Am I Done Mocking? Apparently Not. Mock 7.0

Rush 2112

Reaction score
PullMyFinger;2725563 said:
I hope Thomas isnt there in rd 4, he'd be lucky if he was 5'9". Draft a receiver that is going to be a receiver and I have no prob drafting Thomas also. He's a one trick pony.

He will be too easily overwhelmed (size mismatches) in the NFL IMO.

Steve Smith, Santana Moss, DeSean Jackson.

VACowboy

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2725254 said:
:bow: :bow:

Switch McCourty and Jason Williams and this will make me say "We are going 19-0"..Jason Williams can actually be turned ILB instead of OLB and cover the TE's and rush the passer. Please send this to Jerry..seriously...

SLATEmosphere;2725254 said:
I looked at some Jason Williams videos and he look extremely thin to me..He actually looks like a safety haha..he's got really skinny legs and he just doesn't look like he could last at ILB..I'm looking for one that can contribute this year and eventually take over full time.

Dood, make up your mind. :rolleyes:

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
VACowboy;2725667 said:

wow Hostile, you wanted mike williams the wr?

another question Hostile, isnt jason williams suppose to go higher, say like the 4th round at least? I am not knocking your draft I like it,

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
VACowboy;2725667 said:

If you look on those dates they are about 2 weeks apart..That was my first impression of him when looking at him on video. Since then I've actually watched him play and he proved me wrong.

What's your problem? Did I ruffle your feathers at one point? wow stalking my every word Dood.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
My fave of the 7 as well.

These mocks are why I am so hopeful we do lose Austin for pick 52. Getting 2 of the best 50 players in the draft appeals to me a great deal and while I like Austin's potential he isn't all that far ahead of a rookie WR.

BTW, I think Jason Williams can play both ILB and OLB as a 5th LB for us. He could be an ILB behind Brookings and the 3rd/4th OLB behind Ware/Spencer/draftee or Ellis.

ghst187

Reaction score
I'd take that Draft in a heartbeat. We'd need to pick up a FA WR, preferrably Holt. And if we lost Austin like this scenario assumes, I'd like to pick two WRs, one like Thomas or Wallace that can return kicks and another like Barden or Iglesias.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Sitting Bull;2725614 said:
If Jenkins over Cason didn't do it, nothing will. I was pretty upset over that one and I didn't go to UofA.

Excellent mock. I would pass out if we landed your first three. I'd like a WR earlier but if we were to lose Austin, I think we fill via FA or trade and pick BPA with Jets pick. Those three would be dream BPA.
Thanks for the backup.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2725687 said:
wow Hostile, you wanted mike williams the wr?

another question Hostile, isnt jason williams suppose to go higher, say like the 4th round at least? I am not knocking your draft I like it,
Players always drop. If you look at most Draft sites they have more than 32 1st round picks, and the same with each succeeding round. He could very easily rise if someone has him in the 3rd on their board. You never know past the first 2 or 3 picks.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hostile;2725177 said:
In this one, I have a feeling that we will also have pick #52 courtesy of the Jets. So I am including an extra pick for now, though I believe when all is said and done we will pick about 7 to 8 players, not 11 or 12.

Yeah thats why I havent posted any mocks, simply because I knew there were some things (like Austin perhaps signing and leaving) that could still happen. One thing people keep forgetting is the Jets can make any offer they want to Austin, but unless Austin actually SIGNS it, nothing happens. I say that because maybe the Jets do want him, but might make him an offer that he believes isnt enough to warrant leaving. Just because they make an offer doesnt mean he has to accept it.

If Austin does leave, I think they'll be pretty aggressive trying to move up to nab a WR earlier rather than later.

2nd round...Pick #51...Louis Delmas, FS, Western Michigan, 5'11", 202. He is high on the list of players the Cowboys expect to be there at 51. He is a solid tackler. 100 tackles in 2008 to go along with 4 picks and one score. He's not my favorite Safety option, but he is one I think we may look closely at.

I'm ok with Delmas, and while he probably has more upside I still like Rashad Johnson more, especially for our team. Ultimately they probably cant go wrong with either.

2nd round (from New York)...Pick #52...Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma, 6'5", 329. I am convinced he is an instant starter, solves the problems at LG for the next 10 years. Kosier and Holland become the primary backups and we run all over people. I would trade up in the 2nd to get him if we had to. The first 2 picks could flip flop as OGs generally get lesser offers than DBs.

I just dont believe they'll pick an interior OL this high, especially when they have Davis, Kosier and Holland at guard already. Tackle is more of a concern than the interior OL spots. I'm also not convinced he's an instant starter either. I definitely would NOT trade up for this guy (or any other interior OL)

3rd round (from Cleveland)...Pick #69...Lawrence Sidbury, DE/OLB, Richmond, 6'2", 265. This guy is from a small school but is all about production. 6.5 sacks and 14.5 tackles for loss. He never stops coming for the ball. His only negative is the small school, but don't let that stop anyone. I cannot stop thinking he is a day 2 steal that we will not pass up.

