Twitter: Amari Cooper: I just feel like this is the place for me

Rayman70

Reaction score
THEN SHOW US AMARI. Do not vanish. You wanna be here? SHOW US. Love your game, but now is that time.

CWR

Reaction score
Everyone tripping about Coop leaving should relax. Not just because of this statement, but hes been happy here since arriving. When he left the Raiders the team was a disaster and he was being completely wasted. Yall talk about how awful this team has been and why he wouldn't want to continue here, but fail to consider he's truly been on the other side of the coin and even as things stand now we are no where near as dysfunctional as the Raiders were. More importantly JJ didn't burn a first on him to let him walk. What he's done for Dak and the passing game hasn't gone unnoticed.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Not according to at least 30 posters here who were adamant that the team make him prove it for 2 years before discussing a new contract. Hindsight!!!

Seriously everybody wants to act like they're top notch forum GMs pretending like they knew how great this deal would've been. Yeah right...
I remember how insane this forum went with people talking crap about how we got fleeced, etc, etc there wasn't many of us who like the trade at the beginning. Not only that but Coop had RECORD BREAKING drops like the year prior and everybody was seriously concerned about it continuing here. Cowboys did the smart thing letting him prove it anybody saying otherwise is just being ********.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Possibly a facade. What else is he supposed to say? He also goes above and beyond in his answer instead of a simple yes or no. Quite the deep character this guy is. Thoughts?

Cooper needs to study Dez and see where Dallas drew the line with him.

If he continues to show injuries and decreased production he will not collect any contract he signs.

Its early yet with him but we.need to be careful with him.

Oakland got rid of him for a reason.

He started out Pro Bowl his first 2 years then he fell off pretty badly.

David Carr is in my opinion better than Dak and he could not save him.

Beware.

Last edited:

ghst187

Reaction score
He forgot the caveat...”as long as they offer me more money than everyone else”

Proof

Reaction score
Cooper needs to study Dez and see where Dallas drew the line with him.

If he continues to show injuries and decreased production he will not collect any contract he signs.

Its early yet with him but we.need to be careful with him.

Oakland got rid of him for a reason.

He started out Pro Bowl his first 2 years then he fell off pretty badly.

David Carr is in my opinion better than Dak and he could not save him.

Beware.

Bad post, bad opinions.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Well, I like him, he has shown out every game. And had it not been for coop, we would have imploded last season. To me he's very quite, reserved even but put's it on the playing field. IMO when he is healthy, no corner or safety can cover him...pay the man

Proof

Reaction score
Right.

Do not think they are.

Besides I do my best posts after the nurse brings me my pain killers.

Burp.

may want to up the dosage. The Raiders let him go because Gruden wanted to completely re-tool via draft picks. Did you forget he also traded Khalil Mack?

Also Dak is much much better than Derek Carr and not only has Amari outperformed his down year in Oakland, he's also out performed his first 2 pro bowl years. He's a stud, getting him was a coup, and never, ever, ever base an opinion on what the Raiders do

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He likes it here fine but he wants to be paid like the best WR in the league. The notion he won't negotiate a contract is skewed. he wants to be here but not at a discount or team friendly deal.

I have not seen anything on his trade demands. Can you point me towards his contract positions? I had not realized he was demanding top WR money.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
may want to up the dosage. The Raiders let him go because Gruden wanted to completely re-tool via draft picks. Did you forget he also traded Khalil Mack?

Also Dak is much much better than Derek Carr and not only has Amari outperformed his down year in Oakland, he's also out performed his first 2 pro bowl years. He's a stud, getting him was a coup, and never, ever, ever base an opinion on what the Raiders do

Upping med dose so I can see if I agree with your posts.

Amari was released becuz he had fallen completely off in Oakland. Dropped passes, etc. He was also dealing with nagging injuries like he is now for us. Do not think he will last the year.

As far as Oakland..they have improved under Gruden and I like Chuckie. That scowl is intense. Prefer it over Garrett clapping all game.

Yes he let Mack go for cap reasons. Same reason we will to becuz we can not sign everybody next year. So watch what you believe.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Which do you pretend to be here in the Forum?

Honk honk.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Funny his agent is putting out the exact opposite message.
That is because his agent's job is to get as much $ as possible for his client. Saying you want to only be at one place limits your negotiation. As far as his agent goes, there are 31 other possibilities and everyone is interested.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have not seen anything on his trade demands. Can you point me towards his contract positions? I had not realized he was demanding top WR money.

Right now everything's in flux untill he decides who will represent him. There was talk of him wanting 20 a year during the summer. That's about market right now, will probably go up as top receivers sign.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We don't know what he wants. The media assumes he is demanding top WR money, and certainly it's reasonable to think he will expect something at least in the general neighborhood, but the media doesn't know what he is demanding, or even if he has made any demands. They are just trying to suck in readers and listeners.

Proof

Reaction score
Upping med dose so I can see if I agree with your posts.

Amari was released becuz he had fallen completely off in Oakland. Dropped passes, etc. He was also dealing with nagging injuries like he is now for us. Do not think he will last the year.

As far as Oakland..they have improved under Gruden and I like Chuckie. That scowl is intense. Prefer it over Garrett clapping all game.

Yes he let Mack go for cap reasons. Same reason we will to becuz we can not sign everybody next year. So watch what you believe.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Which do you pretend to be here in the Forum?

Honk honk.

Amari wasn’t released, he was traded for a premium pick by a rebuilding organization moving to a new city with a coach that signed a 10 yr contract. It was for cap purposes as well, same as Mack and a fresh start and new vision. He’s been nothing short of a revelation since arriving. This is lunacy.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
We don't know what he wants. The media assumes he is demanding top WR money, and certainly it's reasonable to think he will expect something at least in the general neighborhood, but the media doesn't know what he is demanding, or even if he has made any demands. They are just trying to suck in readers and listeners.

Yeah, I think this is probably closer to the truth. I mean, it's certainly possible that he wants that kind of money but still, I feel like we should at least wait until his agent slinks out with the demands before we throw him under the bus.

LOL....

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Cooper deserves to be paid legit #1 receiver money. He’ll get it somewhere if not here, and there might be room for a little negotiation for lesser value, but not much, and I wouldn’t expect him too. That’s up to him because it’s his sacrifice.