All The RedShirts Sunday Makes Perfect Sense Now - Per Jerry

ZappaFrank

Reaction score
He can use the excuse about transplants but I am pretty sure we have seen other home games the last few years where fans of other teams were there in large numbers...might not be as large as the 49ers fans but large numbers.

Of course I could be just imagining that.

The last time Pittsburgh came here it was an absolute joke too. Tons of Bears fans invaded the last time they made the trip to Arlington..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Those dislocated fans in San Antonio need to get ready for the Raiders moving there. I know Jerry is fighting it but I still see it happening. Meanwhile Jerry needs to be more focus on the product he puts on the field in his own stadium. If the Cowboys were a better team, they'd get more support and less tickets would be available to the opponent's fans.

Plankton

Reaction score
I didnt hear those points. Makes a lil more sense, but still the kids revolting against the dad's is typical Jerry speak.

We should hope that his kids revolt against him, and try to steer the franchise in a more sane direction.

Probably too much to hope for.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if the cowboys were a better team more fans would show up to the games I have been a fan from 1969 and I wouldn't pay 300 to watch this team lose and play bad doing it.

Air Force One

Reaction score
Who cares about how many opposing teams fans were in the building? Never cared about this.Never cared when Cow fans bragged about taking over another teams stadium. Who cares

Well, I care ...when the opposing team's fans are causing our team to false start....AT HOME!

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Too bad Cleveland isnt coming to play in Jerry World this year. Jerry would already have a built in excuse for the 35,000 brown jerseys that would be in his stadium. He could claim it was all the A & M fans living in Texas that are wearing Manziel jerseys.

Gameover

Reaction score
Well, I care ...when the opposing team's fans are causing our team to false start....AT HOME!

Don't blame the fans for that. T. Smith often comes down with a case of the stupids. The whole team for that matter.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if the cowboys were a better team more fans would show up to the games I have been a fan from 1969 and I wouldn't pay 300 to watch this team lose and play bad doing it.

It's also possible if the Cowboys were a better team, people would ask more for their tickets too.

Wayne02

Reaction score
I have been to two games in that stadium, one against the Titans in 2010 and one against the Bears in 2012, on both occasions, the stadium was swarmed with Titan and Bear fans. The Bears are understandable, but I wasn't even aware that the Titans had that many fans until I saw them that day in Jerry World. How does Mr. Burns explain that?

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Realistically there is no way to control who ends up with the ticket.

Well they sort of can. Just start winning and at least the local fans are going start keeping their tickets. Oh wait.....you said realistically.....never mind.

pastordug

Reaction score
I don't buy it....... Try getting an Alabama Season Ticket holder to part from their ticket. Won't happen (oh sure there might be some who need/want some extra cash but never to the point where there will be almost as many opposing fans). Let's just face the facts. We STINK. With that said those who are selling out IMO are NOT true Cowboy Fans in the first place. Can you say 1-15? But who did we beat! That's what I'm talking about!

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I didnt hear those points. Makes a lil more sense, but still the kids revolting against the dad's is typical Jerry speak.

I'm not sure Jerry cares all that much.

He still gets his money and likely more money because the stadium is filled with fans that are paying more

That's why he looks at things like TV ratings, Web site clicks, Harris Interactive Polls, etc.

The mass amount of opposing teams fans at the stadium...whether it is AT&T or the old Texas Stadium...is nothing new. And when the Cowboys do play at opposing teams stadiums over the years those stadiums have been packed with Cowboys fans.

If you really want to send a message to Jerry, stop watching games, don't refer to them as your favorite team in polls or have any reference to them on Facebook, Twitter and other social media and don't visit this site or any other Cowboys related Web sites. This will get the hint that the Cowboys are no longer relevant and he will at least change some things that he does. Removing himself from the GM position is probably going to take a lot more work.

It's like complaining to the captain of the boat, but continuing to row the boat for him.

YR

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jerruh's quotes are starting to get as confusing as good ol' @CCBoy's posts on CZ.

With Jerry Jones, most likely like with myself...there usually isn't much real confusion unless there is something already stirred up in the air.

Care to take anything further to a pm?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As I said before, I have not come across any 49er fans, but the DFW Metroplex is huge, so it is probably happening, as well as other teams.

A few years back or so, maybe more like 5 or 6 years ago. there was a report, actually I think I heard it on the ticket. that there were 1000 people a day moving into the DFW area.
Now they didn't say how many were leaving, but my bet it was far less than coming in. Most of this was due to jobs here compared to around the rest of the country at the time.
So chances are , these 1000 people were fans from other teams more so than cowboys fans moving into the area.

AlterEgo

Reaction score
I understand that a home stadium can be overtaken by the opponent but for it to happen on opening weekend, that's telling, if not insane. Opening weekend is where fans should have hope for the season. It's simply a symptom of a bigger problem.

wileedog

Reaction score
He also said that with California's struggling economy, many Californians have moved to Texas (which is true) and so they are bringing their Niners fandom to the game.
YR

So un-employed ex-Californians are the one's paying $300 a pop for tickets?

Does he even think this stuff through a little before it stumbles out of his mouth?