Am I the only one who thinks of Dash Riprock every time they say Dak Prescott?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Only us old farts will remember that!

R.I.P. the great Max Baer you ole double naught spy you!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yeah no.

FYI, Max is still alive
Well I'll be doggone he is! And living in Oakland no less.. My daughter is with the Oakland Ballet Company so I go there 5-6 times a year for her performances. And of course to do dad stuff. You know.. take her grocery shopping, check the fluids in the car, all that fix stuff around her apartment!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I did. Was this on an episode?
He was mentioned on multiple episodes over the years. Jethro was always trying to get into show business and his favorite actor was "Dash Riprock." He was constantly talking about him and dressing up like him. I think the character was never supposed to actually be on the show but in season three they brought in "the real Dash Riprock" as a suitor to Ellie Mae... but he's really only interested in the Clampetts' money and somehow manages to get Ellie Mae confused with "Miss Hathaway" and ends up pursuing her instead. At least that's how I remember it.. It has been a good 40 years since I watched the show with any regularity.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Anyway.. mission accomplished.. Now you're all going to be thinking of Dash Riprock every time they say Dak's name the rest of the season! LOL!

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He was mentioned on multiple episodes over the years. Jethro was always trying to get into show business and his favorite actor was "Dash Riprock." He was constantly talking about him and dressing up like him. I think the character was never supposed to actually be on the show but in season three they brought in "the real Dash Riprock" as a suitor to Ellie Mae... but he's really only interested in the Clampetts' money and somehow manages to get Ellie Mae confused with "Miss Hathaway" and ends up pursuing her instead. At least that's how I remember it.. It has been a good 40 years since I watched the show with any regularity.
lol. You were a more dedicated watcher than me. Although I have caught an episode recently on MeTV.

StarGazer1

Reaction score
The Beverly Hillbillies show was a must watch show, but you only had 3 channels to watch back then. We had it tough when we were kids, but we liked it…we loved it!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Anyway.. mission accomplished.. Now you're all going to be thinking of Dash Riprock every time they say Dak's name the rest of the season! LOL!
Only because it rhymes with Ripcock.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
Legit thought this was going to be about the rock band during the 80s and 90s.