All problems on O-Line?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
All you here nowadays is the the O-line is the problem for everything that is happening.

How about a running back that looks for daylight? instead of running into the wall? break to the outside once in a while. Let a play develop.

How about we have a safety blanket(Witten) and use him more often. This offense is begging to be a TE first offense. Witten can abuse most all DB's and can hold his own against LB's.

How about throwing deep to Glenn. He can outrun most any DB. If there is no safety over the top or safety help at all. THAT should be a homerun most of the time. If not and they intercept... they are deep in their own territory.

The O-Line needs help from the QB, the RB, the WR... it does work both ways. IMO.

Go Cowboys.

CanadianCowboy

Reaction score
the problem in my view is all O-Line.

We need C,LT, and RT to be a lot better. I expect more from Allen and Rivera too.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
YoMick said:
How about a running back that looks for daylight? instead of running into the wall? break to the outside once in a while. Let a play develop.

With this line you will lose yards on every play if you are waiting for daylight. Our tackles don't get strong enough blocks to take anything outside.

superpunk

Reaction score
I think we should look harder at our lack of a bruising FB before passing too much blame on to the Oline. Many games, teams aren't really breaking through the line, but lack of a FB to blast open a hole, is affecting our RBs ability.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Coach Bill was on with Babe Laufenberg, the sports anchor with the local CBS affiliate and ex-Cowboy, Sunday morning on his show and he said that the running backs are not the problem. Parcells stated that the o-line was not doing a very good job of carrying out their blocking assignments. He also believes they are capable of doing a better job of blocking on running plays. I would tend to believe him. I just hope that they can come together before the season is over!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Zimmy Lives said:
Coach Bill was on with Babe Laufenberg, the sports anchor with the local CBS affiliate and ex-Cowboy, Sunday morning on his show and he said that the running backs are not the problem. Parcells stated that the o-line was not doing a very good job of carrying out their blocking assignments. He also believes they are capable of doing a better job of blocking on running plays. I would tend to believe him. I just hope that they can come together before the season is over!

I really appreciate what Tucker and Pettiti are getting done - they are performing at a level much higher than anyone could expect. However, that doesn't mean they are doing a good job -- it just isn't the disaster we thought it would be. BP thought we'd have a probowl LT and a talented young RT instead he's got an undrafted FA and a 6th round rookie as bookends.

Plus Rivera has kinda sucked in the first 5 or 6 games (he's been better lately).

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
abersonc said:
I really appreciate what Tucker and Pettiti are getting done - they are performing at a level much higher than anyone could expect. However, that doesn't mean they are doing a good job -- it just isn't the disaster we thought it would be. BP thought we'd have a probowl LT and a talented young RT instead he's got an undrafted FA and a 6th round rookie as bookends.

Plus Rivera has kinda sucked in the first 5 or 6 games (he's been better lately).

He did insinuate that he is not pleased with one or two of his linemen. When baited by Babe, Tuna refused to name names but I would think he was referring to Rivera.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Zimmy Lives said:
He did insinuate that he is not pleased with one or two of his linemen. When baited by Babe, Tuna refused to name names but I would think he was referring to Rivera.

Well, he can't really be displeased with the tackles -- they are in over their heads. Its gotta be Rivera and Al.

lspain1

Reaction score
Has anyone on our OL, outside of LA, impressed? I don't see anyone who does better than mediocre. I'm not saying there aren't reasons, but the problems pretty much reside there IMO.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
lspain1 said:
Has anybone on our OL, outside of LA, impressed? I don't see anyone who does better than mediocre. I'm not saying there aren't reasons, but the problems pretty much reside there IMO.

That's true but it doesn't mean that everyone except LA is mediocre.

Just too much inexperience on that line. You get a critical mass of that and its hard to tell who is good and who is bad.