Amazing How Far Our Star has Fallen

superonyx

Reaction score
It wasnt long ago that we were the "team to beat". It is really bothering me how much everyone has turned on us. I never wanted to believe it until today. I thought we still demanded some respect around the league.
Everyone is laughing at us.
We are actually a 10 point underdog against the Giants!!!
The giants are a team that grinds it out and doesnt score that many points to warrant a 10 point spread against anyone. Especially the Cowboys.
I think this game spread and these "experts" commentary is more about how we are viewed by them than how dominant the Giants are.
We really are not being given any chance to win this game.

I always wanted this victory. But after all this crap i am hearing about us i want this game more than any game we have or will play this year.
Its time to the cowboys to send a message to the league and the media that we have not gone away and that we are going to punch anyone who gets in our way in the mouth.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
In a "What have you done for me lately?" league, we have been playing poorly for the past month. It's no big surprise that the media is cooking us right now.

However, by the same token, if we start lighting it up and playing up to our talent, everyone in the media will be right back on the bandwagon. They'll still be talking about how we haven't won a playoff game in 12 years... but they will stop roasting us alive.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
You're right about the Gints. They aren't much better than TB. We play defense like last week, STs doesn't give away field position, and we win the turnover battle then we can win this game. Brad does need to play better as does the OL.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
I know what your saying, but In my house The Star is as bright and high as ever. The people who say the star is falling never held it in high regard anyway, so &#$@ em.

As a Wise Man once said "Embrace The Hatred"

Payback will be a bit_ _.:)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
A couple key injuries can do that to you.

That nugget of knowledge I just dropped was free of charge.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant, and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Isoroku Yamamoto

Frozen700

Reaction score
the media is as fake as they come...watch if we win this game and dominate when Romo gets back...they will be talking us up..as if they never turned their back

Sadly..the only person on Espn who keeps it real...is Skip bayless....regardless of how we do..he is never full mode bandwagon....

NinePointOh

Reaction score
Losing four Pro Bowlers including the starting quarterback, and two other starters, and your top draft pick to injuries, all at the same time, tends to do that to you.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
superonyx;2389684 said:
It wasnt long ago that we were the "team to beat". It is really bothering me how much everyone has turned on us. I never wanted to believe it until today. I thought we still demanded some respect around the league.
Everyone is laughing at us.
We are actually a 10 point underdog against the Giants!!!
The giants are a team that grinds it out and doesnt score that many points to warrant a 10 point spread against anyone. Especially the Cowboys.
I think this game spread and these "experts" commentary is more about how we are viewed by them than how dominant the Giants are.
We really are not being given any chance to win this game.

I always wanted this victory. But after all this crap i am hearing about us i want this game more than any game we have or will play this year.
Its time to the cowboys to send a message to the league and the media that we have not gone away and that we are going to punch anyone who gets in our way in the mouth.

I can agree with you on the media and sports talk folks, athough there is some justification for their chuckles. The point spread, however, is a different thing. The betting outlets that set the point spread have millions of dollars on the line. They may be wrong, but they are going to get is as close as they possibly can.

Mansta54

Reaction score
sandtrapp;2389703 said:
I know what your saying, but In my house The Star is as bright and high as ever. The people who say the star is falling never held it in high regard anyway, so &#$@ em.

As a Wise Man once said "Embrace The Hatred"

Payback will be a bit_ _.:)

Preach on preacher!!!! Very well said.....:bow:

kingfish

Reaction score
NinePointOh;2389959 said:
Losing four Pro Bowlers including the starting quarterback, and two other starters, and your top draft pick to injuries, all at the same time, tends to do that to you.
Well then, what was the excuse when you lost to the Commanders and Cardinals? Didn't you have all of your starters in those two games?

Reaction score
Respect for what, Dallas hasn't proven anything since 1995. That's the last time they've actually won a Superbowl title... Respect is earned by winning, something they haven't done.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
kingfish;2390082 said:
Well then, what was the excuse when you lost to the Commanders and Cardinals? Didn't you have all of your starters in those two games?
Lackluster efforts against playoff teams? No one would disagree that the team was underperforming before Romo went down.

NinePointOh

Reaction score
kingfish;2390082 said:

No. Williams, Newman, and Kosier all missed the Cardinals game. Williams, Kosier, and Anderson all missed the Commanders game.

And even so, those were an OT loss and a 2-point loss against teams that are now a combined 10-5.

MONT17

Reaction score
When half of ur team is happy with being backups what do u expect?

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
theogt;2389757 said:
A couple key injuries can do that to you.

That nugget of knowledge I just dropped was free of charge.

Please, the Giants lost their two best pass rushers and look at what they are able to do.

Tony Romo being injured has definately hurt the team but it isn't like we were playing great when he was at the helm.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Giants are beating us up on both sides of the ball. JJ the GM has been exposed with really poor backup QB's -

Lock it down!

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2391866 said:
Please, the Giants lost their two best pass rushers and look at what they are able to do.

Tony Romo being injured has definately hurt the team but it isn't like we were playing great when he was at the helm.
If the Giants were without Eli, Derrick Ward Chris Snee Kenny Phillips Aaron Ross and Corey Webster and had Brad Johnson at QB, then you may have a point.