Amari Cooper achieves another 1k+ season

stiletto

Reaction score
Name a great receiver who plays bad on the road though...every game almost?

Amari hasn't been bad on the road this year, that's bunk. Hurt most of last year.. 1st year only a part season.. destroyed the NFC East. Gtfoh with this lame analysis...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You show love for the game by showing up in big moments, not disappearing in road games or games against top corners.

No, that's not love, that's performance. Love is an emotion, I can love driving but it doesn't mean I can be Mario Andretti. I can love lifting weights but it doesn't mean I can out-lift an Olympic weight lifter.

Somebody that only plays for the money can have great stats as well. Randy Moss said he sometimes took plays off, is that showing love for the game? No, but he was one of the best receivers in the league for years, with great performances in games.

Love and "showing up in games" can be two different things...

dacoming

Reaction score
No, that's not love, that's performance. Love is an emotion, I can love driving but it doesn't mean I can be Mario Andretti. I can love lifting weights but it doesn't mean I can out-lift an Olympic weight lifter.

Somebody that only plays for the money can have great stats as well. Randy Moss said he sometimes took plays off, is that showing love for the game? No, but he was one of the best receivers in the league for years, with great performances in games.

Love and "showing up in games" can be two different things...
Well said, I can respect that.

dacoming

Reaction score
Amari hasn't been bad on the road this year, that's bunk. Hurt most of last year.. 1st year only a part season.. destroyed the NFC East. Gtfoh with this lame analysis...
He plays good against the NFC EAST, I'll give him that. We'll see what he does if we make the playoffs. I hope he does well.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He plays good against the NFC EAST, I'll give him that. We'll see what he does if we make the playoffs. I hope he does well.

Maybe he's like some players who don't practice well, or intently, but come game time they "turn it on". Is "saving" himself for playoff games, in other words.

Though he's had 2 playoff games with Dallas and did only okay, might be wishful thinking on my part, he does have an experienced Gallup and also Lamb now, if he only pulls more coverage to himself which lets the other two shine he's still valuable....

Johnny23

Reaction score
No one has ever said he's not good. Especially those who have criticized him and questioned his demeanor. Especially if like myself you have followed his whole career. I love him kicking *** and taking names.. it's about stepping up and being consistent with the ability you know he's got.

It's just unfortunate it's a down year. I think it's fantastic he's having a Nuke Hopkins Hopkins year like this. We know he's ready to roll.

dacoming

Reaction score
Maybe he's like some players who don't practice well, or intently, but come game time they "turn it on". Is "saving" himself for playoff games, in other words.

Though he's had 2 playoff games with Dallas and did only okay, might be wishful thinking on my part, he does have an experienced Gallup and also Lamb now, if he only pulls more coverage to himself which lets the other two shine he's still valuable....
Like I said, I really like Cooper. I'm not saying he's not good. I'm a Michael Irvin fan so maybe I'm unfairly holding him to that leadership standard. I think we'd be making a big mistake letting Gallup walk though

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Like I said, I really like Cooper. I'm not saying he's not good. I'm a Michael Irvin fan so maybe I'm unfairly holding him to that leadership standard. I think we'd be making a big mistake letting Gallup walk though

Continuity in your position groups is to me a big advantage, more so on the o-line but it certainly applies in any area. I don't think anyone would disagree that Dallas as they stand now has one of the top receiving corps in the league, and if Jarwin comes back at or near 100% I think he will only add to that.

I'd do whatever it takes to keep Cooper, Gallup and Lamb around for at least another 4-5 years....

dacoming

Reaction score
Continuity in your position groups is to me a big advantage, more so on the o-line but it certainly applies in any area. I don't think anyone would disagree that Dallas as they stand now has one of the top receiving corps in the league, and if Jarwin comes back at or near 100% I think he will only add to that.

I'd do whatever it takes to keep Cooper, Gallup and Lamb around for at least another 4-5 years....
It'll be tough to keep all three

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It'll be tough to keep all three

I don't think so. Cooper is under contract until 2025, Lamb until 2024. Gallup until 2022, at which time the cap will probably be back up to the current level, if not more. 2021 is an
anomaly, think we can safely disregard it. Signing Gallup will be expensive, no doubt, but who's to say Dallas can't get another one like him? He was a third rounder, not a high pick.

Dallas has 2 years to find another Gallup. Or Cooper...

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
That's a great point, but I also see what Diggs is doing after leaving Minnesota with Thielen. Gallup has #1 potential. I never saw #1 with Juju

Gallup is not slicing double teams or beating the best defenders. He’s doing well against the number 2 cornerback.