All we have to do is stop/limit Burress

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I dont believe that ANYONE else on that team can beat us.

Burress has been the only thorn in our side since Tiki left.

If it is up to Manning to beat us with a limited production from Burress then we will win - no doubt.

Their running game wont beat us.
Toomer wont beat us.

Unless their defense plays lights out. We wont lose.

Tony can have much success against their defense.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
They have won six in a row, I think we need to do more than just stop Burress. Manning does look to him for big plays but, he is not their on only offensive weapon.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1748738 said:

If it is up to Manning to beat us with a limited production from Burress then we will win - no doubt.

Toomer wont beat us.

Giants recent success has happened because of the power running game. Both backs Jacobs (5.6 a carry) and Ward (4.4 a carry) are producing right now and helping Manning by taking some of the load off him and allowing him to use play action off the running game. Without the running game they have had recently they would not be on a 6 game win streak. Manning has not been playing great ball

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
DCBoysfan;1748755 said:
They have won six in a row, I think we need to do more than just stop Burress. Manning does look to him for big plays but, he is not their on only offensive weapon.

He is their primary weapon, and Manning's security blanket. IMO he won't be as successful this time around, because of the return of Newman. This will allow us to use a more aggressive defense. Also it has been noted that if you get in Plaxico's head and make a couple of plays against him, he will disappear. I'm more concerned with their running game chewing up yards and making short yardage downs such as 3rd and 1,2's, and 3's.....

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1748764 said:
Giants recent success has happened because of the power running game. Both backs Jacobs (5.6 a carry) and Ward (4.4 a carry) are producing right now and helping Manning by taking some of the load off him and allowing him to use play action off the running game. Without the running game they have had recently they would not be on a 6 game win streak. Manning has not been playing great ball

Yeah but I am talking about their success against us. The last two game I believe we got burnt on first drives by Plax. THAT has to change.

I think we knock out one or two of the RB's -AGAIN

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
dcowboysfan76;1748772 said:
He is their primary weapon, and Manning's security blanket. IMO he won't be as successful this time around, because of the return of Newman. This will allow us to use a more aggressive defense. Also it has been noted that if you get in Plaxico's head and make a couple of plays against him, he will disappear. I'm more concerned with their running game chewing up yards and making short yardage downs such as 3rd and 1,2's, and 3's.....

I thought Toomer was his security blanket?

I agree... you can get in his head.... gotta stop him from taking a bow. I dont like it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1748774 said:
Yeah but I am talking about their success against us. The last two game I believe we got burnt on first drives by Plax. THAT has to change.

Their success happen against a secondary who's top CB was out of the game and a defense playing a new system in the 1st week of the season. No doubt they will take shots with Plax but I don't think Coughlin gets away from what has helped them over this 6 game win streak. This season Manning has almost as many ints 9 as he does TD's 13 and I expect the Giants to try and slow this game down instead of getting into a passing war with us this time. Manning off play action has done well and given the fact both backs are producing I really think the key for Dallas is to shut down the Giants running game and keep Manning in 2nd/3rd and long situations

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
YoMick;1748774 said:

Well the lastgaime, the "knocking" out of a RB was kinda of a fluke...nothing that we actually did to induce the injury.

Jacobs is a freaking load...he seems to always get positive yards, unless it's on a toss play. If you let them control the run game, and wear down our defense, it's going to be a battle. We have to stop them and get our D off the field.

Even though it didn't appear to be the case, we actually let Philly drive too much on us. If it weren't for some really bone headed throws of McFat's, those drives could have been sustained even longer.

Basically whoever controls the line of scrimmage, as is the case with most games, is going to win.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
YoMick;1748779 said:
I thought Toomer was his security blanket?

I agree... you can get in his head.... gotta stop him from taking a bow. I dont like it.

IMO it seems that Plax has become his security blanket because of his ability to go up and get the ball after he lofts up a frisbie....

