he killed this deal. According to Neon Deion , he hears that RW is NOT known as a hardworker and he's also not sure if RW is losing some speed early in his career.
the same Deion who was talking great about our new corner who just got suspended again?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Youngan;2339889 said:

With Newman signed long-term, Jenkins, and Scandrick, why would we need to draft another corner in the 1st round?

Henry's going to be an UFA, but I doubt he'll command alot of respect in the FA market, so it wouldn't surprise me if he resigns with us at a bargain deal next year.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
all this comparision is beyond me. who is dallas gonna be able to get that will provide more prodution then roy williams? dallas is one of the youngest teams in the nfl. the core of the starters in the nfl havent even reached their peak yet. they get another player in that core age of their main starters. instead of another rookie who probably wouldnt start over crayton or austin for a couple yrs anyways. thos eof u comparing this to the galloway trade are reading too many of them espn articles u guys say u hate so much. totally different circumstances between the two trades. this is a great trade.

and actually dallas is trading basically a 1st and 3rd for roy, because they're gonna get a 5th back anyways for pacman.

Boysboy

Reaction score
LatinMind;2339931 said:
all this comparision is beyond me. who is dallas gonna be able to get that will provide more prodution then roy williams? dallas is one of the youngest teams in the nfl. the core of the starters in the nfl havent even reached their peak yet. they get another player in that core age of their main starters. instead of another rookie who probably wouldnt start over crayton or austin for a couple yrs anyways. thos eof u comparing this to the galloway trade are reading too many of them espn articles u guys say u hate so much. totally different circumstances between the two trades. this is a great trade.

and actually dallas is trading basically a 1st and 3rd for roy, because they're gonna get a 5th back anyways for pacman.

It'll be OUR 3rd, NOT Cleveland's 3rd. Also, we have 2 6th's anyways thanks to the Fergy trade AND Pacman getting suspended, so all's well.

Youngan

Benched
Reaction score
I said Galloway because after that colossal failure, Jerry said he'd never deal a #1 pick again. Also a 1st , 3rd, and 6th is a TON to giveup and is almost as bad as 2 #1's. You cannot deny that.

I have not read or heard one football "expert" saying Dallas did well here. Deion said, why would Detroit give up their best player? that is a point.

You also have to consider this, we can't cover! I don't care who we have! we cannot cover! we couldn't cover with Pac, or with T-Newman or with Roy or with Watkins. I feel we needed to scour the league for a CB today and a OLB.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Boysboy;2339943 said:
It'll be OUR 3rd, NOT Cleveland's 3rd. Also, we have 2 6th's anyways thanks to the Fergy trade AND Pacman getting suspended, so all's well.

TO roy witten barber then add crayton as a 3 and austin/hurd as 4th wow thats a scary offense. reality check for all the naysayers

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Picks are relative. Each year is a different game. I thought we could do better but one 1 and a 3 for a productive WR when one is needed badly right now is a good move. And it locks up a WR until 2013. You get RW for the rest of this year for next year's 1. That needs to be factored in.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Youngan;2339944 said:
I said Galloway because after that colossal failure, Jerry said he'd never deal a #1 pick again. Also a 1st , 3rd, and 6th is a TON to giveup and is almost as bad as 2 #1's. You cannot deny that.

I have not read or heard one football "expert" saying Dallas did well here. Deion said, why would Detroit give up their best player? that is a point.

You also have to consider this, we can't cover! I don't care who we have! we cannot cover! we couldn't cover with Pac, or with T-Newman or with Roy or with Watkins. I feel we needed to scour the league for a CB today and a OLB.

cant cover? dallas gives up alot in first halfs of games. in 2nd halfs? other then this past game what other 2nd half of a game have they given up alot?

too many whiners if u ask me. this team has too many weapons to have such a negative atmosphere. like that raider fan said last week. some of u should be ashamed. im convinced that some cowboy fans will never be happy. its like their fate to always be complainers about something, anything. when dallas wins the superbowl people will complain about something. maybe rowdy didnt do his job right. something.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Youngan;2339944 said:

I can deny it and I will. We already have a 3rd next year, so we aren't really losing anything. The 6th and 7th are essentially a wash. The point of gaining extra picks is for wheel and deal operations just like this. So, essentially, we just gave up a 1st which is quite reasonable for a 1st round talent receiver who already has experience and who is only 25 and can help us this year.

I really don't understand the negativity surrounding this trade. You would think that some of the people complaining aren't really 'Boys fans.