Always something to complain about

aikemirv

Reaction score
jterrell;2440141 said:
I think we'd all agree we need to continue to improve.

But we can't win a Super Bowl today so don't need to be in Super Bowl form today. All the Cowboys could do yesterday was win one game and that they did. The losing to St. Louis should have taught us to just appreciate the wins instead of turning everyone into some sort of zygote whinebot that demands robotic excellence.

This team is still not healthy, still not jelling in all areas and still not the best it can be but we were this time last season and that got us no where.

I still think there are a lot of people who still have not gotten over the expectations they had at the begining of the season. They expect them to play like the best team in the league and they are clearly not there.

I know I have gotten over mine and I am happy with a win each week because that is what it has become. 1 game at a time - 1 week at a time - 1 win at a time.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
YoMick;2439297 said:
No complaints here.

I just hope that the Rams game doesnt come back to bite us in da arse

I have a feeling if we fail to get to the post season, that game will be the reason, just like the 14-13 loss to the Commanders in 2005 cost us.

We played the Rams the wrong week, they were high off their win at Washington, still trying to show it was their coach's fault they were 1-4, not their's. Jackson also played his best game in two years.

We play them now with Romo and we destroy them by 35.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I agree. Some see the mug half full and ask why? I see the mug half full an ax why not more beer.

We is improving every darn week. And our injuries are healing, slowly but surly.

We cannot help but improve.
What is wacky is that this year, our typical December swoon will be reversed.
We will get on a winning jag and it will carry us with momentems into the playoffs.

And not even Wade can derail this.

Go Cowboys!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2440209 said:
I disagree.

December is a few weeks away. We need to start peaking and playing our best football.

Unlike the 49ers, Pittsburgh and New York will provide a great test to see where we are.

Furthermore, mentioning the St. Louis loss is very misleading as we didn't have Tony Romo.

Also, if you want to see Whinebots, just check out the Gameday threads when the Cowboys were lethargic on Offense yesterday or when we were down 7-0 against the Commanders last week.

It isn't even December yet but we need to play our best football in the playoffs, especially when we play the Giants for a 3rd time if that occurs.

No one is asking people to celebrate when TR throws a pick or we get beat deep for a TD. I am talking about after the game when we won by 12 but really had the game convincingly won by half-time. Yet we still get moaning and crying like this team just cost them their kids tuition. FWIW, I believe the even covered the spread....

zeromaster

Reaction score
Biggems;2439307 said:
I am more upset about the Zona game...we had that game.....The Rams completely beat us down like we were a white boxer.
Like Hatton or Calzaghe?
:lmao:

joseephuss

Reaction score
I will complain about whichever coach is in the box telling Wade to challenge plays that are clearly the correct calls on the field. Learn the rules of the game or get glasses. Dallas has wasted a few challenges over the last couple of years that I knew would not be overturned. I should not know the interpretation of the rules better than the coaches.

CowboyMark

Reaction score
A great man once said "You can please some of the people all the time. You can please all of the people some of the time. But you can't please all the people all the time". Makes sense.

Swolt

Reaction score
wayne motley;2438900 said:
Some fans always find something to complain about.

I've done my fair share of complaining about SS Roy Williams, an OL that isn't dominant, a kickoff coverage team that doesn't get down the field, and a defense that didn't play like they really wanted to hit anyone for a few weeks. Keith Davis still scares me, but he's playing better than I hoped, the OL is so much better when Proctor isn't on the field, the defense has made a total turn-around and is making some big hits, and the coverage team was really solid today.

But come on guys....what's not to like lately? One week, people complain we don't take enough downfield shots...this week we complain that we didn't throw shorter passes. One week we complain because we try to run too much...another week we don't run enough.

There is another team out there. SF played about as well as they can today. They beat the living crap out of the Rams last week and came in with a little confidence. Like our defense, they loaded up to stop our run game...Singletary is old school and knows you win by running and stopping the run.

With 8 men in the box, yes, it was damn hard to run the ball and get everyone blocked, but the offense held up pretty well and kept running, and we didn't get hit in the backfield much. Having that many guys up short meant the place to attack was deep, and that's what we did.

Washington wanted to take away our receivers and did a pretty good job of that, but they didn't dream we could run the ball down their throats. SF decided not to have the ball run down their throats (which had been a weakness), so they were vulnerable deep. You take what the defense gives you.

Our defense played great today for most of the game.

This was a great win, stringing two together and gaining in more confidence.

All we need now is to blast Seattle on T-Day, and we'll have a week and a half to get ready for the Steelers. I believe the key to that game will be solid special teams and protecting the football. Our defense can take advantage of their OL...we should be hitting Rothlesberger a lot (just about everyone has), and we can stop their running game. I think their defense is even more dangerous than their offense, and we must not turn the ball over.

Patience can result in a win in Pittsburgh. I'd run TNew with Hines all day like he did with Moss, and I'd make sure there's safety help behind their deep threat, Washington (I think).

Let's enjoy the victory guys...from a season on the brinks of total disaster, we are now 7-4, waiting on Thanksgiving, and getting better every week.

Go Cowboys :star:

By the way, my wish list for the offseason: 1-2 OGs, NT, SS, ILB, in any order.

Basically that is what these boards are for, to root for the :star:Boy's and to complain:laugh2: