Amari tradeable after 2021?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The subject of what we will do with our WR's after 2021 has been a topic of discussion. Thats when Gallup becomes an FA and Amari's guarenteed money is up. Its seems the most popular belief is that we may cut Amari and extend Gallup if he proves worth it.

However, there is good chance Amari is willing to lower cap hits at that time for more guarenteed money. Ive always though that considering that, Amari may be the one kept, because he could actually wind up cheaper.

With that in mind, lets say Cooper is willing to do that, and we want to keep Gallup. Would Amari be a good trade asset at that time. Trading a player is always going to be preferable to cutting them.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Are you sure Amari only has two year guaranteed?

edit: I checked. You’re right. I’d actually be shocked if we keep him after next season. Gallup is gonna command a smaller salary and Lamb should be our #1 by then anyway.

John813

Reaction score
It would be better value to get some picks out of trading him than a simple cut.

We'll see where the cap is at in two years. Is 20 AAV for a receiver the going rate still? Higher? Lower? etc...
Is Gallups #1 goal money, or winning or location etc.

He's tradable even this offseason, hypothetically. Guaranteed base salary doesn't carry dead cap if traded, only if cut.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It would be better value to get some picks out of trading him than a simple cut.

We'll see where the cap is at in two years. Is 20 AAV for a receiver the going rate still? Higher? Lower? etc...
Is Gallups #1 goal money, or winning or location etc.

He's tradable even this offseason, hypothetically. Guaranteed base salary doesn't carry dead cap if traded, only if cut.
I think at minimum Cooper would get a 2nd if he was the one we decided to move on from. I think there is a decent we could get a 1st back

Big thing would be his willingness to restructure after 2021. I think he most likely would, but thats still speculative

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Are you sure Amari only has two year guaranteed?

edit: I checked. You’re right. I’d actually be shocked if we keep him after next season. Gallup is gonna command a smaller salary and Lamb should be our #1 by then anyway.
Depends on how well Gallup plays and what happens with the cap. There is a possibility if Cooper is willing to restructure that his AAV is less than Gallups after Gallup signs his next contract