All I can think about is Joey Galloway when I hear #1 Pick for a WR

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Alot of negativety in their only 3 posts joining most likely today. Hmmm, there's a word for that type of poster.

Youngan

Benched
Reaction score
LatinMind;2339976 said:
cant cover? dallas gives up alot in first halfs of games. in 2nd halfs? other then this past game what other 2nd half of a game have they given up alot?

too many whiners if u ask me. this team has too many weapons to have such a negative atmosphere. like that raider fan said last week. some of u should be ashamed. im convinced that some cowboy fans will never be happy. its like their fate to always be complainers about something, anything. when dallas wins the superbowl people will complain about something. maybe rowdy didnt do his job right. something.

I'm not sure what you are saying? what I see is teams completing passes all over the lot on us. Fitz killed us, TJ killed us, Deshean Jackson killed us, Santan Moss and Randle El got off on us etc, I don't know what else you need? Teams are whipping Wade's passive react defense with Sag coverage.

Youngan

Benched
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;2339997 said:
Alot of negativety in their only 3 posts joining most likely today. Hmmm, there's a word for that type of poster.

No, I don't mean it to be like that. Heck I'm going to order my Roy Williams jersey tonite! I just worry that he won't give us what we need. I also badly wanted a CB.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
#1,#3,#6

Ricky Williams trade came to mind. Good news we still have a #2

cowboyed

Reaction score
Youngan;2339855 said:
We now have to lock up bigtime coin in Roy Williams for 5 seasons. We now have no number 1 pick in this upcoming draft , right? What happens if we go 6-10? - 8-8? we have a huge amount of injuries , do we not? we could lose 3 in a row , would you be shocked? I wouldn't.

Why, oh why , did we not get a cover CB? heck we needed a cover CB when Pacman was here with Henry. Henry has been terrible, just flat out cut worthy terrible. Who is going to cover those Rams WR's? Mike Jenkins?

I ask, has Jerry now given up this year and is looking at life without TO and Roy Williams as our ACE WR for the new stadium?

We needed a coverman folks, not just RW.

Let me also say, I love that Roy W has come home to Texas, I just wish it was under better circumstances.

Well then you should also think about your math skills because we gave up (2) No. 1's for Galloway.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Youngan;2340004 said:
I'm not sure what you are saying? what I see is teams completing passes all over the lot on us. Fitz killed us, TJ killed us, Deshean Jackson killed us, Santan Moss and Randle El got off on us etc, I don't know what else you need? Teams are whipping Wade's passive react defense with Sag coverage.

So then what is it, the corner back or "Wade's passive react defense" thats the problem? If it is Wade's defense (which I think is more close to the problem) what good would a cornerback that another team was willing to trade really going to do to change anything? To quote you from an earlier post you said Deion said why would Detroit give up their best player, well why would any other team give up their best corner? You can't have it both ways.
:cool:

Youngan

Benched
Reaction score
Marshall Faulk just concurred with my feelings, the Cowboys need DB's he said, Newman is hurt and aging as well.
And they also made another good point, the Cowboys running game has been terrible, they need to run the ball. Marion only has 1 , 100 yd game.

As for my comments on our coverage, they were clear and concise. We now are stuck with two stiffs at CB and a rookie. We haven't stopped anyone, ANYONE. We also sag off the LOS , we do not jam.

I don't know how you can deny our coverage woes? how many more wideopen WR's will it take for you admit to it?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Youngan;2340004 said:

cincy game
palmer threw for 217 yrds

Commanders game
campbell 231 yrds and most of his yrds came on 3 plays. is that being thrown all on? come on

eagles game
mcnabb 281 on 37 throws. umm ok. jackson had a decent game. but if u actually noticed how many yrds came on his one play? thanks.

i like tho how u didnt mention how this passing defense kiled aaron rogers who before playing the cowboys was lighting everybody up.

too many people complain about dinks and dunks on the cowboys and decribe that as being passed all on. another example about the whiners

cowboyed

Reaction score
smoovb;2340071 said:
Not to be picky, but ol' Roy is actually 27. DOB - Dec 20, 1981.

