Twitter: All Seven Draft Picks Have Been Signed

shabazz

Reaction score
They all want to be part of the Cowboys organization......unlike greedy Dakota

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
They all want to be part of the Cowboys organization......unlike greedy Dakota

In all fairness, there really wasn't anything to negotiate with the draft picks. Under the CBA you are paid according to your draft slot, so there is no contract to negotiate. The 1st pick gets this much, the 50th pick gets this much, the 100th pick gets this much, and so on and so forth.

Dak situation is totally different as he has already completed his rookie contract and the team tried to sign him to a second contract but they could not agree on the parameters so they had to tag him.

Not defending Dak here, just pointing out that signing your draft picks is completely different than signing a player with an expired contract.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Nice to see all the names together, to remind me of the haul we got. That's a really sweet draft class. Value pick after value pick.

Lamb was crazy. Biadasz too, IMO. And with a pet cat Romo 2 cherry on top to end the draft.

Not a single pick to even slightly get your panties in a bunch over either.

With such a suck of an offseason in terms of play, it feels good to look at what's gone right. Draft, free agency, coaching. So much winning!

Here's the free agents we signed, and the ones we let go.
McCoy, Dix, Dalton, Poe in.
Byron, Quinn, Cobb out.
It's not like I don't like the guys that left, but there's no way I wanted to sign them for the money they got elsewhere.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/dallas-cowboys/

Best part of this. Seeing Garrett listed as COA and off the Cowboys. The YUGE win is Garrett gone. For years I've felt that no matter how high the talent of the players, they could never overcome the handicaps Garrett imposed on the team.

McCarthy seems like a competent HC. He has proven that he can win the Big One. We are hamstrung by the Red Menace no longer.

Let the joyous news be spread!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Not defending Dak here, just pointing out that signing your draft picks is completely different than signing a player with an expired contract.

I agree about the qualitative difference between negotiating rookies and negotiating Dak.

But players can still try to squeeze out different terms beyond money. Sometimes it takes longer. That we had no problem children this year is a good sign. Lamb in particular might have been expected to make a point of squeezing out a little extra because everyone in the universe knows he dropped absurdly.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I agree about the qualitative difference between negotiating rookies and negotiating Dak.

But players can still try to squeeze out different terms beyond money. Sometimes it takes longer. That we had no problem children this year is a good sign. Lamb in particular might have been expected to make a point of squeezing out a little extra because everyone in the universe knows he dropped absurdly.

Good point.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It was one hell of a good draft for Dallas. So many really good players. I can’t wait to watch them play.
Almost surreal at times.....couldn't believe how some of those guys kept falling to us.
Over and over and over.
Pretty crazy

Now, of course, they actually have to be what we think they can be.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
MM and his offensive staff will be challenged to display some rookie contributions in a timely fashion. This, despite a total absence of preseason games to get them aptly prepared will surely be difficult. I'm hoping practices can be conducted in a way to give them a fair offering of help! It'd be a shame to waste such promising talent. ;)

Last edited: