Amari Quote Sums Up Linehan As Problem

droopdog7

Reaction score
Some of y'all haven't a clue. Players improvise on EVERY team. Indeed, those that don't improvise are the ones left behind. And my sense is, Dak hasn't been holding up his end in this sense.

This has nothing to do with the play calling.

Reaction score

Sorry if this was posted. Board moves fast after a game.

Reading this makes my head hurt a bit and glad that Dak and Amari are “rebelling” a bit against the bland playcalling we are seeing.

I don’t care how the season ends...we need new coaches on the offensive side of the ball

The thing is it didn't look like a go route at all to me. Dak threw it into the CB's feet. Odd comment for sure.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
That's like rinsing a turd in water. Its still a turd lol. Another coach goes down running Garretts scheme. How about we change the crappy scheme.
I agree but Jerry isn't parting ways with his boy toy, so this is the next best move.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Insightful. Dak n Romo have gone thru the same crap from an OC calling this offense. I'm not gonna beat up Dak so so much anymore until he gets a better group of offensive coaches. However, still gonna let him have on things he can control.

Watch out Amari, WRs get ran out of DAL for telling the honest to goodness Truth.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
After the game last night on the post game interviews, Brad Sham asked Amari about the 75-yard TD. He said he was mad because the kept setting on the stop routes but we kept calling them. On a good note Dak audibled to the go. If anyone can post that clip it would be helpful. Anyway here is a twit from another thread that has the details...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
After the game last night on the post game interviews, Brad Sham asked Amari about the 75-yard TD. If anyone can post that clip it would be helpful. Anyway here is a twit from another thread that has the details...
This has been covered, but he said something we've been screaming about for years!!!

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I saw where Tony said 1st and 2nd downs were the coaches but third down was his. He said third down defenses tip their hand more and he could tell pre-snap where the ball should go and the coaches were fine with it. That dude saved a lot of guys jobs and made them a lot of money for way longer than they probably deserved

31RoyW31

Reaction score
I don't know if any of y'all noticed after Cooper's 75-yard touchdown or however many yards it was when he was walking to the sidelines and Garrett pushed him in the chest.. Cooper didn't look like he liked it very much.
I noticed that too. Probably tired of Garrett's style already..........it doesn't take long.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
That's like rinsing a turd in water. Its still a turd lol. Another coach goes down running Garretts scheme. How about we change the crappy scheme.

I'm willing to start with the removal of Linehan.

It's a process. And Garrett is teflon unfortunately.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Some of y'all haven't a clue. Players improvise on EVERY team. Indeed, those that don't improvise are the ones left behind. And my sense is, Dak hasn't been holding up his end in this sense.

Guess Amari is clueless too then.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Romo also changed the play a lot. I think a good TE is missing in this offense. Jarwin and Shultz played good yesterday but spent most of the season on back of a milk carton.
I would call Tampa and see what they want for OJ Howard since they don't seem to use him much.

kskboys

Reaction score

So, you missed the part where he said they kept running stop routes into coverage. Odd, especially for someone claiming we don't have a clue. Look inside, grasshopper!!!!!

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
Seems painfully obvious that it's time for a new oc. I think at this point even JG calling plays would be an upgrade.

I don't understand why they did not change that last call. If Cooper knew they were sitting on that slant and he was in 1 on 1 coverage why not take it outside or even a fade? Would seem to be something both the WR and the QB could read at the line and adjust, no?

kevm3

Reaction score
What's really holding this offense back is Linehan's scared playcalling and not trusting his qb. The minute they ignore Garrett and Linehan, the offense magically opens up. It was just like this when Romo was qb, hence him having the title of king of 4th quarter come backs.

slomoxn

Reaction score
Linehan and Garrett are making life so difficult for our receivers and Dak by running so many stop routes over and over. I hope Dak starts changing routes/plays in the huddle or at the line of scrimmage. If they start working, continue overriding Linehan and Garrett. What are they going to do? Bench Dak? The whole Offense will revolt.
It’s probably why he was so good the first year, Romo was around to tell him what play they would call, what to look for and what to audible into to beat it. Dak will have to learn to go against their plays sooner or later because the receivers are too good not to be open. That’s scheme, routes and play calling, if I were him I’d send cooper and Gallup deep on alternating plays with everyone else running whatever they were designed to do. Signal them based on coverage and see what happens.