Not to be additionally picky but technically he is still 26 years of age until his upcoming birthay 2 plus months from now...

smoovb

Reaction score
Youngan;2340086 said:
Marshall Faulk just concurred with my feelings, the Cowboys need DB's he said, Newman is hurt and aging as well.
And they also made another good point, the Cowboys running game has been terrible, they need to run the ball. Marion only has 1 , 100 yd game.

As for my comments on our coverage, they were clear and concise. We now are stuck with two stiffs at CB and a rookie. We haven't stopped anyone, ANYONE. We also sag off the LOS , we do not jam.

I don't know how you can deny our coverage woes? how many more wideopen WR's will it take for you admit to it?

Okay, so here are all the top CBs taken in the first round the past few years:
Darrelle Revis, Pitt
Leon Hall, Michigan
Aaron Ross, Texas
Tye Hill, Clemson
Antonio Cromartie, Florida State
Johnathan Joseph, South Carolina
Kelly Jennings, Miami
Pacman Jones, West Virginia
Antrel Rolle, Miami
Carlos Rogers, Auburn
Fabian Washington, Nebraska
Marlin Jackson, Michigan
DeAngelo Hall, Virginia Tech
Dunta Robinson, South Carolina
Ahmad Carroll, Arkansas
Chris Gamble, Ohio State

Can you point out any shutdown, super awesome CBs in this list? Sure, there are a few okay CBs, but no super stars. And who was available to us for trades? Hmm...nobody thats who.

Jerry Jones made the right call and got number one talent for a number one pick. Go Roy!

MONT17

Reaction score
Jerry did the best he could all u guys cryin about ppl cryin should rip the coaches and scouts who fed Jerry all that BS about the talent level @ WR to save their jobs!

smoovb

Reaction score
cowboyed;2340115 said:
Not to be additionally picky but technically he is still 26 years of age until his upcoming birthay 2 plus months from now...

Touché :D

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Youngan;2339855 said:
We now have to lock up bigtime coin in Roy Williams for 5 seasons. We now have no number 1 pick in this upcoming draft , right? What happens if we go 6-10? - 8-8? we have a huge amount of injuries , do we not? we could lose 3 in a row , would you be shocked? I wouldn't.

Why, oh why , did we not get a cover CB? heck we needed a cover CB when Pacman was here with Henry. Henry has been terrible, just flat out cut worthy terrible. Who is going to cover those Rams WR's? Mike Jenkins?

I ask, has Jerry now given up this year and is looking at life without TO and Roy Williams as our ACE WR for the new stadium?

We needed a coverman folks, not just RW.

Let me also say, I love that Roy W has come home to Texas, I just wish it was under better circumstances.

this is silly even if you want to address the problems of the team CB is the last of our worries after spending a first on the position last year and consider newman.....If anything we need to replace our D Line nice try but you fail......

Youngan

Benched
Reaction score
I cannot believe what I'm reading, are you people watching the games? are you watching Henry get smoked? T-New getting scorched? Houshmanzadeh waltzing into the EZ twice? I mean comeon people , we're 17th v.s the pass,now. What about without Pacman?

superpunk

Reaction score
Rampage;2339862 said:
what cb was available? and i doubt we go 0-3 and I bet Romo will return for the giants game.

Rampage with a solid post.

We traded for a cover corner in the offseason. He couldn't cover, or keep from beating his bodyguard.

So we did the best we could with the hand we were dealt. We got a talent laden 26 year old WR to pair with Romo for the duration of his contract.

Mission Accomplished IMO.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Youngan;2340153 said:
I cannot believe what I'm reading, are you people watching the games? are you watching Henry get smoked? T-New getting scorched? Houshmanzadeh waltzing into the EZ twice? I mean comeon people , we're 17th v.s the pass,now. What about without Pacman?

pacman wasn't our best CB....and Tnewman was far from being scorched and We need to commit more to many becasue a lot of our corners look lost.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Youngan;2340153 said:

Who could we have gotten? What CB is out there?