I do think we'll take one of these. (ie, pass rushing OLB) I also think Ellis is outta here in two weeks. Sidbury has nice upside and can be a decent situational pass rusher spelling Spencer and Ware for some plays here and there.

4th round (from Detroit)...Pick #101...Jason McCourty, CB, Rutgers, 6'0", 193. Looking for yet another CB steal on Day 2. Here is a guy who fits the bill. At his Pro Day he ran a 4.30 time in the 40. 6 pass break ups and 59 tackles add to the intrigue.

top of the 4th rd seems quite early for this guy.

4th round...Pick #117...Mike Thomas, WR, Arizona, 5'9", 187. A big time Punt Return threat who also has guts. Isn't afraid to go over the middle. Not likely to be a star, but can develop into a 3rd WR in the slot. We need to fill that spot. This kid can develop and will push Crayton. A leader. This guy is the perfect fit for this WR corps. I think the Cowboys want Robiskie from Ohio State but not in the 2nd round. This is a good compensation for missing out on Robiskie.

I know you love this guy

5th round...Pick #156...Daniel Holtzclaw, ILB, Eastern Michigan 6'1", 245. I know the Cowboys like Beckwith, but I think with the Safeties falling they pass on him and wait on ILB. This is a guy who is a phenomenal tackler with great leadership skills. Quite possibly my favorite pet cat player this year.

ok

5th round (from Tennessee)...Pick #166...Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston State, 6'2", 218. It is time to develop some QB depth. A good 3rd string QB who could develop for the future. Talent is not a question. Accepted money from a booster and got expelled. No boosters in the NFL. He is the QB I think best fits our system and has a chance to progress. The Cowboys very much like Tom Brandstater and could take him later unless Bomar falls here as I think he will.

Still not convinced they'll take a QB.

5th round (Compensatory)...Pick #172...Roy Miller, NT, Texas, 6'2", 312. He had an impressive Pro Day 40 time of 4.93. Amazing for his size. I do not believe the Junior Siavii hype for backing up Ratliff. In previous Mocks I had Myron Pryor of Kentucky later in the Draft. Miller's Pro Day pushes him up. Oh yeah, 36 reps of 225 doesnt hurt either.

ok

6th round (from Miami)...Pick #197...Jason Williams, OLB, Western Illinois, 6'1", 235. The Cowboys love this guy and this kid has good tools. Over 100 tackles, 8 sacks, and 16.5 tackles for loss. You may ask about 2 OLBs in one Draft if we take Sidbury. I think Ellis is as good as gone. OLB is a depth need.

I think he'll go a little earlier than this now.

6th round (Compensatory)...Pick #208...Andrew Gardner, OT, Georgia Tech, 6'7", 304. He needs to bulk up, but he is a solid worker who used to block for Tashard Choice. Has the mentality to be a true Pro. For a big man is surprisingly quick. Ran a 4.96 in the 40. Has great skills. The strength program would be his main assignment right away. Depth.

I wouldnt say he has "great" skills, but wouldnt be a bad add in the 6th rd

7th round (from Detroit)...Pick #210...[/B]Dallas Reynolds, C, BYU, 6'5", 328. Depth across OL is needed badly. Don't even try to argue with me about his name. Fits this team. He is versatile. Can play all 5 OL positions.

ok

7th round...Pick #227...Robert Haynes, CB, Michigan Tech, 5'9", 191. We need 2 CBs in this Draft and we will probably take one higher than this, but there was value earlier and Haynes is a relative unknown. He has good quickness from a 4.44 time in the 40 and his closing speed is decent.

ok

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Rush 2112;2725649 said:
Steve Smith, Santana Moss, DeSean Jackson.

exceptions, not the norm

all of those had alot more pure talent than Thomas has too

Silverstar

Reaction score
BAT;2725211 said:
McCourty & Williams would have to be flipped, but I could live with this draft.

Agreed.

Williams to me, represents what scouts call a "twitcher" type of player. If he had been invited to the combine, he would've simply killed IMO. He's definitely in the top 100 and climbing. If we wait for pick #101...it'll be too late.

I simply don't like what Robinson and Delmas bring to the table in the 2nd round, but I like the Sidbury, Miller and Gardner picks.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
dbair1967;2726289 said:
exceptions, not the norm

all of those had alot more pure talent than Thomas has too

Just because you say it doesn't make it a fact.

visionary

Reaction score
great job hos
you give me this draft and I will be happy draft day