Am I way off base here?

50cent

Reaction score
Just glancing at our defensive players. if Ware and Spears pan out with what they were brought here for, we are a bone crushing MLB away from being one of those intimidating defenses. Ware creating havoc in the backfield with Spears, Glover, Canty, and Ferguson, along with Roy in the secondary. We just need one cerebral player that knows his assignments that can knock the shyt out of backs and receivers coming acroos the middle to give DCs nightmares.

Now this all hinges on the development of Ware and Spears, but I dont really think that its out of the realm of possibility that our defense in the next couple of years can shout down offenses and flat out scare the piss out of em with our hard hitters.

This year, I only see James as a guy that can actually deliver those bone crushing hits, but he is reported to getting lost too much. Shanle is more of a guy that will be in place at all tmes, but I just don't see him putting fear in ball carriers eyes ala Trotter, Lewis, or even Bruschi for that much. I'm pulling for James to finally show up, but I won't be disappointed if Shanle starts, because I was impressed with his play last year.

All that being said, Ahmad Brooks just needs to fall to us next year, point blank!

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
We have already have a MLB, Dat Nguyen. People dont pay any attention yet he has led this team in tackles for 3 straight years and was snubbed for the PB the last 2. The man can play.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
You're way off base. ;)

:)

Actually, my only gripe with damn near everyone since the draft, is the expectation that every guy we drafted is going to be a star.

They have what seems to be a solid upside...lots of potential...but they haven't even set foot on an NFL field yet...

So, let's wait to see what we have first.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
You're way off base. ;)

Actually, my only gripe with damn near everyone since the draft, is the expectation that every guy we drafted is going to be a star.

They have what seems to be a solid upside...lots of potential...but they haven't even set foot on an NFL field yet...

I don't expect a monster LT-type year from Ware, but I bet some fans do because of the off-the-cuff comments Coach Parcells made after the draft.

I don't think that was fair to Demarcus.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
You're way off base. ;)

Spoil sport... :p:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Alexander said:
I don't expect a monster LT-type year from Ware, but I bet some fans do because of the off-the-cuff comments Coach Parcells made after the draft.

I don't think that was fair to Demarcus.

On the nosey...surprising for a guy like Parcells to make the statement...it sounded like the typical post-draft hype we always got from Jerry...

It would be phenomenal if ALL of the top picks made the grade...Ware, Spears, Burnett, Canty...It'll be a great draft if that's the case...it's just not often the case in the NFL that all four top picks become impact players.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
We have already have a MLB, Dat Nguyen. People dont pay any attention yet he has led this team in tackles for 3 straight years and was snubbed for the PB the last 2. The man can play.

we all know dat can play and anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant. but with the new 3-4 defense we need another big guy to pair with dat.

Alexander

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
On the nosey...surprising for a guy like Parcells to make the statement...it sounded like the typical post-draft hype we always got from Jerry...

It would be phenomenal if ALL of the top picks made the grade...Ware, Spears, Burnett, Canty...It'll be a great draft if that's the case...it's just not often the case in the NFL that all four top picks become impact players.

No kidding.

I fully expected the uhs and lip smacks.

"Ummm---DerMercus Ware---ummm--{lipsmack}---umm---rerminded me and Bill of a young---err---{lipsmack}---Lerrence Taylor."

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark said:
Spoil sport... :p:

:moon:

I just don't like to be careless with my comments...

"Women and children can afford to be careless but not men"

OK, what movie was that from?

50cent

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, Dat is a fixture in this defense because he sniffs out plays before they happen, which actually takes his jarring hits away. He's going no where. My thought was a guy that has to go heads up with a RB and the back crumbles befroe the hit. Ware doesn't have to have a LT year nor does Spears have to have a Peppers type season, they just have to develop, but an intimidator in the middle( a guy that hits you and you go backwards) is what I'm talking about. We can't have 11 play makers, because quite honest Roy didn't make too many plays (Int, FF, FR), but you best damn bet every DC knew where he was lined up because of his rep. Thats the type of MLB I'm talking about.

50cent

Reaction score
da_boyz_mk said:
we all know dat can play and anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant. but with the new 3-4 defense we need another big guy to pair with dat.
Exactly

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Alexander said:
No kidding.

I fully expected the uhs and lip smacks.

"Ummm---DerMercus Ware---ummm--{lipsmack}---umm---rerminded me and Bill of a young---err---{lipsmack}---Lerrence Taylor."

Yeah with THAT look where he kinda scrunches up his already pre-scrunched face in an effort to look sincere.

I think Parcells must have forgotten he is the coach when he made that comment. Ya know, it just sounded like the kinda comment the GM makes while the coach cringes behind the scenes.

Ya know, for a guy who has a gag order on his coaches, Mr Parcells sure does flap his lips alot.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99 said:
"Women and children can afford to be careless but not men"

OK, what movie was that from?
152602_1.jpg

Alexander

Reaction score
Juke99 said:

Yeah with THAT look where he kinda scrunches up his already pre-scrunched face in an effort to look sincere.

The wink. Don't forget the wink.

I think Parcells must have forgotten he is the coach when he made that comment. Ya know, it just sounded like the kinda comment the GM makes while the coach cringes behind the scenes.

Ya know, for a guy who has a gag order on his coaches, Mr Parcells sure does flap his lips alot.

That is one thing I wish he never said.

Ware will have that hanging over his head forever. Right or wrong.

I hope Coach Parcells is right, but chances are when you compare a player to the best of all time, expectations are going to fall short. And you know that some fan will let Demarcus know all about it coming off the field going down the tunnel.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Alexander said:
I don't think there is a bad line of dialogue in that entire film.

And it's one of the few films that actually had a decent sequel.

If you don't own the box set, it's worth it just for the extra DVD featuring out-takes, Coppola's insights, etc.

Great great movie. Probably my fav.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Alexander said:
The wink. Don't forget the wink.

That is one thing I wish he never said.

Ware will have that hanging over his head forever. Right or wrong.

I hope Coach Parcells is right, but chances are when you compare a player to the best of all time, expectations are going to fall short. And you know that some fan will let Demarcus know all about it coming off the field going down the tunnel.

Well, if Ware is smart, when he gets razzed too often, he should just approach Parcells and say, "Who is this LT guy anyway?"