Am I the only one encouraged by Gallup beating Apple like a drum?

KingRah

Reaction score
We already have Cooper drawing attention and looking like a number 1. Imagine if Gallup continues to play the way he did today? He should've had 100 and da td if dak doesn't over throw his 5th td.
Zeke didn't dominate, but Tyron was out too. I'm encouraged. If this line gets healthy in December, we can make a run.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
Yes I am! Gallup has been getting better each game, and has the hands and ball skills to make tough catches. He runs GREAT routes, and gets open downfield, sometimes ball is overthrown or he would have had more yds/TDs over the past few games. Really since WR1 arrived.

KingRah

Reaction score
Yes I am! Gallup has been getting better each game, and has the hands and ball skills to make tough catches. He runs GREAT routes, and gets open downfield, sometimes ball is overthrown or he would have had more yds/TDs over the past few games. Really since WR1 arrived.
He's a nice number 2. He's more talented than T Will. I just have a slight issue with this staff. They don't always use their personal right. They send Gallup Deep more than Cooper. They never sent D Thompson deep. They used him like a possession receiver. He didn't run one deep route while here. I think Gallup can get deep on double moves, but against a top corner with speed, that won't work. We need to send both him and Cooper on crossing and in routes. We need to send Cooper deep more often.
Honestly, we need a two game stretch where we win through the air to put that in opponents minds that we can and will do it. That'll make it easier for Zeke. Every 2 or 3 games, we need to pass for 300. That'll give zekes body a slight break.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Encouraged by the progress that He's shown this season : Yes
Encouraged because He beat Apple : No, Apple is utterly awful.

KingRah

Reaction score
Encouraged by the progress that He's shown this season : Yes
Encouraged because He beat Apple : No, Apple is utterly awful.
He's going to get one on one every single game unless zeke gets hurt. Showing he can get deep on a guy who runs 4.40 is encouraging. I still think they go to him a little too much. Beasley needs to be the 2nd option in the passing game.

Londonboy

Reaction score
He's going to get one on one every single game unless zeke gets hurt. Showing he can get deep on a guy who runs 4.40 is encouraging. I still think they go to him a little too much. Beasley needs to be the 2nd option in the passing game.
Agree that He's gonna get lotsa 1 on 1 ops (probably a good many against no.2 corners), He's got an opportunity to shine.
Apple's legs are fine, but his head is an absolute mess, he could run a 4.2 and it wouldn't matter, He shows no sign at all that He knows what he's doing, the giants blew that pick and decided to cut their losses, I can see him costing the saints a SB shot down the line.

KingRah

Reaction score
Agree that He's gonna get lotsa 1 on 1 ops (probably a good many against no.2 corners), He's got an opportunity to shine.
Apple's legs are fine, but his head is an absolute mess, he could run a 4.2 and it wouldn't matter, He shows no sign at all that He knows what he's doing, the giants blew that pick and decided to cut their losses, I can see him costing the saints a SB shot down the line.
He’s playing bad. He’s played good before. The pint is, he dominated a talented long corner. He had 76 yards and was overthrown on a deep td. He played well enough to get 115 yards and a td.

KingRah

Reaction score
Imagine Rodgers replacing dak. What would their numbers be? That’s what I think about. Gallup has more speed than Rodgers number one wr. Cooper has way more speed and better route running. then their whole team. This offense has rams potential. The plays are there to be made.

KingRah

Reaction score
We scored 13 but had the ball at the one. We would’ve easily scored acts and got 20 if we wanted. Dak overthrew Gallup on a td wnd fumbled. That’s at least 17 more points. I’m emcouraged by that. I just hope it goes from could’ve been to explosive offense at some pint while we still have these guys for cheap.