Amari Cooper performance since week 7

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
He’s fine. Don’t believe that narrative. He said himself he’s felt the best he has in a long time in the Vikes game or somewhere around that time. He’s just shutting down like he did in Oakland. He hasn’t changed and we were fools to believe he did.

It is hard to believe the guy who was killing every DB who lined up against him suddenly forgot how to run routes.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
It is hard to believe the guy who was killing every DB who lined up against him suddenly forgot how to run routes.

He’s giving up. Preparing himself to go to another team. Like I said, just like he did in Oakland. He was good, but gave up. Starting dropping balls. Gave up on some routes. Whatever :facepalm:. Maybe he needs a QB that doesn’t wear #4 to pass to him (Derek Carr wears 4 too).

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
The man played thru injuries. Several of them. Then when he plays, and doesn't produce, he's talked about, badly.

Dez was right. If you are not 100%, don't play.

Hopefully he can get over the injuries he's suffered and comes back with a new contract and at 100% next year and beyond.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Since week 7, Cooper had 5 games where he was held for 30 yards or less. One game he had 1 catch for 3 yards, and another game where he completely ghosted. The Chicago game, he showed up in garbage time with Dak and padded some stats - he had 5 TDs within the first 6 weeks of the season, and 3 TDs the last 10 games. His bad hands from Oakland have come back this year, and the "no passion for football" type attitude Raiders fans told me about is starting to show as well. Dude mentally checks out when things get tough.

Might be the most overrated player currently on this team. Topping both Prescott and Zeke. PFF even took a shot at this dude.

He's a BEAST, ALPHA and real "DOG"..........said no one ever.:lmao:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Here is a refresher course for you. You could tell his burst hasn't been there the last half of this season. Either he lost interest or is injured.

So he beat up on a crappy secondary, but every time he went up against a good DB, he became a ghost?

Show me a great corner he did something again? Barely did anything against Lattimore and was held to 0 catches against Gilmore....

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I can live with him on a 7.5 million per year deal. I shudder to think of what he is gonna get on the open market. Consider the pick sunken costs and be prepared to move on. Man we are a poorly run franchise.
7.5 million a year ? What is this 1999?

BigD5

Reaction score
We need a reciever that's tough as nails and can play like a true #88.

Take your choice.

1)Laviska Shenault Jr. f/ Colorado.
2) Bryan Edwards f/ S.Carolina.
3) Kalija Lipscomb f/ Vanderbilt.
4) Kendrick Roger's f/ Texas A&M.
5) Denzel Mims f/ Baylor.
6) Chris Blair f/ Alcorn.
None of those

Maybe Jeudy or Ceedee Lamb

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
So he beat up on a crappy secondary, but every time he went up against a good DB, he became a ghost?

Show me a great corner he did something again? Barely did anything against Lattimore and was held to 0 catches against Gilmore....

The same exact Eagles defense he lit up last year and earlier this season. Now suddenly he can't beat the Eagles corners and you want me to believe he isn't hurting.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Here is a refresher course for you. You could tell his burst hasn't been there the last half of this season. Either he lost interest or is injured.

It’s the latter. Like in Oakland, he’s lost interest. I say we ship him to Miami. He’s from there, so let him enjoy playing for the Dolphins. He clearly has lost interest in Dallas and this clown show. Only bad thing is, he won’t enjoy going up north 3 times a year to play division rivals. He will be cold and will fold. Hey Amari! Don’t forget to pack your clown shoes on the way out!

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
None of those

Maybe Jeudy or Ceedee Lamb
I was thinking more alone the lines of the physical play we've gotten out of our 88's in the past. Jeudy and Lamb will go before any of the guys on my list, but can they provide that physical play like our 88's in the past? That's what I was thinking about when I made that list.

BigD5

Reaction score
I was thinking more alone the lines of the physical play we've gotten out of our 88's in the past. Jeudy and Lamb will go before any of the guys on my list, but can they provide that physical play like our 88's in the past? That's what I was thinking about when I made that list.
I got you.

If that’s the case I think Lamb absolutely is that type of beast. But yea he should be gone before we pick. But ya never know

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Since week 7, Cooper had 5 games where he was held for 30 yards or less. One game he had 1 catch for 3 yards, and another game where he completely ghosted. The Chicago game, he showed up in garbage time with Dak and padded some stats - he had 5 TDs within the first 6 weeks of the season, and 3 TDs the last 10 games. His bad hands from Oakland have come back this year, and the "no passion for football" type attitude Raiders fans told me about is starting to show as well. Dude mentally checks out when things get tough.

Might be the most overrated player currently on this team. Topping both Prescott and Zeke. PFF even took a shot at this dude.

Cooper doesn’t belong on this team. His attitude yesterday was petty and childish. Disappeared in the biggest game of the year. Cobb was out there hooting and hollering and trying to fire up the team and Cooper is in the sideline looking like he could care less.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The same exact Eagles defense he lit up last year and earlier this season. Now suddenly he can't beat the Eagles corners and you want me to believe he isn't hurting.

The Eagles don't have any great corners.

Again, tell me what great corner he has beaten up on? I'll wait for you to give me that list.

perrykemp

Reaction score
The Eagles don't have any great corners.

Again, tell me what great corner he has beaten up on? I'll wait for you to give me that list.

Jaire Alexander... admittedly not a great corner, however a good up and coming corner.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Another enigma. Frustrating that his talent doesnt always show, you cannot win consistently with this type
Tell that to Nick Saban and Teddy Bridewater his high school QB. Let him go and you will see him flourish again in New England or wherever Bridgewater ends up next year.