All we've done is replace Hatcher

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Only thing this signing does is HOPEFULLY replace our best player on D last year. Mind you that Melton has a long way to go to getting those 11.5 sacks.

That being said the defense was a train wreck even with hatcher last year so I think the team still needs to focus on DE. However my #1 pick would be Mosely. We desparately need LB. Lee May have a put up or shut up year if he can't stay healthy. Holloman MAY be a good player but I could go for 3 new starters at LB that aren't on this team.

My only hope is that Wilcox and Heath will be better with a full offseason and thus I don't think we'll go after Pryor or Dix.

Also I only want Martin if I thought we'd run it more but Linehan isn't likely to do that so give me a Kelvin Benjamin or Martin

Basically to sum it up, Melton is nice but that only means the team hasn't regressed from last seasons D which was the situation we were in prior to this. They certainly haven't gotten better yet. And we only stay even par if Melton puts up 11.5 sacks.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Only thing this signing does is HOPEFULLY replace our best player on D last year. Mind you that Melton has a long way to go to getting those 11.5 sacks.

That being said the defense was a train wreck even with hatcher last year so I think the team still needs to focus on DE. However my #1 pick would be Mosely. We desparately need LB. Lee May have a put up or shut up year if he can't stay healthy. Holloman MAY be a good player but I could go for 3 new starters at LB that aren't on this team.

My only hope is that Wilcox and Heath will be better with a full offseason and thus I don't think we'll go after Pryor or Dix.

Also I only want Martin if I thought we'd run it more but Linehan isn't likely to do that so give me a Kelvin Benjamin or Martin

Basically to sum it up, Melton is nice but that only means the team hasn't regressed from last seasons D which was the situation we were in prior to this. They certainly haven't gotten better yet. And we only stay even par if Melton puts up 11.5 sacks.

Why on Earth would you not want Lee starting?

Nation

Reaction score
We are not in desperate need of non-rush linebackers. Actually, no team in the league is.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
At least we got that Melton signing in before the buzzer.

I guess there's always next years off season

Better luck next time I guess. :(

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Not dependable. 4 years 4 injuries. Maybe he just can't handle the workload.

I'll take 10 weeks of Lee over 16 weeks of anyone in this draft.

With that said, when you said starter it implies he is playing. That was my confusion. So if he made it through 16 weeks, you would want him?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

We really need some help at DE now. We cant go into the season with Selvie and Crawford as our DEs.

I am not familiar with the DEs in this draft, is there a DE not named Clowny that is any good and available at 16?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
We might have replaced Hatcher with Melton, but we still haven't replaced Ware yet. But you have to also keep in mind that 1) We had a lot of injured guys and they should be back and healthy, 2) We have a lot of young guys who will have a year more experience, and 3) We have 9-12 draft picks. There's no reason we shouldn't be better than last year. We might still be one of the worst defenses in the league, but we'll definitely be better than last year.

JBond

Reaction score
Mis="Beast_from_East, post: 5485225, member: 3613"]We really need some help at DE now. We cant go into the season with Selvie and Crawford as our DEs.

I am not familiar with the DEs in this draft, is there a DE not named Clowny that is any good and available at 16?[/quote]

Missouri DE Kony

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I'll take 10 weeks of Lee over 16 weeks of anyone in this draft.

With that said, when you said starter it implies he is playing. That was my confusion. So if he made it through 16 weeks, you would want him?

Yes I'd absolutely want him for 16 but the problem is they're counting so much on him to be in there for 16 there's no plan without him so there's always a huge dropoff n the most crucial games.

I'd rather have someone who is a 1/2 step behind lee in terms of talent but will play all 16 rather than have a 2 step dropoff for the final 6 games.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Mis="Beast_from_East, post: 5485225, member: 3613"]We really need some help at DE now. We cant go into the season with Selvie and Crawford as our DEs.

I am not familiar with the DEs in this draft, is there a DE not named Clowny that is any good and available at 16?

Missouri DE Kony[/quote]

Thanks, I will have to check him out.

If we lose Jared Allen, I think our 1st round pick has to be DE.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I haven't given up on him either. One guy with one unknown source says Allen probably won't choose the Cowboys. No need to throw in the towel yet....

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I also think we bring back Brent as part of the DT rotation. There would actually be some pretty decent depth if that were the case. Also it would allow to keep Crawford at DE and give us flexibility to get pass rushers on the field like Seattle does. I think we need a LB or 2 to step up and Wilcox to really make a huge leap. What do you guys think about moving Lee to WLB?( I could have my SLB and WLB mixed up). And have Holloman play MLB like he did against the Eagles.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I also think we bring back Brent as part of the DT rotation. There would actually be some pretty decent depth if that were the case. Also it would allow to keep Crawford at DE and give us flexibility to get pass rushers on the field like Seattle does. I think we need a LB or 2 to step up and Wilcox to really make a huge leap. What do you guys think about moving Lee to WLB?( I could have my SLB and WLB mixed up). And have Holloman play MLB like he did against the Eagles.

Even if Brent "un retires", isn't he still going to face a suspension by the league?

mldardy

Reaction score

I don't really look at it as replacing one guy for another. I look at like we are getting rid of past their prime veterans or veterans who played well in a contract year and we aren't paying for any of that anymore and instead building through the draft and smarter, wiser contract decisions like Melton's.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Even if Brent "un retires", isn't he still going to face a suspension by the league?

Who knows maybe taking a year off from football and doing the outside things he is doing might help in his favor. I think he needs football and he needs Dallas as his family and I think he comes back to honor his friend and take care if his little girl. I think he might get by on "time served" so to speak with the league.