All the juice is trending toward giants

Flamma

Reaction score
this.. collect juice and be close to 90% absorbtion from the losing pool to pay the win pool. There is a reason the moneyn line moves like a counterbalance...
That's the idea. But it doesn't always work. You can only move the line so much before it becomes counterproductive. And it might not get the desired results anyway. From what I heard, Vegas stood to lose a lot of money had the Bills covered in SB 28.

Go back to Thanksgiving day of 2015. The 3-7 Cowboys were playing the 10-0 Panthers. The line opened at Dallas -6. Yes, not a typo. The game went off with Dallas -1 or -2, I forget. You think they didn't lose a ton of money on that game?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
That's the idea. But it doesn't always work. You can only move the line so much before it becomes counterproductive. And it might not get the desired results anyway. From what I heard, Vegas stood to lose a lot of money had the Bills covered in SB 28.

Go back to Thanksgiving day of 2015. The 3-7 Cowboys were playing the 10-0 Panthers. The line opened at Dallas -6. Yes, not a typo. The game went off with Dallas -1 or -2, I forget. You think they didn't lose a ton of money on that game?
they may have, I would imagine the Cowboys games bring in the most money of any game, i'm sure we would be shocked to hear the actual vegas startegy on setting a Cowboys line. Probably less about facts on the field as the game gets the most non professional action of any game.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Anyone ever wonder if the games are rigged sometimes. Just asking for a friend. We have seen some crazy flags or no flags. Remember the saints playoff game that year. There is ALOT of money on the line. Ever wonder why the refs aren’t a full time job for these guys. Do you think that makes them easier to pay off. I would hate to think that. But so much temptation.
Many are freemason judges . . . of course you can pay them off

Aftershock

Reaction score
Anyone ever wonder if the games are rigged sometimes. Just asking for a friend. We have seen some crazy flags or no flags. Remember the saints playoff game that year. There is ALOT of money on the line. Ever wonder why the refs aren’t a full time job for these guys. Do you think that makes them easier to pay off. I would hate to think that. But so much temptation.
Absolutely,

The NFL admitted that their sport is not a sport but an "entertainment business" among the likes of the WWE

The refs are owned by the NFL and are not sanctioned by a 3rd party (like boxing / MMA, although those sports have had their fair share of controversy as well)

The reality is, in any sport with millions of $'s on the line - just assume it can and will be rigged.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Tell me you know nothing about sports betting without telling me
Because you’re the expert. How many times did you lose your house. Sarcasm enjoy the game my cowboy brother.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Bet $100 on the Cowboys and the points. Thought even money was absurd for 3.5. I thought I was going to have to give 6.