All Out Trades / Mock Draft

cnuball21

Reaction score
If we're not going to go all in and simply let FAs walk hoping to find cheap replacements in the draft I'm honestly at the point I'd rather just blow it up and start the re-build. I have no desire for us to trot out a team with lesser talent and hope for a better season. It starts with trading Dak and requires even more tough decisions in the potential of losing guys like Lamb, Parsons, Diggs, etc who can actually net you a solid return of draft capital. Buckle up!

Trades:

- Dak Prescott to Atlanta for picks 1-8, 3-74 & 6-198
- Ceedee Lamb to KC for picks 1-32 and 3-95

Choose your fighter on who you want to shop but I chose Lamb as I think he could yield a 1st+ and the WR class is loaded so you have a decent chance of getting an impact player in year 1`in the draft.

Draft (nfldraftbuzz Sim):

1/9: Jayden Daniels (QB) - likely doesn't slide this far but you never know. If not available I'd roll the dice on JJ.
1/24: Brian Thomas Jr (WR) - in a loaded WR class a top prospect falls to depth connecting BTJ back with his college QB. WR1 replacement.
1/32: Graham Barton (C) - plug and play C that replaces Tyler B and gives us more athletics and upside at the position.
2/56: TJ Tampa (CB) - long and lengthy athletic CB that replaces Gilly and gives us a cheap 1/2 punch in the event we let Diggs walk.
3/74: Kingsley Suamatai (OT)) - solid OT prospects falls to the 3rd due to a loaded class. Could give him a shot at LT year 1, and if it doesn't work out kick Tyler out, while still giving you a RT of the future to get Steele's contract off the books.
3/87: JAylen Wright (RB) - speed merchant weapon at RB.
3/95: Cedric Gray (LB) - do it all LBr that comes in and competes with Overshown and Cox for the Mike role.

The sim froze after 3 rounds but still fun to see what a rebuild haul could look like with a 3 1sts and a ton of top 100 picks. Didn't plan on it but the OLmen kept falling so feel great about the OL of the future.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If we're not going to go all in and simply let FAs walk hoping to find cheap replacements in the draft I'm honestly at the point I'd rather just blow it up and start the re-build. I have no desire for us to trot out a team with lesser talent and hope for a better season. It starts with trading Dak and requires even more tough decisions in the potential of losing guys like Lamb, Parsons, Diggs, etc who can actually net you a solid return of draft capital. Buckle up!

Trades:

Choose your fighter on who you want to shop but I chose Lamb as I think he could yield a 1st+ and the WR class is loaded so you have a decent chance of getting an impact player in year 1`in the draft.

1/9: Jayden Daniels (QB) - likely doesn't slide this far but you never know. If not available I'd roll the dice on JJ.
1/24: Brian Thomas Jr (WR) - in a loaded WR class a top prospect falls to depth connecting BTJ back with his college QB. WR1 replacement.
1/32: Graham Barton (C) - plug and play C that replaces Tyler B and gives us more athletics and upside at the position.
2/56: TJ Tampa (CB) - long and lengthy athletic CB that replaces Gilly and gives us a cheap 1/2 punch in the event we let Diggs walk.
3/74: Kingsley Suamatai (OT)) - solid OT prospects falls to the 3rd due to a loaded class. Could give him a shot at LT year 1, and if it doesn't work out kick Tyler out, while still giving you a RT of the future to get Steele's contract off the books.
3/95: Cedric Gray (LB) - do it all LBr that comes in and competes with Overshown and Cox for the Mike role.

The sim froze after 3 rounds but still fun to see what a rebuild haul could look like with a 3 1sts and a ton of top 100 picks. Didn't plan on it but the OLmen kept falling so feel great about the OL of the future.
Trading Prescott is complicated. You have to get him to waive his NTC. I think we should at least be able to get a 2025 #2 out of the trade as well. His trade value is likely to be similar to Staffords when LA traded for him. With Lamb you need to get more back, especially considering you getting a late #1. Hill went for a 1st and 2nd, two 4ths and a 5th. Adams went for a 1st and 2nd. Thats the value you need to get back for Lamb

cnuball21

Reaction score
Trading Prescott is complicated. You have to get him to waive his NTC. I think we should at least be able to get a 2025 #2 out of the trade as well. His trade value is likely to be similar to Staffords when LA traded for him. With Lamb you need to get more back, especially considering you getting a late #1. Hill went for a 1st and 2nd, two 4ths and a 5th. Adams went for a 1st and 2nd. Thats the value you need to get back for Lamb
It’s hard to say because both only have 1 year left on their deals so teams may factor that in. Maybe you can get more - but at least a starting point for the exercise.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Lamb for pick 32 and a third is criminal lol.
1 year left on his deal so more risk in a trade and attempt to extend.

Adams go a late 1st and 2nd but he was already on a multi year deal.

Maybe we can get more maybe not…again just an exercise.

Sully

Reaction score

Trades:

Love the idea and I am all for trading Dak/Lamb and yes Parsons. I am at the point where these players want to "set the market" every time, so trade them away to keep your cap "under contract" and keep the stream of YOUTH coming with the draft picks;

For Example ~ You can get more for Dak and Lamb. Chiefs traded away their BEST WR in Tyreek Hill for 2022 : 1st, 2nd and 4th PLUS 2023 4th and 6th
You can get something very close to that trading away Lamb and save cap.

Dak can land you multiple picks also. And of course Parsons will demand THE MOON also.

Sorry, I am done with all the divas' demand. When you have a youth movement and maybe need one or two FA, fine. But this team / franchise has done NOTHING to reward these players record setting contracts. Their stats are for getting these record deals but the fans/owners want to win/Superbowls.

Trade away these players a year EARLY to get multiple picks back. When you flood your team with 1-5 year guys, you keep your cap problem under control.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I don‘t think there is any chance that Dak waives his no trade clause or that he isn’t the QB next season. I wonder he they will have the guts to let him walk after the season.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Love the idea and I am all for trading Dak/Lamb and yes Parsons. I am at the point where these players want to "set the market" every time, so trade them away to keep your cap "under contract" and keep the stream of YOUTH coming with the draft picks;

For Example ~ You can get more for Dak and Lamb. Chiefs traded away their BEST WR in Tyreek Hill for 2022 : 1st, 2nd and 4th PLUS 2023 4th and 6th
You can get something very close to that trading away Lamb and save cap.

Dak can land you multiple picks also. And of course Parsons will demand THE MOON also.

Sorry, I am done with all the divas' demand. When you have a youth movement and maybe need one or two FA, fine. But this team / franchise has done NOTHING to reward these players record setting contracts. Their stats are for getting these record deals but the fans/owners want to win/Superbowls.

Trade away these players a year EARLY to get multiple picks back. When you flood your team with 1-5 year guys, you keep your cap problem under control.
Plenty it ways to do it…

- Trade Dak only
- Trade Dak + others

I chose Lamb bc the WR class is loaded and he’s on the last year of his contract. Parsons could surely get you a haul but we’ve a little more time with him on a rookie deal.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I don‘t think there is any chance that Dak waives his no trade clause or that he isn’t the QB next season. I wonder he they will have the guts to let him walk after the season.
Probably not…unless we got wild and told him we were going to bench him if he didn’t.

Chasing6

Reaction score
1 year left on his deal so more risk in a trade and attempt to extend.

Adams go a late 1st and 2nd but he was already on a multi year deal.

Maybe we can get more maybe not…again just an exercise.
No one would trade without an agreed upon extension.

Same situation for Dak.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Falcons and Chiefs both under the cap.

It’s more challenging but def doable.
GM Jerruh is pretending he has no money to spend. Huge cap increase this year and he carried over $10M from last year.

His mind is in rebuild mode.

cnuball21

Reaction score
GM Jerruh is pretending he has no money to spend. Huge cap increase this year and he carried over $10M from last year.

His mind is in rebuild mode.
He’s not fooling anyone…most fans understand how easy it would be to free up a ton of money and it starts with Dak being extended.

If we don’t do that, what’s the point of running out a worse team and wasting a year?

cnuball21

Reaction score
We should also keep in mind Jerry will likely get fleeced in trades so we’ll get less than we should lol.