Silverstar

Reaction score
It's going to be a tough and physical game. We have to match their intensity on the field, because Strahan will be flapping his gums and getting them all fired up. So, we need to score fast and shut them up and the crowd as early as possible.

NO TURNOVERS!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both this and the Washington games are good ones to have "Tank" available. He'll help spell Ratliff and give us another quality body in which to help stop the run.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Silverstar;1748804 said:
It's going to be a tough and physical game. We have to match their intensity on the field, because Strahan will be flapping his gums and getting them all fired up. So, we need to score fast and shut them up and the crowd as early as possible.

NO TURNOVERS!

I don't know about you guys, but I can't see how Strahan can get anyone fired up. I swear, if that guys was yelling at me in the huddle and all I heard was his lisp. "Come on guuyss, leets beet deez guyz."!

I'm pretty sure all I would be doing is laughing at him most the time.

RomoIsBack

Reaction score
YoMick;1748738 said:

Toomer wont beat us.

hold him like we did moss

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
The giants have a very solid inside/out game. Solid running game, solid TE, and a very good WR on the outside. Sound familiar?

Romo is better than Eli and our OL is better than their OL. Also IMO we are better across the board on offense.

The game will come down to defense though. Which team can slow the other one down will win the game. I think we can stop them a few more times then they can stop us. I expect another shoot out with us winning the game in the 4th quarter.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
RomoIsBack;1748822 said:
hold him like we did moss

I don't think we need to double team him like Moss. I think Newman can handle Plax and now with Dallas secondary getting back and healthy I think it will help free up what we can do on the defensive side.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1748782 said:
Their success happen against a secondary who's top CB was out of the game and a defense playing a new system in the 1st week of the season. No doubt they will take shots with Plax but I don't think Coughlin gets away from what has helped them over this 6 game win streak. This season Manning has almost as many ints 9 as he does TD's 13 and I expect the Giants to try and slow this game down instead of getting into a passing war with us this time. Manning off play action has done well and given the fact both backs are producing I really think the key for Dallas is to shut down the Giants running game and keep Manning in 2nd/3rd and long situations

Yeah but that BIG PLAY with Plax was executed on us last year WITH Newman on the field.

Manning seems to get up for us as do others.

We have to get into their backfield. We can catch Jacobs before he gets a head of steam and we can rattle Manning.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1748832 said:
Yeah but that BIG PLAY with Plax was executed on us last year WITH Newman on the field.

Manning seems to get up for us as do others.

We have to get into their backfield. We can catch Jacobs before he gets a head of steam and we can rattle Manning.

That was last year forget last year. NY passing game is not that good and they have relied on the running game. This season the 2 games they got into passing wars on they have lost in the 6 games they have won they had a single RB produced over 100 yard in 4 of those game and in the other 2 they still were having 2 backs putting up 80 to 90 yards each. If Dallas screws up and allows the Giants to run the ball we will not win this game. You don’t produce the rushing numbers they have had during the 6 game win streak and then abandon the run and put your team on the shoulders of a QB who is not playing great football right now.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;1748831 said:
I don't think we need to double team him like Moss. I think Newman can handle Plax and now with Dallas secondary getting back and healthy I think it will help free up what we can do on the defensive side.

Either that or let Newman take Toomer out of the game and then double Plaxico.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1748840 said:
That was last year forget last year. NY passing game is not that good and they have relied on the running game. This season the 2 games they got into passing wars on they have lost in the 6 games they have won they had a single RB produced over 100 yard in 4 of those game and in the other 2 they still were having 2 backs putting up 80 to 90 yards each. If Dallas screws up and allows the Giants to run the ball we will not win this game. You don’t produce the rushing numbers they have had during the 6 game win streak and then abandon the run and put your team on the shoulders of a QB who is not playing great football right now.

Interesting.

But... there is always a but.... the Giants prob are confident(as is Manning and Burress in particular) that they can beat us mixing BIG PLAYS in with the run. I dont like that.