Aloha from the shakey islands!

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
So there I was on the couch, dog at my feet. Game had just started then BOOM - rock n roll time! 6.6 Earthquake,dog freaked out, wife scared sh--less .Just got power back up now, so missed the whole game . We won, but how did we really play? I see there were no sacks - sooo, good game, bad game or what?
No one injured over here on Maui, not sure about the Big Island tho. To all my fellows Islanders, hope you and yours are safe and sound.
Fill me in on the game people!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
kiheikiwi;1093451 said:
So there I was on the couch, dog at my feet. Game had just started then BOOM - rock n roll time! 6.6 Earthquake,dog freaked out, wife scared sh--less .Just got power back up now, so missed the whole game . We won, but how did we really play? I see there were no sacks - sooo, good game, bad game or what?
No one injured over here on Maui, not sure about the Big Island tho. To all my fellows Islanders, hope you and yours are safe and sound.
1. Running game looked great.

2. Defense looked pretty solid and forced turnovers. It's a point of debate whether there was sufficient pressure, but they were getting to Carr -- he was simply making quick(er) decisions.

3. Bledsoe looked horrible in the first half and average in the second.

4. The Oline held up well in pass protection. The two sacks were by delayed blitzes that went unblocked (as delayed blitzes tend to go), but Bledsoe should have avoided them either by throwing them away or side-stepping the defender.

5. Owens looked like the we all hoped he would.

6. Anthony Henry had a really good game. They tried targeting him early but he stepped up and covered his receiver like a blanket.

That's about all I can think of.

Oh, and Romo is the shiznit.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Aloha, it was a bad game for the cowboys whole first half basically, houston lead 6-3 first half.

On houstons first drive they drove all way down to almost endzone, and kicked a field goal, cowboys defensive line was pushed all over the field. Our cowboy offense was horrible basically first half. Bledsoe looked bad.

But second half, things started popping and dallas basically put away the houston texans by end of 3rd quarter. Again, though, dont get too happy because the texans have one of the worst rush defenses against the run in the league. So, to me, we need to get a dominant offensive linemen if we want to go far.

TRUE, we did run over 100 yards, and TO caught 3 TD passes. But again, this was a game the cowboys were suppose to win.

We had like 2-3 interceptions, and a fumble recovery etc. Roy Williams really lit up some texan wrs, and that woke up the cowboys defense some cowboy players said. Anthony Henry really played well, our cb, too, and julious jones rushed over 100 yards again.

Hope that helps, but bledsoe missed some open wrs again.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
kiheikiwi;1093451 said:

Glad you and your wife are okay. As far as the game, the first half was dreadful. The second half was a delight with 3 TO TDs and Romo completing his first passes late in the game (including a TD toss to TO). The defense was pretty awesome despite the fact the pass rush needs to improve.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
The first play of the game summed up Bledsoe. He steps back, we pickup the blitz...except for one guy who comes in (they blitzed more than we had blockers). But Bledsoe doesn't realize that this means someone WILL be open. And instead of throwing it away, he gets sacked.

He had plenty of time, too.

Slammin Bran 23

Reaction score
Glad to hear you, your wife, and your dog are ok. Everything has pretty much already ben explained, but I'll add Philly and Commanders lost.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates, sounds like it wasn't pretty. But hey, I'll take the win. So all is well in as the world turns - for this week. Lets see if we can make it thru till Monday night without some other thing blowing up in the saga of TO...
Good to see the Eagles and Redstinks lost...

J-DOG

Reaction score
Crown Royal;1093512 said:
The first play of the game summed up Bledsoe. He steps back, we pickup the blitz...except for one guy who comes in (they blitzed more than we had blockers). But Bledsoe doesn't realize that this means someone WILL be open. And instead of throwing it away, he gets sacked.

He had plenty of time, too.
That's what will hurt this team eventually.
Bledsoe and his inability to get rid of the ball.

I think it's curious that Romo got to throw the ball today and that one of them was to Owens....
In the past Parcells would never allow that because he would not want the controversy to start but in today game??????
The clock is ticking on Bledsoe.