Amani Hooker, Iowa

tm1119

Reaction score
Big fan of Amani Hooker...Fits nicely in the modern positionless D the NFL is trending towards. He can cover 1 on 1, looks comfortable in a zone, and has the size and lack of fear needed to play the run.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I'll take him... I'm sick of Heath. I like X. Woods and this guy as a nice combo on the back end.

MaaS

Reaction score
I think we'd play Hooker at SS rather than FS. He can certainly play center field, but his play in run support is equally if not more impressive.

His game is so well rounded that I'd be surprised if he makes it to 58. But, the entire league missed so so badly on Desmond King, they may do it again.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Looks like he's a 4.6 (40) guy, so he'll drop in the draft. I'd play him SS, but he's versatile and his instincts are his best trait, imo. Would fit well with X. Woods as an interchangeable Safety, but I don't think he'd beat out Heath.

Earliest: 4th round
Sweet spot: 5th round
Steal: 6th round

cnuball21

Reaction score
Looks like he's a 4.6 (40) guy, so he'll drop in the draft. I'd play him SS, but he's versatile and his instincts are his best trait, imo. Would fit well with X. Woods as an interchangeable Safety, but I don't think he'd beat out Heath.

Yea, anxious to see how he runs.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

Yea, agree with this.

I don't think he's a guy you take at 58. Even in his highlight reel, he doesn't look fast. He's got good awareness and ball skills, but doesn't seem explosive enough to do that at the NFL level.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
He doesnt fit our system...we are looking for guys that can drop back in coverage and tackle after the catch.....not get interceptions

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
play him at FS

probably at 58

He'll need to run well.

The Cowboys put the SS in difficult matchups this season in terms of 1 on 1 coverage.

There are a lot of LB/Safety tweeners that don't run well enough as full time NFL Safeties but that are top small to play LB [i.e. The Kavon Frazier types).

It would be great to have a guy that tackles like Hooker and he appears to have some ball skills.