Amari Cooper shouldn’t be resigned

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Amari will be back. who cares who is #1 and #2 between him and Gallup. Both make a very above average tandem.

MyUserName

Reaction score
If he takes a team friendly deal, I'd bring him back. If he wants top tier WR money, let him walk.
Agree, below $16M keep him, otherwise let him walk.

I'm confident there is a team or two out there that will pay his asking price, so let's draft a stud and make Gallup #1 ...he's ready.

Tooter_Magee

Reaction score
I suspect many saying don’t sign him were excited about trading for him
A first rnd pick for a short term rental seems crazy to me
The decision to sign him or not should have been made before trading for him

I was dead set against the trade. Amari looked pretty average in his last years with the Raiders. But he quickly made a difference last year. As it's been said, it's not just his receptions that made a difference but also that he opens the field up for everyone else. He's regarded as one of the best route runners in the league. I'm in the camp that thinks his injury held him back at the end of the season.

And maybe Gallup can develop into a true #1. But you still need a high level #2 (like current Gallup) in order to make it all work. Rookie WRs are usually hit or miss and take at least a year to develop. This season being an anomaly with the rookie talent.

He's not worth 20 but if they have to overpay by 1 or 2, they need to get it done.

conner01

Reaction score
I was dead set against the trade. Amari looked pretty average in his last years with the Raiders. But he quickly made a difference last year. As it's been said, it's not just his receptions that made a difference but also that he opens the field up for everyone else. He's regarded as one of the best route runners in the league. I'm in the camp that thinks his injury held him back at the end of the season.

And maybe Gallup can develop into a true #1. But you still need a high level #2 (like current Gallup) in order to make it all work. Rookie WRs are usually hit or miss and take at least a year to develop. This season being an anomaly with the rookie talent.

He's not worth 20 but if they have to overpay by 1 or 2, they need to get it done.
I was against trade because I hate giving a one for anyone. But once you do invest that much you have to sign them. I want our top two picks to go defense if the quality is there and not on a WR. I think we will use a mid rnd pick on a WR, hopefully a guy with return skills to replace Cobb eventually
I would also like to see pollard as a punt returning in camp to see if he can do it

John813

Reaction score
At that price, every day of the week! I had Parker on my fantasy team so I watched a lot of his games - the kid is super talented

Finally got out of Gase's **** show and showed his potential.

Did you see what he did to Gilmore this past Sunday?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Keep Cobb let Gallup continue to grow. Sign a veteran to fill out the starters and I’d be content.

Amari is terribly inconsistent and seems to lack a passion for the game. Yes, we spent a first rounder on him, but oh well.

If we have decisions on who to pay, it’d make the numbers easier to swallow by letting Cooper walk. To me, he just isn’t worth the $18-20 million he’s gonna want.
You may be right...especially with this uber deep WR class coming up.

But, man, if we let Cooper walk after giving up a first rounder for him and only getting 1 1/2 seasons of production?
That would be a mammoth fail.

Tooter_Magee

Reaction score
Finally got out of Gase's **** show and showed his potential.

Did you see what he did to Gilmore this past Sunday?

He looks like who he was supposed to be when he was drafted. Injuries and Gase held him back. He was on the trading block well before the Cooper trade. Don't know if the Cowboys had any discussions about him but they should have.

John813

Reaction score
He looks like who he was supposed to be when he was drafted. Injuries and Gase held him back. He was on the trading block well before the Cooper trade. Don't know if the Cowboys had any discussions about him but they should have.

He meshed so well with Fitzpatrick this year, well mainly the 2nd half.

His high point reminds me of Dez for the "jump" balls. He can really leap.