AMD blows minds with a 16-core 7nm gaming CPU that works like any other Ryzen

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AMD blows minds with a 16-core 7nm gaming CPU that works like any other Ryzen

3rd_Gen_Ryzen__1_.jpg

The $750 Ryzen 9 3950X is coming this September, and it fits into an AM4 motherboard

Read Full Story

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Good luck finding any normal desktop software that could ever use all that power.

To saturate all those cores, you would need to install BONIC and help the scientific community. Either that, or take up Astrophotography and process those gigantic image compositions.

Someone should start a seti@home CowboysZone group lol

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. From what I hear, the chip has serious security issues and performance problems. Apparently it locks up. AMD might not be able to get it off the ground if not solved and it's scheduled to be released in the Fall. I think it's going to get pushed back, which only creates more money issues. I hope they can get it figured out because I would love to see Intel be forced to actually produce a quality chip for gaming but I don't know if this chip is it. Hope it is.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. From what I hear, the chip has serious security issues and performance problems. Apparently it locks up. AMD might not be able to get it off the ground if not solved and it's scheduled to be released in the Fall. I think it's going to get pushed back, which only creates more money issues. I hope they can get it figured out because I would love to see Intel be forced to actually produce a quality chip for gaming but I don't know if this chip is it. Hope it is.
Where are you getting this info? Based on what I can tell, AMD hasn't released any chips to anyone yet and the only benchmarks are coming directly from AMD and they haven't mentioned any issues thus far.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Where are you getting this info? Based on what I can tell, AMD hasn't released any chips to anyone yet and the only benchmarks are coming directly from AMD and they haven't mentioned any issues thus far.

I work in this industry. like anything, you hear things.

And BTW, there is info out there.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I have never really been an AMD fan but I love competition and it looks AMD may finally really compete with Intel.

Some of their Athlon 64 were very good processors at the time, probably even better than anything Intel had in that same time period. And I agree, competition is good. Intel has been kicking their tails for several years and it appears AMD may be closing the gap. Going to hang onto my Intel Haswell for now though and skip paying 750$ just for a CPU.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some of their Athlon 64 were very good processors at the time, probably even better than anything Intel had in that same time period. And I agree, competition is good. Intel has been kicking their tails for several years and it appears AMD may be closing the gap. Going to hang onto my Intel Haswell for now though and skip paying 750$ just for a CPU.
I am not anti-AMD by any means, but in my experience working with AMD chips, they have always seemed more power hungry than their Intel equivalents.

I have not worked with the Ryzen generation chips though so perhaps they have improved in that area.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I am not anti-AMD by any means, but in my experience working with AMD chips, they have always seemed more power hungry than their Intel equivalents.

I have not worked with the Ryzen generation chips though so perhaps they have improved in that area.

From everything I have heard they have closed the gap but I still believe Intel is king.