All we have to do is stop/limit Burress

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;1748840 said:
That was last year forget last year. NY passing game is not that good and they have relied on the running game. This season the 2 games they got into passing wars on they have lost in the 6 games they have won they had a single RB produced over 100 yard in 4 of those game and in the other 2 they still were having 2 backs putting up 80 to 90 yards each. If Dallas screws up and allows the Giants to run the ball we will not win this game. You don’t produce the rushing numbers they have had during the 6 game win streak and then abandon the run and put your team on the shoulders of a QB who is not playing great football right now.

True... this isn't the New England offense where the passing game is the killer.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1748844 said:
Either that or let Newman take Toomer out of the game and then double Plaxico.

True. I just like the fact we go into this game with our full secondary intact. I think it allows the DC to do more things.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1748848 said:
Interesting.

But... there is always a but.... the Giants prob are confident(as is Manning and Burress in particular) that they can beat us mixing BIG PLAYS in with the run. I dont like that.

What I'm getting at is Manning seems to do a better job when his running game is working and he can use the play action to slow down the defense. If he is going to straight drop backs he does not seem to do as well. The running game I think really is the key. The numbers during this winning streak really shows how important the run game is and I think it is also a big reason why the Giants defense has improved because they are not on the field all day

RomoIsBack

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1748831 said:
I don't think we need to double team him like Moss. I think Newman can handle Plax and now with Dallas secondary getting back and healthy I think it will help free up what we can do on the defensive side.
YEAH BUT REMEMBER THEY DON'T HAVE WES WALKER

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1748864 said:
What I'm getting at is Manning seems to do a better job when his running game is working and he can use the play action to slow down the defense. If he is going to straight drop backs he does not seem to do as well. The running game I think really is the key. The numbers during this winning streak really shows how important the run game is and I think it is also a big reason why the Giants defense has improved because they are not on the field all day

I get what you are getting at LOL

What I am getting at is.... I have visions of Manning play action to Burress over and over.... I am telling you... those 2 feel they can do that us all day long..... NOW WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO ABOUT IT?!?!?! :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1748887 said:
I get what you are getting at LOL

What I am getting at is.... I have visions of Manning play action to Burress over and over.... I am telling you... those 2 feel they can do that us all day long..... NOW WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO ABOUT IT?!?!?! :D

Well we have our starting secondary back together something that we did not have last time. I say we pick him off and I think we will if we can control the line of scrimmage and stop their running game.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1748891 said:
Well we have our starting secondary back together something that we did not have last time. I say we pick him off and I think we will if we can control the line of scrimmage and stop their running game.

So thats what we are gonna do about it? GOOD!
What are you drinking Heineken or ? :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1748894 said:
So thats what we are gonna do about it? GOOD!
What are you drinking Heineken or ? :D

Just a coke cola for me. :laugh2:

lspain1

Reaction score
It may not seem like it after our last contest, but beating the NYFG is all about stopping the run. If the Giants become one dimensional, we will win. Wade's philosophy about stopping the run first is key in this game IMO. Having Tank to spell Ratliff in the middle should be a BIG help and could not have come at a better time. We'll see.

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
Roy Williams, you have been svcking lately so how about you take one for the team and horse-collar Plexiglass and finish off that bum ankle of his..

The posters (ones with over 400 Posts) at CZ will happily pay your 25k fine........

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
Plax aint the only guy we have to stop..IMO we have more worries then that..

#1 we have to take there crowd away from the game early..

#2 Our DL has to play solid and stop big jacobs, maybe we stack the box

#3 We need to prevent big plays with Plax and Shockey..

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
T.O81;1748954 said:
Plax aint the only guy we have to stop..IMO we have more worries then that..

#1 we have to take there crowd away from the game early..

#2 Our DL has to play solid and stop big jacobs, maybe we stack the box

#3 We need to prevent big plays with Plax and Shockey..
this is #1 on my list. our Dline gets pushed around sometimes and that can't happen against a huge back like jacobs

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I'm happy that Henry and Newman will be together this game.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I'm not worried about anyone running on us. If Ronnie Brown (back when healthy) and Adrian Peterson can't do it, I don't think Jacobs can. Especially with Tank in to help out inside.

And Jaobs will be tapping his hat with a boo-boo every other play anyway.

Let's face it, it's not like they made a ton of great plays last time. They got a 60- or 70-yard cheapie TD when Hamlin and/or Henry blew an assignment. That kind of thing won't happen anymore after seven more weeks of practice.