All I Care About Right Now

TheCritic

Reaction score
Find me the next Travis Frederick...

Fix the center problem and that will give the 2024 Cowboys the best chance at turning things around. Yes we need tons of other things and I don't blame anybody for seeing a team full of holes. But if you could fix one thing that would make the MOST difference, then put me down for a major upgrade at center. I can find LBs, RBs and find missing parts that can get me by for a season or so. But if you are telling me that I'm stuck with Dak for at least another season, then I want the one thing that will help him more than anything else....find me a center!!!!

CowboysFilmStudy

Reaction score

Fix the center problem and that will give the 2024 Cowboys the best chance at turning things around. Yes we need tons of other things and I don't blame anybody for seeing a team full of holes. But if you could fix one thing that would make the MOST difference, then put me down for a major upgrade at center. I can find LBs, RBs and find missing parts that can get me by for a season or so. But if you are telling me that I'm stuck with Dak for at least another season, then I want the one thing that will help him more than anything else....find me a center!!!!
I’ve heard it said by some NFL line coaches that you can find a good guard or center just walking down the street. Where the real difference is made at tackle. I don’t feel like a center can make or break an offensive line. Where we need to focus is guys who set their drops out on the edge.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I’ve heard it said by some NFL line coaches that you can find a good guard or center just walking down the street. Where the real difference is made at tackle. I don’t feel like a center can make or break an offensive line. Where we need to focus is guys who set their drops out on the edge.
I disagree. I want Dak protected on the inside and our RBs feeling safe to run north-south. I want what we had in 2016, albeit a fresh rookie Zeke. Travis Frederick was what made the OL click back then. That's what we need now!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
:omg:

Kwyn

Reaction score

It’s important for sure. I’ve been watching for quality centers in the draft.

Biadasz is “ok” but doesn’t move the needle (or the pile) and he’s up for a new contract.

I’m absolutely open to a change.

rambo2

Reaction score

Jackson Powers-Johnson from Oregon is your man.

btgboys41

Reaction score

Man, I think this is so on point. Where they pick, should be in striking distance of the best center in the draft I’d imagine. If the whole draft was o and d lineman and throw in an lb, I’d be just fine.

conner01

Reaction score
We definitely need a center. No reason to give an avg player a second contract. But they won’t take a center at 24

conner01

Reaction score
They might, Brugler had Powers-Johnson going at 21 to Miami.
He’s a plug and play center. Fins and eagles could be players. I don’t think Jerry would take a center at 24 but I would

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I am of the belief that the albatross around the neck of this franchise is bigger than a new center. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Find me a quality GM.
The rest will take care of itself.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Find me a quality GM.
The rest will take care of itself.
You say that as if it’s a pure Jerry comment.

Is it drafting! Isn’t that McClay?

Is it free agent signings? Doesn’t that also fall into scouting in partnership with cap management?

Is it cap management? Doesn’t that really fall on Stephen?

I really believe this, but Jerry is GM in name only. It’s a title. Like the English monarchy.

Our “GM” is actually McClay, Stephen and Jerry combined.

Draft and scouting
Money management
PR

The Cowboys are actually decent when compared to the league. Not incredible but not bad.

Our drafting is really good.

Our team obviously wins the publicity war year after year.

Results ‘attend obviously and our results in the playoffs are bad

It’s ultimately on Jerry, but if we have a three-headed “GM”, I can’t say that we’re worse than a bunch of other teams.

Howie gets talked about here, but Siriani staying, the firing of both coordinators and the complete redirection of offensive and defensive philosophy is a slap across Siriani face and the reversal of scheme on both sides of the ball. Reports are that this is coming straight down from Lurie.

Howie is just doing the legwork to make it happen.

How is that really different than what we deal with?

Chasing6

Reaction score

I would be happy with Jackson Powers-Johnson.

Most likely we need to move up to in the 2nd round to get him. Maybe we trade back a little in the first, then back up in the 2nd.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score

You'll get another Mazi Smith and you'll like it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You'll get another Mazi Smith and you'll like it.
Mazi can only be the best version of himself. Just my thoughts. If we did not like what we saw in Mazi why did we draft him? If we liked what we saw, why did we try to change him?

He is a big space eater that does not have quickness. In college he was used to take up space and hold his ground to free up LB's to make plays. Did we gamble thinking he was misused in college?

Seemed like we asked him to lose weight to try and improve his quickness, then he lost his power or ability to hold ground.

Just let him be a first down run defender taking on double teams and eating up space. I know it is no sexy, but we definitely have a need for that.